Xtreme Gaming Network

Assetto Corsa

Author Topic: Assetto Corsa  (Read 224119 times)

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
Re: Assetto Corsa
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2013, 08:42:09 AM »
Yeah I agree, it's very nice and forgiving in most cars, until you start really trying to get to the limit.  Having said that, there are ppl (as usual) who just hop in and churning out insane quick laps straight away. 

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2013, 08:58:38 AM »

And by the by, I think the time attack separates the men from the boys, it requires speed & consistency!

Istvan, I thought you were joking, everybody knows that Time Attack is for Arcade Noobs!!!

WRONG!!!

It certainly does require speed and consistency, and as you get closer to being knocked out you then get pressure just to add to the stress. Great fun, thanks for getting me to try it.

rob

Offline gawaterman

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2013, 09:23:27 AM »
To move the seat other than +/-, do this to get more apps at the side:

"You must enable dev apps. To do that, open your system/cfg/assetto_corsa.ini and set ENABLE_DEV_APPS=1 then you'll find some new apps in the Apps Bar."

Actually, there's a wealth of real time setup telemetry in those dev apps. You could go nuts looking at all these numbers when developing a car setup.

If I have done a standard install, where do I find that ini file, done a good search and cant find it?

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2013, 10:20:01 AM »
To move the seat other than +/-, do this to get more apps at the side:

"You must enable dev apps. To do that, open your system/cfg/assetto_corsa.ini and set ENABLE_DEV_APPS=1 then you'll find some new apps in the Apps Bar."

Actually, there's a wealth of real time setup telemetry in those dev apps. You could go nuts looking at all these numbers when developing a car setup.

If I have done a standard install, where do I find that ini file, done a good search and cant find it?

I'd say it's probably in your documents folder, usually c:\users\[username]\Documents\Assetto Corsa\

Get used to this, more and more software are (wrongly, IMHO) putting their data in the documents folder, instead of application data.

Edit: sorry, actually the ini file quoted is not to be found there.   
I've looked in the steam/steamapps/common/assettocorsa/cfg as well, and it's not there either.
Could it have been removed in one of the patches...?

Edit2:
Ah, found it
"c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\assetto_corsa.ini" 

now, of course, depending on your steam installation & settings, this maybe somewhere else...but it's under steam.

Fark me, ini files in 3 different locations for this one program, that's a bit of a mess :D
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 10:27:17 AM by Bird »

Offline gawaterman

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2013, 11:27:17 AM »
Thanks Bird, found it at your edit 2 location

Offline Mopz

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2013, 01:15:40 PM »
I don't think there's ranking - it'd require the times to be reported in some way, and that requires an online part.
But we can always start a thread, if somebody wants to pick it up, and keep a list - it'd be honesty-based, but still workable.  Just needs time from someone to compile individual posts into a list.

Or we could go by screenshots.

And by the by, I think the time attack separates the men from the boys, it requires speed & consistency!
We could share it like this:
and by the way, you guys MUST try this combo, the Formula Abarth at Vallelunga - recommended by Speed on the arse forums, great fun combo!

I'll get on board, makes things more interesting.

[attachment deleted by Wally - running out of space]

Offline Mopz

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2013, 01:20:05 PM »
One of the guys I race with made this which I enjoyed.
Track : Silverstone Evening
Car : Abarth Open Wheeler - Default Setup
Lap 1 of Video is Trying for Hotlap
Lap 2 Testing how the car reacts to curbs (loving it, check out how the car skips after attacking a high curb).
[youtube]yJznXHxKw-0[/youtube]
I also love how the astroturf is for once slippery in places, really keeps you honest! Kunos team is genius, so glad I have waited and held off sinking a tonne of coin into iRacing..

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2013, 08:05:42 AM »
One of the guys I race with made this which I enjoyed.
Track : Silverstone Evening
Car : Abarth Open Wheeler - Default Setup
Lap 1 of Video is Trying for Hotlap
Lap 2 Testing how the car reacts to curbs (loving it, check out how the car skips after attacking a high curb).
[youtube]yJznXHxKw-0[/youtube]
I also love how the astroturf is for once slippery in places, really keeps you honest! Kunos team is genius, so glad I have waited and held off sinking a tonne of coin into iRacing..

Your mate needs to turn his gain down, his FFB is clipping good badly on the pedals app.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2013, 10:08:30 AM »
Man I'm having trouble getting the gear changes (consistently) right with the H shifter.

A mate of mine uses a sequential shifter and he can flat change up and down shift without blipping the throttle. I only race in Pro mode but I turned off the shifter to give it a try and I am nearly half a second faster. A definite advantage over us H shifter users.  :(

I'm sure that given time I can get it right. I guess that I will have to learn to heel and toe. But a bit disappointing that a "simulation" allows an advantage like this.

rob
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 10:11:18 AM by rob »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2013, 12:43:53 PM »
I'm finding the h shifter difficult too. It's a challenge. With the right rpm, I can flat shift though.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2013, 12:55:57 PM »
nkp (and AC the same) is a bit slack on the shifting simulation I think.  There was a version early on iirc (of nkp) which penalised wrong shifts but I maybe wrong.  It was a nightmare to change gears without clucthing...was it really nkp?  Might have been iracing, LOL

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2013, 01:30:38 PM »
There's a mechanical damage setting which is off by default. I wonder what that does (if anything yet).

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2013, 11:25:58 PM »
Its a good tip took me awhile to figure that one out... lotus @ Monza is great fun down to a 1:30.2 ... so far so good for AC to meet my expectations at least! Fingers crossed for the netcode.

Farkenell.  Can't get you there.  1:30.48.  Great fun though :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2013, 11:53:24 PM »
I don't think there's ranking - it'd require the times to be reported in some way, and that requires an online part.
But we can always start a thread, if somebody wants to pick it up, and keep a list - it'd be honesty-based, but still workable.  Just needs time from someone to compile individual posts into a list.

Or we could go by screenshots.

We could share it like this:
and by the way, you guys MUST try this combo, the Formula Abarth at Vallelunga - recommended by Speed on the arse forums, great fun combo!

I'll get on board, makes things more interesting.

1:35.640 for me.

How good is this car. I feel totally connected to the track. There's the perfect amount of grip and feedback. Late braking is awesome, you can feel every little bit of grip the tires are giving you at the limit.

[attachment deleted by Wally - running out of space]

Offline Mopz

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2013, 07:01:05 AM »
Man I'm having trouble getting the gear changes (consistently) right with the H shifter.

A mate of mine uses a sequential shifter and he can flat change up and down shift without blipping the throttle. I only race in Pro mode but I turned off the shifter to give it a try and I am nearly half a second faster. A definite advantage over us H shifter users.  :(

I'm sure that given time I can get it right. I guess that I will have to learn to heel and toe. But a bit disappointing that a "simulation" allows an advantage like this.

rob
Yeah I can ussually go a little bit quicker when using the flappy paddles, but it just doesn't feel like i'm driving the car. When you finally get it all right and together it really is something you can enjoy with the h shifter. I still haven't mastered the heel toe, I think I need to move my pedals a bit closer. My feet move all over the place :S

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal