Xtreme Gaming Network

S14R2: Monza Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S14R2: Monza Post-Race Chat  (Read 18612 times)

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
Re: S14R2: Monza Post-Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2016, 12:09:41 PM »
What would really make the strategies interesting is controlling tyre options - hard/medium/soft (although I know this car only has the hard).

My night was interesting.  I got a migraine not long before it was all due to start so could barely see the right side of my screen for the first half of the race (I'm sure staring at a monitor for 1.5 hours helped).

I thought I'd try something different with strategy as the difference between a short stop for 5 litres fuel and no tyres, vs 50 litres and tyres saved about 20 seconds, and given I probably wasn't going to lose more than a second a lap then it could benefit me without being too much of a risk.

So I started the race with 100 litres of fuel and was surprised that I was able to pull away a bit (I figure others must have had similar fuel levels).  I stopped on lap 10 when I could see a bit of a gap for 5 litres of fuel and kept going.  By the time I got to lap 15/16 my tires had dropped off a bit and was probably down a second on pace, then stopped on lap 20 for some new boots and 50 litres of fuel and kept going.

Passed Matthew who was on old tyres and then kept going with the people who were getting blue flags getting out of the way nicely - well done guys.

All night I was having trouble entering the second Lesbo as its quite dark due to shading and my right hand side vision was blury, so I was a bit disappointed I couldn't get that one right as it feels good when you do.

Good fun chaps.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2016, 12:50:38 PM »
So your saying it feels good when you nail the second Lesbo. ;D

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2016, 01:06:17 PM »
It feels better when you nail both. ;D

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2016, 01:37:19 PM »
The only thing I didn't really like was the "add 1 litre" pit stops (which were quite legal). For the next endurance round at Silverstone, I want to try only allowing refueling in one stop only. On your refueling stop, you can change tyres, or not. That means on the other stop, you'd have to change tyres. That should still leave enough strategic options, and make each stop a "real" one. Maybe with tyre wear at 3x - I'd have to do some trials at Silverstone first.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2016, 01:53:30 PM »
The only thing I didn't really like was the "add 1 litre" pit stops (which were quite legal). For the next endurance round at Silverstone, I want to try only allowing refueling in one stop only. On your refueling stop, you can change tyres, or not. That means on the other stop, you'd have to change tyres. That should still leave enough strategic options, and make each stop a "real" one. Maybe with tyre wear at 3x - I'd have to do some trials at Silverstone first.

K`NOTH!!   

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2016, 01:56:22 PM »
If tyre wear is too high though it just forces everyone to do 2 stops at pretty much the same time splitting the race into 3 equal segments with no real alternate options. I think tyres are ok as they are but you could maybe raise fuel to 2x also and so make people need to carry a bit more fuel and so heavier if going long and wanting to add minimum fuel.

These cars are quite a bit slower with more fuel, having an option to run on one set of tyres add an interesting option. But if you need more fuel to finish the race but not so much you cant go long enough ti have options if you choose to run heavy. Or you would just want to add more fuel in the stops.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2016, 02:34:36 PM »
The fuel multiplier can't be too high, or it squeezes people towards refueling midway. At 1.7x, you could get 23 laps out of 30. If anything, the multiplier could be fractionally lower, say 1.6x, so you could get even further on one tank. That way, you can refuel anywhere between laps 5 and 25, for example.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2016, 05:05:27 PM »
I think leave it.  Tyre wear at the next track will be different.  I only did no tyre change knowing that this track is mostly straights and I had tested 20 laps which was okay.
Note to GB:  Its great to know that your 30 seconds ahead of everyone else . . . WITH A MIGRANE!!  :)

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2016, 05:06:06 PM »
Anyone with a fast setup?  I willing to pay for it $$$   :)
Here's mine, for what it's worth. I'm not necessarily calling it fast!
Thanks Wally will give it a go...

Offline Dave O

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2016, 07:59:49 PM »
Thanks from me for the setup as well Wally, will also try. I think my times might need more than a
setup to fix though  :-[  Don't think there were many people that didn't lap me last night  ::)  Dave O.
NEVER TOO OLD TO RACE ... being competitive can be a PROBLEM though.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2016, 11:08:29 PM »
Thanks from me for the setup as well Wally, will also try. I think my times might need more than a
setup to fix though  :-[  Don't think there were many people that didn't lap me last night  ::)  Dave O.
The ballast wouldn't have helped!

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2016, 11:57:28 PM »
Setup wise I have put my setups in the practice server, so if anyone jumps on with ptracker they should be able to get my current setup. I havent ran any laps at Brands yet so no setup there as yet but I will put one up as soon as I get a reasonable setup there.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2016, 08:00:13 AM »
Here is a little video showing just the first few laps of the race.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2016, 08:36:16 AM »
Thank you, Marty.

Small request to the leader (usually GB): could you please say "GO! GO! GO!" loud and clear? I was pretty confused at the start as I was not sure about what was said, and as you can see from the video, I had almost lost my position by the start/finish line.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2016, 10:04:52 AM »
I'm pretty sure I was passed before the start line as well. :-X

2+2=√16

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal