Xtreme Gaming Network

Cobra Cup Round 6 (Final) at Watkins Glen NASCAR Prac server UP

Author Topic: Cobra Cup Round 6 (Final) at Watkins Glen NASCAR Prac server UP  (Read 17396 times)

Offline rpo83

• View Profile
Re: Cobra Cup Round 6 (Final) at Watkins Glen NASCAR Prac server UP
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2014, 08:03:21 AM »
Haha a great story!

Not for poor rooshooter.......
Cheers

Steve

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2014, 09:24:51 AM »
I must apologise to Rooshooter, the Mrs was watching some Gerard Butler movie tonight, so i saw the opportunity to cut some laps :)

I jumped in the practice server and saw Rooshooter was cutting some laps, i thought it would be a good opportunity to figure out how the multiplayer screens worked, i clicked on his name and could see him running around the track, but from a side view, i saw a button at the end of his name, thinking it was a camera button, i clicked it.... NOPE, it was a "Kick from Server" Button  :o Sorry Roo, i didn't know how to cancel it... I promise i wont do it again....

I have been playing with setups, it is very weird, i get a setup that drives nice, feels responsive and i loose a second!! Run default which drives poorly and am much faster!! How is the tyre model in AC, do i need to get a few laps to build temp or after the out lap are you pretty good to go??

We've all had that "what does this button do?" moment :)
It takes a few laps for the tyres to get up to temp.  There areapps you can ddownload which show you tyre temps etc. Look for "mini apps" on the official forums. .That's one of the best. There are also good apps to tell you if your FFB is clipping, which is important for good feel.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2014, 09:29:07 AM »
I must apologise to Rooshooter, the Mrs was watching some Gerard Butler movie tonight, so i saw the opportunity to cut some laps :)

I jumped in the practice server and saw Rooshooter was cutting some laps, i thought it would be a good opportunity to figure out how the multiplayer screens worked, i clicked on his name and could see him running around the track, but from a side view, i saw a button at the end of his name, thinking it was a camera button, i clicked it.... NOPE, it was a "Kick from Server" Button  :o Sorry Roo, i didn't know how to cancel it... I promise i wont do it again....

I have been playing with setups, it is very weird, i get a setup that drives nice, feels responsive and i loose a second!! Run default which drives poorly and am much faster!! How is the tyre model in AC, do i need to get a few laps to build temp or after the out lap are you pretty good to go??

Rpo. That was good practice with Rooshooter. It works best when you click that button next to Marty's name. We all do it. Never gets old.

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2014, 12:42:35 PM »

I wondered what happened and I could not rejoin either. Do not worry,I was not offended and my driving was becoming erratic anyway,
too many Sunday night beers. I also have noticed a setup that feels good is not necessarily the fastest. I am still 5 seconds off the pace and I have no idea which part of the track I am slow on or if I am just slow :(
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2014, 01:08:02 PM »
Hope this helps roo...

Rooshooter at Watkins Glen...
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2014, 03:01:24 PM »
Just cut a few laps with Rpo, we both are a little bamboozled with the car and setups but I reckon there must be some sort of black magic tweak somewhere that will transform the car......

Thanks Bruce for the super quick service of adding me to the server list.

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2014, 03:57:50 PM »
Just cut a few laps with Rpo, we both are a little bamboozled with the car and setups but I reckon there must be some sort of black magic tweak somewhere that will transform the car......

and how did the boys go??? Have a look.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2014, 04:11:24 PM »
Hope this helps roo...

Rooshooter at Watkins Glen...
thanks Bruce
NP roo, I hope you weren't in the server this arvo when I restarted it, if so. my apologies.  I noted you had some lap times in this arvo's logs.

Offline rpo83

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2014, 06:25:51 PM »

and how did the boys go??? Have a look.

Is nothing sacred???
Cheers

Steve

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal