Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 14 Cars

Poll

Which options would you prefer for season 14?

GT2 - Ferrari 458 GT2, BMW M3 GT2, Corvette C7R
12 (44.4%)
GT4 - Single make, Maserati GranTurismo MC GT4
12 (44.4%)
GT4 - Single make, Lotus 2 Eleven GT4
3 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: Season 14 Cars  (Read 25014 times)

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
Re: Season 14 Cars
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2016, 10:59:30 AM »
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2016, 11:11:12 AM »
I guess people prefer street cars over gt cars, gt4 is a just street car roll cage and slicks..

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2016, 11:18:58 AM »
Fight, fight, fight!  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2016, 11:30:01 AM »
I guess people prefer street cars over gt cars, gt4 is a just street car roll cage and slicks..
Isn't GT2/GT3 as well (apart from the performance balancing changes)?
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2016, 11:41:36 AM »
GT3's are factory built, street legal, racecars.
GT2 are pure built, street illegal, racecars.
I don't think there's BoP in GT2. :-\

2+2=√16

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2016, 12:08:19 PM »
GT3's are factory built, street legal, racecars.
GT2 are pure built, street illegal, racecars.
I don't think there's BoP in GT2. :-\

We have gt2 and gte though with the c7 being gte so lemans gt endurance spec. Gt2 is the older spec car which gte has evolved from. GTE has BOP and this was a big issue at the last lemans race.  ;)

http://www.foxsports.com.au/motorsport/le-mans-a-question-of-balance-as-porsche-cries-foul-over-ford-gt-on-eve-of-race/news-story/4db82d44656209bfafa33a46b5f054f7

GT3 and GT2 are both nothing to do with the street cars other then basic body shape. You cant buy a rwd r35 gtr, you cant buy a bentleigh even close to the gt3 car, in japan they have a gt3 prius which is nothing like the road car other then basic shape and name.

GT4 is generally a factory prepared ready to race class, basic road cars with minimal modifications other then for safety.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 12:13:31 PM by marty »

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2016, 12:58:54 PM »
The Porsche GT3 is road legal (my old boss bought one), basically a stripped down road car with roll cage.

2+2=√16

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2016, 01:43:23 PM »
The Porsche GT3 is road legal (my old boss bought one), basically a stripped down road car with roll cage.

But its not even close to the gt3 spec car its just gt3 in the name like the lotus evora gte which is a road car and has no relevance to the fia gte races spec.

Im sure when the Porsche packs come many will be confused by their car naming. They have road cars named gr2 gt3 and gt4 yet they arent in any way the same as their race spec gt cars.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 03:10:13 PM by marty »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2016, 02:04:26 PM »
Yes, right. The Maserati MC4 is also specced as a racecar - it's not a road car.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2016, 03:49:45 PM »
Marty: as far as I understand, GTE cars must have the same chassis platform as the roadgoing car, and the same suspension geometry (if not, they must have double wishbone everywhere). Engine can be different, but must be based on road vehicle of the same manufacturer. And also anything other than RWD is forbidden. If I am not wrong (please correct me if so) then saying that they only have the body shape of the roadgoing car is a bit unfair (it makes it sound like they are like the Australian supercars). I think that very similar rules apply to GT3, but with different rules about engine restrictions, electronic aids, aerodynamic appendices, but I still do not remember them having to be road-legal. Am I wrong?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2016, 04:05:49 PM »
Group GT3
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
Group GT3, known technically as Cup Grand Touring Cars[1] and commonly referred to as simply GT3, is a set of regulations maintained by the Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA) for grand tourer racing cars designed for use in various auto racing series throughout the world. The GT3 category was initially created in 2005 by the SRO Group as a third rung in the ladder of grand touring motorsport, below the Group GT1 and Group GT2 categories which were utilized in the SRO's FIA GT Championship, and launched its own series in 2006, the FIA GT3 European Championship. Since then, Group GT3 has expanded to become the de facto category for many national and international grand touring series, although some series modify the ruleset from the FIA standard. By 2013, nearly 20 automobile manufacturers have built or been represented with GT3 machines.
Group GT3 allows for a wide variety of car types to be homologated with almost no limit on engine sizes and configurations or chassis construction or layout. GT3 cars must be based on production road car models in mass production. Performance of all the Group GT3 cars are regulated, either by the GT Bureau of the FIA or by a series' specific ruling body, through a Balance of Performance that adjusts limits on horsepower, weight, engine management, and aerodynamics to prevent a single manufacturer from becoming dominant in the class. The cars in GT3 are designed to have a weight between 1200kg and 1300kg with horsepower between 500hp and 600hp. All cars have a very similar power to weight ratio but achieved either by high power and high weight such as the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG[2] or low power and low weight such as the Porsche 911 GT3.[3] GT3 cars also have traction control, ABS and built in air jacks for quick pit stops.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Group_GT3

GT4 European Series
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The GT4 European Series, formerly known as both GT4 European Cup is a sports car championship created by the Stéphane Ratel Organisation (SRO) and organised by GT-Future GmbH. It is an amateur championship which followed a formula similar to the FIA GT3 European Championship, which was itself derived from the FIA GT Championship which utilized the GT1 and GT2 classes. The GT4 class cars are the least powerful of the four classes, yet are equalised in order to allow driving skill to become key.

Vehicles
GT4 class cars are mostly what can be referred to as track day cars, which are factory-built race cars available to the public. However, custom-built cars based on production models can also be built by teams. All cars are test driven by the FIA and then modified so that they all have near identical performance levels. Once a car has been approved by the FIA, it cannot be modified by the teams, eliminating continual development costs for constructors. All cars run on regulated Pirelli tires and Continental tires to further equalize performance.
The following cars are currently homologated for GT4:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GT4_European_Series

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2016, 04:15:25 PM »
Some GT3 cars compared to their original road cars.

Even the Maserati has fairly modified aero bits.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2016, 04:16:23 PM »
Marty: thank you. But I have always found those paragraphs very vague: "based on"? "almost no limitation"? So I tried to read this: http://www.fia.com/fia-wec-technical-regulations-grand-touring-cars-lmgte-2016 . What I wrote is what I thought I understood from that. But since I am quite ignorant of these things, I m not sure I understood.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2016, 04:16:54 PM »
In a nutshell:
GT4 is what GT3 used to be, before manufacturers got involved. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2016, 04:18:43 PM »
By the looks of it gt4 will become gt3, gt3 will become more like the old gt1 and they will make a new GT5 or is that GT autosport as I think thats the next gran tourismo game.  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal