Do you want to compete in ACC

I'd like to compete in a full season
6 (31.6%)
I'd like the occasional race, between AC seasons
8 (42.1%)
I don't want to race in ACC at all
5 (26.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: Poll: Interest in ACC  (Read 9588 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Poll: Interest in ACC
« on: June 03, 2019, 10:06:28 PM »
I'm trying to gauge interest in ACC here at XGN, just for some real broad future planning with no commitment one way or the other (I put the poll in this forum because I thought more people would see it here).

Some options:

By "full seasons", I envisage alternating AC and ACC seasons.

For "between AC seasons", I would like to run proper endurance races, say 2 hours, to make proper use of tyre management and strategy, and dealing with changeable conditions (and maybe driver swaps).
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
Re: Poll: Interest in ACC
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2019, 04:03:45 AM »
I don't have ACC but to me it just doesn't offer enough variety to be anything more than a one season thing.  We have essentially the same cars and tracks in AC already (don't we?) .  It just seems ACC offers some better graphics and rain (would every race be wet?) albeit reportedly poor FFB atm.

The only thing that does interest me is the prospect of driver swaps and enduros.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2019, 07:33:58 AM »
I don't have ACC but to me it just doesn't offer enough variety to be anything more than a one season thing.  We have essentially the same cars and tracks in AC already (don't we?) .  It just seems ACC offers some better graphics and rain (would every race be wet?) albeit reportedly poor FFB atm.

The only thing that does interest me is the prospect of driver swaps and enduros.
My opinion of ACC is already well known. I have lots of hours in it already. Apart from the triple screen support, I find it better than AC in every department. To me, the AC GT3 cars feel really odd after ACC, as if the tyres have a very steep cliff where grip falls off suddenly and then rebites hard. The grip in ACC feels very much more progressive to me, and I don't have a problem with the FFB at all. The ACC sound is vastly improved - some of the in-car sounds sound quite violent, unlike AC. There are proper penalties for cutting and speeding in pits. Throw in changeable lighting and weather conditions and I think the racing promises to be more interesting.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2019, 08:44:28 AM »
For me I'm going to say occasional race and I'd try it in VR. I know you say you're used to the triples stretching Wally but for me it seems really bad so maybe we have some different settings. I'll try and get a photo of what I mean at some point.

Offline ab156

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2019, 02:07:11 PM »
I voted for a season - assuming they get it stable (haven't tried 1.01 yet)

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2019, 02:09:37 PM »
I have been watching Nicki Thiim play this, he is one of the Aston Martin Racing works driver, he says its not even close to real life, he called it unrealistic, the way the cars behave, cars should not spin out when you touch a kerb, kerbs has always been a kunos issue it seems, also a problem for me is there is only 10 cars which are not interesting and 11 tracks,  but the sound is cool, which isn't enough of a reason to buy it or even play it especially as it is as buggy AF by the looks of it.
If anyone really wants to try it, wait 3 months it will be 50% off or more for sure.
But as I own it unfortunately I would maybe have the odd race to try and justify the money I wasted, then again I might not and instead do something fun
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2019, 10:53:24 PM »
I won't use ACC without triple screen support...as soon as they've got it I'm keen to get into it. If you run a Tuesday's series I'll give it a miss, but possible show up for some fun runs on Thursday instead, unless that's on ACC as well.

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2019, 08:48:46 AM »
That comment by Nicki Thiim is a bit disappointing.
I don't think Kunos is on the right track with this one...wished they got the basics right and then work on eye candy, not vice versa...that's just assuming they actually do work on the basics.
I purchased it quite some time ago, but I'm too busy...or maybe lazy to set it up. So far money wasted...

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2019, 10:42:26 AM »
I don't think Kunos is on the right track with this one...wished they got the basics right and then work on eye candy, not vice versa...that's just assuming they actually do work on the basics.
I purchased it quite some time ago, but I'm too busy...or maybe lazy to set it up. So far money wasted...
Just try it yourself... I ride kerbs perfectly fine. It's no different to AC in that regardless. I've had quite a few good pick up races online.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2019, 11:01:30 AM »
Those comments are pretty much wrong on all counts.

Also, I did no setup whatsoever. I just installed and drove it.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2019, 02:35:53 PM »
My problem is that it's a niche segment game, and quite closed/restricted, but without a subscription model.
Result: it'll die sooner rather than later; people can't be arsed to race the same handful of tracks/cars all the time, and they won't be able to generate much new content because of the payment model.

Therefore I do not want to invest in it.  I reckon kunos got sidetracked here - or maybe he just wanted to test some new engines on the way to the new nkp/ac game.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2019, 03:10:03 PM »
My problem is that it's a niche segment game, and quite closed/restricted, but without a subscription model.
Result: it'll die sooner rather than later; people can't be arsed to race the same handful of tracks/cars all the time, and they won't be able to generate much new content because of the payment model.

Therefore I do not want to invest in it.  I reckon kunos got sidetracked here - or maybe he just wanted to test some new engines on the way to the new nkp/ac game.
I think you're right there. But they did do a poll a while back, about what racing series and what features do you want? Guess what won... GT3, and night and rain please.

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2019, 03:38:58 PM »
The only time I ever had a bad spin off the kurb was in a really early version, it seems ok now. I'd race this league

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2019, 05:35:27 PM »
Just try it yourself... I ride kerbs perfectly fine. It's no different to AC in that regardless. I've had quite a few good pick up races online.
Ok. Yeah, GT3's are my favourite race cars and I'm sure it looks awesome on a single screen, but I put a lot of effort in my rig and them coming out with this, not even supporting triple's is just wrong in my eyes. I wasn't aware of it when I bought it.
However, don't wanna spoil it...hope you've got a lot of fun with it  :)
Maybe you could run two series sort of parallel...I mean on a 2-week interval...one week AC, next ACC and so on. Just an idea...if others like it as well. That would give me a bit more time to learn a new track (haven't done enough laps on the Deutschlandring by far) and prepare for a race and there's even some realism to it, as real racing series aren't on a weekly interval either...again, just an idea  :)

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2019, 05:49:24 PM »
Is anyone up for an extra night of racing every second weekend, I can use my spare pc as a server and run anything on it ac or acc, particularly stuff that doesn't get raced

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal