Xtreme Gaming Network

ACC league discussion

Author Topic: ACC league discussion  (Read 26731 times)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: ACC league discussion
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2018, 11:54:27 AM »
You're right, Bird.
Every time I'm offered a "life" I decline because I'm busy sim-racing. ;D

2+2=√16

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2018, 04:41:14 PM »

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2019, 12:23:44 PM »
I'll post here so not to go to far off topic on the AC forum

Previously in response to a couple of races with RaceOnOz:
I'm generally 5 seconds off the pace and cannot seem to go quicker. The biggest problem is a numb car, I just cannot feel what the car is going to do which makes it impossible to drive fast. Added to that is the steering seem to be very slow, its like driving a truck!

Thus I can only assume that maybe my PC is a bit too slow for ACC. For example I'm finding the graphics much worse than AC, the detail especially in further distances are not crisp enough.

Since then I tried multiple adjustments to the graphics setups and ended up with a game that looked like the classic Geoff Crammond Grand Prix Game but not running quite as smoothly as the old game  >:(

Realizing that me adjusting graphics setting were likely the cause of the crappy performance I gave up and selected the pre-set medium graphic setting and the difference was amazing, actually playable. In addition I changed the steering wheel setup from the default 900 Degrees range to 360 degrees which made the game actually playable. (Though ACC would be like AC automatically adjusting steering range?)

With the changes I could match Wally's laptimes. The handling still isn't as crisp as AC's version but then I assume the GT3 cars are large and heavy cars. Did about an hour's racing before it became too late, enjoying the changing tire grip as the track temperature changes and wear came into effect and watched Wally get mugged by some non-XGN drivers  ;D  You must have been missing the opportunity to hand out some penalties Wally!

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2019, 01:25:04 PM »
Can't remember if there's an in game setting, but nvidia control panel has a setting for maximum pre rendered frames, 1 is ideal for low latency gaming. Try it first in case it causes issues. If you enable the in game drivers hands/wheel see if it moves 1:1 with minimal delay. I think you're right though, the game does feel a little doey, during testing last night on the back straight of Paul Ricard I tried swerving @ over 250km the car moves strangely and only when I added throttle movement I spun.

Offline Jarmel

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2019, 01:45:06 PM »
Mael said stuff

Good to hear its working better for you . With any input lag if it is that what i do is limit my frame rates to match my refresh rates , I noticed the difference when doing that in Iracing. Yeah and also what Bueller mentioned , Pretty sure its an option in AC no sure about in ACC though .
Would like to try out some ACC online, I have registered over there, but between Tuesdays and Thursdays here and also Iracing on weekends its a busy week. Just done the Skips at Sebring very fun track to drive in these cars.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2019, 01:53:12 PM »
I'll post here so not to go to far off topic on the AC forum

Previously in response to a couple of races with RaceOnOz:
I'm generally 5 seconds off the pace and cannot seem to go quicker. The biggest problem is a numb car, I just cannot feel what the car is going to do which makes it impossible to drive fast. Added to that is the steering seem to be very slow, its like driving a truck!

Thus I can only assume that maybe my PC is a bit too slow for ACC. For example I'm finding the graphics much worse than AC, the detail especially in further distances are not crisp enough.

Since then I tried multiple adjustments to the graphics setups and ended up with a game that looked like the classic Geoff Crammond Grand Prix Game but not running quite as smoothly as the old game  >:(

Realizing that me adjusting graphics setting were likely the cause of the crappy performance I gave up and selected the pre-set medium graphic setting and the difference was amazing, actually playable. In addition I changed the steering wheel setup from the default 900 Degrees range to 360 degrees which made the game actually playable. (Though ACC would be like AC automatically adjusting steering range?)

With the changes I could match Wally's laptimes. The handling still isn't as crisp as AC's version but then I assume the GT3 cars are large and heavy cars. Did about an hour's racing before it became too late, enjoying the changing tire grip as the track temperature changes and wear came into effect and watched Wally get mugged by some non-XGN drivers  ;D  You must have been missing the opportunity to hand out some penalties Wally!
For my T500RS, I just set the same 1100 degrees of rotation as in AC and it feels the same. Do you know there's also a steering lock adjustment in each cars' setup?

The Beemer was quite understeery on the very slow corners so I had to take them slowly. That's where I caught people by surprise. It is nice to see the game automatically dish out drive throughs for excessive cutting though (even if I was caught myself).
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal