Xtreme Gaming Network

S14R2: Monza Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S14R2: Monza Post-Race Chat  (Read 18433 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S14R2: Monza Post-Race Chat
« on: October 18, 2016, 10:22:34 PM »
RACE RESULTS AND CHARTS
SEASON STANDINGS

SEASON STATS
ALL TIME STATS

Lap 1 Penalties
None. Opening lap T1 was a little messy with some contacts and spins, but everyone was being careful as they could, no careless mistakes.

Round Points
Guybrush Threepwood   79
Marty   70
Matthew111   62
M8R   54
Grat   48
Mael   42
Phil.8   36
Joe   30
RussG   26
Jeremy   22
hylas   18
nith   14
Wally   11
Keith   9
Bacchulum   7
Simone   5
AJ   4
Freezer   3
Seanus   2
Rob   1
Bafs17   0
Dave O   0
Doobs   0
Flattop   0
Gratulin   0
Hornbag   0
Rob LTD   0
slideways   0
stevenngo   0
Vipergod   0

Congratulations to Guybrushon pole position and the race win.

Season Podium
1. Grat + Guybrush, 79 points
2. Matthew111 + Marty, 70
3. Jeremy + M8R, 54

Team Standings
Struggle Street Racing Crew (Matthew and Jeremy) pull out a lead over Achilles Heels (Guybrush and Marty), 208 pts to 149. Struggle Street Racing Crew are off to the US to race in the NASCAR Series for three weeks, so they will slide down the team standings.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 10:45:00 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline AJ

• View Profile
Re: S14R2: Monza Post-Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 10:29:25 PM »
Pretty fun race that one! Only had one little incident and had a good battle with Freezer and hylas for a few laps there in the middle. Good fun, thanks Wally  :)

Offline keithsgillan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 10:33:59 PM »
That was a really great race imo, I had a ball.

My apologies to the people I bumped, I hope I didn't ruin anyone's race. Constructive feedback welcome :)

Thanks to everyone who participated, and the guys running the show.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 10:39:39 PM »
Hard race but fun  :D

Apologies to Stevengo, I bumped him off track during a clumsy overtake. Will leave the penalties to Master Wally.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2016, 10:51:06 PM »
A bit of fun having a longer race, I knew I couldnt match Guybrush he has found something in this car and being nearly 1 second a lap down to himeamt it was always going to be a battle for 2nd for me.

I was thinking of going no tyres if Guybrush stopped early for his but as he went fuel only first stop I stuck to my 1 set of tyres plan.

I had a good battle with M8R after my second stop as I was heavy with 14 laps of fuel, he had some pace so I assumed much lighter. It took a few laps to pull a big enough gap were he wasnt a threat and  then I saw Guy was well clear no matter what he would do on the second stop.

Matthew was 12 seconds ahead and I wasnt sure if he did 2 short fuel stops or needed one more still. He then stopped with a few to go and I had a lonely run to the end.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2016, 10:54:19 PM »
Results are up.

I decided to only change tyres once, midway, and also refuelled at that stop, with just a splash 'n dash a few laps later. In the first stint, I was consistently about half a second or so behind RussG all the way, with both of us doing pretty much identical lap times.

On lap 19, trying to hold off Simone who was attacking, something broke in my engine or gearbox, it felt like, while I was downshifting into turn 1, I reckon. After that, I seemed to spend a lot more time in 5th gear before shifting to 6th, and I lost a little bit of lap time. Then I ended up behind Bacchulum after I pitted for the second time, and we had a great battle, ducking and weaving, getting side by side, drafting and criss crossing at one stage until he shot his front tyres and I finally managed to pass at T1. That was great racing.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2016, 11:13:22 PM »
Fun night. I decided to go for 2 stops for fuel and tyres, so worked out the fuel for around 11.5 laps just in case I got damage.

Qualified 8th and a few laps in got a run on Jeremy and went down the inside into T1, locked up a little and took up a little more track than I intended, but that was the only pass I made the whole race. A few laps later he made a similar pass but maybe more a divebomb as he gave the place back? I did see him appear real quick on helicorsa so gave room.

Getting towards lap 20 Jeremy was right on my tail for a few laps then he pitted. I still have enough fuel for 4 laps and a decent gap infront so I stayed out for 3 laps to try and avoid the undercut. I wast tempted to just go for fuel second stop, but I hadn't tried a long run with the tyres and had visions of struggling my way to the end losing places, so I thought better of it.

After my second stop I came out into traffic and had 7 laps close racing for the first time of the night. I can't remember the order of how things happened but at one point Jeremy got on my tail but spun, I gave the inside of that damn first lesbo a love tap which I'd done a few times in practice which let Mael past me, then Phil got past after I messed up an exit. I think it was Russ who was infront of Phil who on lap 19 out-braked himself into T1 allowing Phil and I to get another place each.

Started in 8th, finished in 8th so not too shabby.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2016, 11:19:52 PM »
Fun night. I decided to go for 2 stops for fuel and tyres, so worked out the fuel for around 11.5 laps just in case I got damage.

Qualified 8th and a few laps in got a run on Jeremy and went down the inside into T1, locked up a little and took up a little more track than I intended, but that was the only pass I made the whole race. A few laps later he made a similar pass but maybe more a divebomb as he gave the place back? I did see him appear real quick on helicorsa so gave room.

Getting towards lap 20 Jeremy was right on my tail for a few laps then he pitted. I still have enough fuel for 4 laps and a decent gap infront so I stayed out for 3 laps to try and avoid the undercut. I wast tempted to just go for fuel second stop, but I hadn't tried a long run with the tyres and had visions of struggling my way to the end losing places, so I thought better of it.

After my second stop I came out into traffic and had 7 laps close racing for the first time of the night. I can't remember the order of how things happened but at one point Jeremy got on my tail but spun, I gave the inside of that damn first lesbo a love tap which I'd done a few times in practice which let Mael past me, then Phil got past after I messed up an exit. I think it was Russ who was infront of Phil who on lap 19 out-braked himself into T1 allowing Phil and I to get another place each.

It's always good to give a lesbo a love tap.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2016, 11:23:16 PM »
Well what to say.  Last week was pretty average and so was this one.  No matter what I change I cant seem to get speed out of these cars.
From a strategy point of view I decided to run only one set of tyres as I knew they did at least 20 laps from practice and two short fuel top ups.
Despite the tyre wear getting down pretty low I was still circulating in consistent lap times right to the end.
Unfortunately about a lap or so in I spun of a ripple strip and put myself right to the back.  With my lack of speed the strategy was my only hope and I assume finishing 18th meant it did, because I didn't pass to many people.
Luckily Mael was putting on a show for the team with a top 10 finish...!
Anyone with a fast setup?  I willing to pay for it $$$   :)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2016, 11:31:16 PM »

It's always good to give a lesbo a love tap.

ya see what i did there  ;)

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2016, 11:43:04 PM »
Not a brilliant night for me. it looked like I had the pace and a podium was feasible, but I threw it all away with the strategy. (Not going to comment about my race engineer...)

Very bad quali for me. Had only one proper lap in the first stint with low grip, but 6th was not the end of the world, so I set up for a patient race.

I managed to pass two cars in the first 2 laps and set to chase Matthew. I reached him by lap 8 when we started a beautiful battle (though I got distracted and missed my braking mark when I had the best chance at passing him for good).  He pitted on lap 13 maybe a tenth ahead of me and I thought "well, all I need to do is to nail a good lap and I'll get out ahead of him." Had a very good lap (in-car delta was showing I could cut a tenth off the previous best), went for pit and... when I come out I am like 10 seconds behind him!!! It took me a while to realize I was the only one around there changing tyres. I started to get nervous and spun after 2 or 3 laps. At that point I was quite badly damaged, losing almost 2.5 tenths per straight (1 second per lap!) and all I could do was to at least recover the positions between me and the leading guys. So I did, but a possible podium ended up in a 5th place.

Note: I would have been veeeery happy with 5th 2 days ago. But after the first 10 laps I was pretty sure I would have fought for the podium, so it was a bit disappointing to miss that chance.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2016, 07:35:11 AM »
Hey Grat, you only need to change tyres once, if that. Better late than never? :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2016, 07:49:42 AM »
Anyone with a fast setup?  I willing to pay for it $$$   :)
Here's mine, for what it's worth. I'm not necessarily calling it fast!

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2016, 08:22:24 AM »
Better late than never
That's how the Italian press titled the coverage of my race :(

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2016, 08:57:48 AM »
The good thing was strategy wise there were a few options, many went the same way in the end with tyres + fuel and a short top up but you couod have taken any option.

I probably would rather have gone no tyres but being less then 30 seconds behind Guybrush was pretty much all I could expect. Without some traffic and diff strategy I may have finished under 20 seconds down on him but it would not have made a difference.  ;)

I changed from planning no tyres on first stop once I saw guy did that as it wouldnt have given me the jump on him anyway. I knew Matthew and Grat were close to my pace so I just tried to cover them off more then attack Guy which I was no threat to anyway.

The way it was you werent sure if people are taking the agressive no tyre option as this would have given them track position. If in a close battle with someone ahead going no tyres would help jump them but then you would be slower on track so it woud have made it interesting.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal