Xtreme Gaming Network

Sep 27 fun run - random surpise races

Author Topic: Sep 27 fun run - random surpise races  (Read 16544 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Sep 27 fun run - random surpise races
« on: September 20, 2016, 11:37:15 PM »
This week will be a fun run with a mixed bag of 3 races in unannounced surprise combos, with fixed setups, to see who can adapt and learn the quickest. Each race will only have a 10 minute qualifying session, then a 20 minute race, at 3 different tracks, in 3 different cars (none of the cars are really that hard to drive).

For the "pre-race" warmup, I'll just have the server on a rotation of 5 lap races with a selection of cars, just for fun until 8:30pm Eastern, when the first random qually will start.

The cars and tracks could be from any of the DLC packs, but won't rely on any mods.

I promise I won't practice  :P . I've only done enough laps to determine fuel and tyre pressures!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: Sep 27 fun run - random surpise races
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 11:15:45 AM »
Will they all be 1 car type races then, sounds like an interesting concept. I take it your pre race practice is in cars we wont actually run in the races.

By easy then the combo wont be yellowbird followed by Sauber c9 and finished off with ferrari sf15t.  ;D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 11:19:34 AM »
To keep it so all that want to have a run maybe those interested in running on the night can say which dreampacks they dont have. This way Wally can make sure we only run combos all have.

I have all the dream packs.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 01:43:37 PM »
Will they all be 1 car type races then, sounds like an interesting concept. I take it your pre race practice is in cars we wont actually run in the races.

By easy then the combo wont be yellowbird followed by Sauber c9 and finished off with ferrari sf15t.  ;D
Yeah, each race will be single make, if that's what you mean. And yes, the pre races are in different cars yet again, just to have something to do until 8:30 if we're not practicing that night's races.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2016, 01:45:37 PM »
To keep it so all that want to have a run maybe those interested in running on the night can say which dreampacks they dont have. This way Wally can make sure we only run combos all have.

I have all the dream packs.
I've already chosen some combos. With 6 packs already, I can't remember what cars and tracks came with what packs. I'm just going to keep it simple and draw from the full game.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2016, 01:52:39 PM »
Sounds fun. I don't have the very latest car pack with the FXX etc, but only because I haven't got around to buying it yet. Will be running triples by next Tuesday. yay!

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2016, 02:43:40 PM »
can i race with ya?? 

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2016, 04:04:25 PM »
can i race with ya??
If you can remember the password, yes!

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2016, 04:57:14 PM »
Seeing there is no need for a practice server this week, is there anything other then GT2 you may be considering for the next season. That server still just has the last round practice up but I can change it to anything else, I will leave the other GT2 server on the same one but will change track probably later tonight.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2016, 05:33:08 PM »

I hope you're wrong, there's two cars I was hoping we'd be driving. 8)

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2016, 07:06:00 PM »
Seeing there is no need for a practice server this week, is there anything other then GT2 you may be considering for the next season. That server still just has the last round practice up but I can change it to anything else, I will leave the other GT2 server on the same one but will change track probably later tonight.

Pick one of the other cars from the poll - Maserati GranTurismo MC GT4 or Lotus 2 Eleven GT4 (no ABS or TC for either, not sure if the Lotus has ABS or TC).

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2016, 07:23:51 PM »
can i race with ya??

how could i forget the famous,,,,legendary xgn password?????????

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2016, 07:32:20 PM »
can i race with ya??

how could i forget the famous,,,,legendary xgn password?????????
Have you got it tattooed on your body somewhere yet?

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2016, 07:48:58 PM »

Pick one of the other cars from the poll - Maserati GranTurismo MC GT4 or Lotus 2 Eleven GT4 (no ABS or TC for either, not sure if the Lotus has ABS or TC).
I am actually enjoying the Maserati at Mugello server... but I am alone... :(

Offline slideways

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2016, 02:25:31 PM »
I don't have the Red pack as yet so I'll have to wait and see what car(s) and tracks are used.. ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal