Xtreme Gaming Network

Fun run Feb 28 - Porsche and MX5 at Mills Metropark

Author Topic: Fun run Feb 28 - Porsche and MX5 at Mills Metropark  (Read 13880 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Fun run Feb 28 - Porsche and MX5 at Mills Metropark
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2017, 07:42:00 AM »
I never do slower cars exclusively on short tracks. That's an alt-fact ;)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2017, 07:57:52 AM »
It's interesting to hear people's opinions about the two cars. I'm quite undecided between the two. I had good races in both.

As grat said, the Porsche is not a GT3 car, but a Carrera Cup car. It's slower than the GT3 cars.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2017, 08:56:29 AM »
It's interesting to hear people's opinions about the two cars. I'm quite undecided between the two. I had good races in both.

As grat said, the Porsche is not a GT3 car, but a Carrera Cup car. It's slower than the GT3 cars.

The porsche cup series is probably the most used single make race series world wide, its so popular because its a good challenge of drivers skill in equal cars where all get the same chance but the better drivers will get a bit of an edge.

The mx5 cup car is more a starter class series like the new gt86 challenge class in Australia its underpowered and over tyred so its much easier to drive. It can provide some fun racing in big close packs but its not really what Id call a drivers car. Its also only used mostly in the US where porshe cup has a full series in most countries world wide supporting many of the premier series.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2017, 10:12:34 AM »
All i know is I hate driving Porsche , real or simulated, in any game, they feel horrible disgusting, yuck pos
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2017, 10:28:06 AM »
All i know is I hate driving Porsche , real or simulated, in any game, they feel horrible disgusting, yuck pos

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2017, 11:11:48 AM »
+1

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2017, 11:15:24 AM »

I don't know what's not to like about the Porsches, this one in particular. You just need to alter your driving style, to be more controlled with your throttle inputs.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2017, 11:20:29 AM »
You also need to turn in way before you really think you should, and brake a lot sooner than you think you really should. As Phil said reminds me a lot of the Maserati GT4 in that regard which I didn't like much at the start (I only voted for is as Marty kept complaining how boring it was), but once I had a decent setup and some practice it was a lot better.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2017, 11:23:17 AM »
I dont rember what the other options were against the maserati but its a much less boring car to drive then the mx5 cup. I assume Joe will vote that as he likes the most boring option and he seemed to struggle in the porsche more as he was rear ending Wally each race start.  :)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2017, 11:28:42 AM »
It was GT3 cars; I think it's more you really wanted those.

In race 1 pretty sure it wasn't me who hit Wally, there was a gap up the inside of T1 so I took that and I kept a tight line and was hit from the side.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2017, 02:40:22 PM »
In race 1 pretty sure it wasn't me who hit Wally, there was a gap up the inside of T1 so I took that and I kept a tight line and was hit from the side.

Not my fault Wally was driving so slowly  ;D

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2017, 02:52:44 PM »

So it was you first start? And yeah, he was  ;D

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2017, 03:46:36 PM »

I don't know what's not to like about the Porsches, this one in particular. You just need to alter your driving style, to be more controlled with your throttle inputs.
They can't be one of the more successful racing series across the world because they area crap!  Was overly slipper last night, but I reckon on better tracks that will improve
along with some practice and setups.   Bring it on.....

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2017, 06:33:29 PM »

I may have been trying to not rear end the car in front of me ;)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2017, 11:37:09 PM »

They can't be one of the more successful racing series across the world because they area crap!  Was overly slipper last night, but I reckon on better tracks that will improve
along with some practice and setups.   Bring it on.....
Their popularity wanes, only 13 in this years series. :(

2+2=√16

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal