Xtreme Gaming Network

S5R6: Lotus Exos 125 at Spa - Post Race

Author Topic: S5R6: Lotus Exos 125 at Spa - Post Race  (Read 16322 times)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S5R6: Lotus Exos 125 at Spa - Post Race
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2015, 04:36:15 PM »
I was hitting DRS as soon as I was off the brakes in most corners (to help cure understeer), certainly wide open through Eau Rouge.

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2015, 05:16:16 PM »
I was hitting DRS as soon as I was off the brakes in most corners (to help cure understeer), certainly wide open through Eau Rouge.

Same here. DRS open at La Source and pedal to the metal to the end of the straight.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Benana101

• New to Sim racing
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2015, 05:56:36 PM »
Thanks for the Race guys, First time I did a full race night! I don't even know how but I went from 2:09:761 down to a 2:04:455! Using Guy's setup with some changes to the Aero. Seeya next week guys
If you’re in control, you’re not going fast enough. – Parnelli Jones

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2015, 08:45:21 PM »
Probably was more me taking a poor line through Eau Rogue that burned me :o but after loosing control in that section, I wanted all the grip I could get going through there  :-[

Offline Perch

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2015, 09:55:54 PM »
Then later in the race I had a great tussle with Perch, who got the speed on me in general - but he used the high-df set, therefore near-unable to overtake.  Hehe.
This was endlessly frustrating! Through Bruxelles, Pouhon, Campus I was all over you but couldn't hold it through Blanchimont to pass at the chicane. I kept trying the inside there in hope of bullying you into doing something silly but even if I had succeeded I couldn't have kept you behind down Kemmel. Again, solid drive mate and sorry about the shunts! :)

managed to pull some nice drafts behind Perch
As though the high DF didn't leave me enough of a sitting duck, it turned out my DRS was never even working! I still had '7' for boost mapped to the same button in the logitech profiler from the last two rounds :( Oh well, it was good fun trying to defend into Les Combes by sitting in the left-centre of the track and then swerving back onto the racing line before the corner. Perhaps a bit aggressive but I was running out of ideas to you keep you and the rest of the pack behind! Fun time :)

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2015, 09:56:45 PM »
Thx guys that was a good racing night,terrific track plus a fast and modern machine,plus your company,,hahaahaa   :-*  ok ok

Race 1 was great I think bacchulum forced me to give way and passed me beautifully but then I chased him hard while he was battling a nervous bird,finally after few laps I had the golden chance to pass both  due to an incident and putting my ass in 2nd but freezer thought differently and ...went long,,,it happens.... the secret to slow down and avoid the mess is an unknown art :'(  ,,but hey freezer no bad feelings ;D
Race 2 was excellent unfortunately after guybrush passed me (of course) I touched his rear right sending him in a spin,really sorry matey.Well so I could see bird 2 sec ahead and clearly was a question of honor catching him and (penetrate :P) him under braking,i tried hard and I could see that I was gaining something at every lap.Around lap 9 I decided to pit for fuel but I decided not to get fresh tyre assuming I could get few sec off him,but the combination of a  noob approach to pitting and the mistake of not taking fresh tyres proved fatal  resulting in slower pace and the broken dream to.....penetrate Bird    ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Great fun!!!!,unparalleled online action.

byw....this was the first podium in years,..i think since  GTL...mmmmuhahahaha 8) 8)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 09:59:22 PM by Simone »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2015, 03:19:10 AM »
Sounds like some fun racing guys, would be nice to race some more open wheel seasons especially as I have missed most of this one.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2015, 04:51:02 AM »
Then later in the race I had a great tussle with Perch, who got the speed on me in general - but he used the high-df set, therefore near-unable to overtake.  Hehe.
This was endlessly frustrating! Through Bruxelles, Pouhon, Campus I was all over you but couldn't hold it through Blanchimont to pass at the chicane. I kept trying the inside there in hope of bullying you into doing something silly but even if I had succeeded I couldn't have kept you behind down Kemmel. Again, solid drive mate and sorry about the shunts! :)

managed to pull some nice drafts behind Perch
As though the high DF didn't leave me enough of a sitting duck, it turned out my DRS was never even working! I still had '7' for boost mapped to the same button in the logitech profiler from the last two rounds :( Oh well, it was good fun trying to defend into Les Combes by sitting in the left-centre of the track and then swerving back onto the racing line before the corner. Perhaps a bit aggressive but I was running out of ideas to you keep you and the rest of the pack behind! Fun time :)

Yeah with my setup the DRS added another 15 - 20 km/h to top speed.  I had no trouble in keeping up with Bird on the straights at the start of the first race,  the issue for me was that because Bird's setup was so slow in the corners I'd have to jam on the brakes and take evasive action and was slow coming out.  Almost collected him once as it seemed so unusual.  Once I figured out his pace in some of the corners I was right though.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2015, 08:11:14 AM »
maybe the DRS is not a percentage thing, but sets the wing back to some low value?   15-20km/h seems a lot. Much more than Bacchulum's setup got. (I'd say about 10km/h extra, max, 180 vs 290 at the end of the straight)

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2015, 11:58:56 AM »
finally after few laps I had the golden chance to pass both  due to an incident and putting my ass in 2nd but freezer thought differently and ...went long,,,it happens.... the secret to slow down and avoid the mess is an unknown art :'(  ,,but hey freezer no bad feelings ;D
Problem for me was that I was approaching your rear quite fast and working out which way to go.  When I pulled out there were suddenly two cars going slow which was the last thing I expected to see in that part of the track.  For a second I thought they were going to part and there was a half gap but it almost immediately disappeared and it was to late......

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2015, 01:14:31 PM »
Great to watch your car as a replay Freezer (nearly a gap in there!!)
You certainly don't get much decision time in these twitchy speed demons!!  :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal