Xtreme Gaming Network

S22R2: French Grand Prix Post Race

Author Topic: S22R2: French Grand Prix Post Race  (Read 15525 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S22R2: French Grand Prix Post Race
« on: May 15, 2018, 06:42:24 PM »
Phil wins the second race of the season, leading from pole to the end, running a long H, Short S pit strategy. Last week's winner Kcender finished 4th.

RACE RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS
SEASON STATS

Round Points
Phil.8   45
Matthew111   38
Jeremy   32
Kcender87   27
Bacchulum   23
Freezer   20
ab156   18
Keith   17
Seanus   16
Shayne   15
Doobs   14
Wally   13
Shaun Field   12
Dave O   11
Simone   10
Grat   0
Mael   0

Congratulations to Phil.8 on pole and the race win.

Penalties
None. Seanus and Keith had a tangling of wheels which caused a few collisions, but it looked pretty innocent and unavoidable.

Season Podium
1. Kcender87 and Phil.8, 45
2. Matthew111, 38
3. Jeremy, 32
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 10:25:57 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline grat

• View Profile
Re: S22R2: French Grand Prix Post Race
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 09:36:16 PM »
Sorry, guys. AC crashed again mid-race. Looks like something came in that crashes everything after around 30 minutes of play... that sounds like a very annoying thing to fix...

Offline GT VIRUS

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 10:01:35 PM »
Grat, could be something to do with the replay file size? Can't say for sure but seems like the culprit off-hand.

I don't know what's wrong with my setup, but my Ferarri just doesn't seem to pull right out of corners. It's pretty depressing.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 10:30:52 PM »
I got caught up in the opening collisions, which put me pretty much at the back. On the way I had some good racing with DaveO, getting a draft past him on the straight then getting a boot in the rear when he drafted behind me, but I managed to hang on in the fast sweeper. Then I caught up with Doobs and gave it a couple of laps close behind him, but I couldn't pass, so I pitted relatively early to get some clear track. It was pretty clear when I came out of the pits, which was good to just try to get some fast laps in, but I didn't have much pace.

Late in the race I had a stupid spin when I got a bit much kerb at T2, losing a couple of places to Seanus and Doobs to drop me back to 12th. I reckon turns 1 and 2 are the hardest part of the track here, with the unsettling kerbs and the camber.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2018, 10:52:23 PM »
Grat, could be something to do with the replay file size? Can't say for sure but seems like the culprit off-hand.

I don't know what's wrong with my setup, but my Ferarri just doesn't seem to pull right out of corners. It's pretty depressing.
Thank you, GT. I guess yours is a wild guess, but surely more civilized than any guess of mine. I will try. Unfortunately these days I have little time to drive or play with pc settings, so there's a high chance I won't solve this by next Tuesday.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2018, 10:52:36 PM »
About the race: I had a stable car on Sunday. But today she had sudden attacks of unrecoverable oversteer. Why? No clue. Managed a pair of decent laps in quali: 3rd. Could not really do 10 laps in a row in race... :( at the third attempt, AC crashed.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2018, 11:21:55 PM »
Managed to qualify 4th tonight but the smallest early jump cost me a drive through.  In my panic at the jump start I pulled second early and completely
bogged it down dropping way back.  I then had contact with a spinner at turn 1, so almost everything had gone wrong at this point!!
But then it got good.  From 15th I started hauling in the pack.  I found the Maki well balanced, with just a few setup clicks here and there away from default and
slightly lowered wings.  I was grabbing spots every 2nd lap and ran right through to 3rd on lap 19.  Pitted two laps later for softs and was able to grab two spots back
and was hauling in Bacculum but ran out of laps!
Got home 6th in the end for a pretty enjoyable night.
Can't say the same about my team mate Mael, who appears to have had a second disconnect! :(

Offline kcender87

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2018, 11:26:08 PM »
well that all went terribly wrong :P

some windows update rendered the soundcard for the shakers unknown to the system which made the car feel weird (first world problems i know) - then the shifter's hall sensor for 2nd gear went a bit off meaning the 1st to 2nd shift at 3 points on track was a lottery at best (muich yellow gearbox and missed shifts were seen

finally i miscalculated how far the hards would run and committed to a HH strat when H S would have been viable with less top up fuel, faster finish and less time in the pits

also the wind was blowing the wrong direction, sun was in my eyes and didnt wear lucky socks + any other excuses :P

Offline GT VIRUS

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2018, 11:43:37 PM »
About the race: I had a stable car on Sunday. But today she had sudden attacks of unrecoverable oversteer. Why? No clue. Managed a pair of decent laps in quali: 3rd. Could not really do 10 laps in a row in race... :( at the third attempt, AC crashed.

Any chance you want to share that setup? I'd love to know if that's where I'm going wrong

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2018, 06:39:12 AM »
LOL Kcender :)

Grat, I would check that you've got enough disk space free on the drive where your replays are stored (Documents/Assetto Corsa). It could be that after half an hour, AC is trying to write the replay file and crashing due to low disk space.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2018, 06:57:44 AM »
LOL Kcender :)

Grat, I would check that you've got enough disk space free on the drive where your replays are stored (Documents/Assetto Corsa). It could be that after half an hour, AC is trying to write the replay file and crashing due to low disk space.
Ok. Thank you. Will check and report. :)

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2018, 06:58:00 AM »

Any chance you want to share that setup? I'd love to know if that's where I'm going wrong
Sure, will do.

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2018, 10:52:40 AM »
I had a most enjoyable night. I was about 5 seconds off the pace which was a little frustrating, but there were enough of us in that boat so I wasn't feeling lonely. I didn't hit anyone (of my own doing), and didn't make any big mistakes.  wooohooo!!!

Unfortunately I tagged someone at the start from the Seanus/Keith incident which caused moderate damage to my front wing. I'm not sure if that really compromised my race or enhanced it, and I didn't get a chance to find out at the pitstop because I was in my pit before I could even look at getting the wing fixed.

I'm not sure if I actually managed to pass anyone on track, but ended up in 11th and made up nearly 2 secs on my previous best practice times.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2018, 11:50:00 AM »

I'm not sure if I actually managed to pass anyone on track, but ended up in 11th and made up nearly 2 secs on my previous best practice times.
You definitely passed me when I was off track!

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2018, 12:14:10 PM »

You definitely passed me when I was off track!

LOL, yeah I don't count them Wally.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal