Xtreme Gaming Network

Supercar fun run post-race chat

Author Topic: Supercar fun run post-race chat  (Read 9317 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Supercar fun run post-race chat
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2017, 06:48:28 AM »
Thanks for the good races all. Apologies to mofo??? I lost it up the top of Eau Rouge and unfortunately stopped in front of you. Also 3rd race - not sure who the blue McLaren was - but 1st or 2nd lap I think - I got on the throttle a little early/or you were off throttle and i bumped in to the back of you - if due to my over-exuberance sorry about that.

Otherwise - had some good clean racing.

Just one question - we had 3-4 goes at the third race - does this happen in the series too - or just fun runs?
I learnt the hard way with the car choice - the Ferrari can be thrown around a fair bit, brakes modulated during turn in etc. and you can sort of manhandle it.....all of which is a terrible driving style to get in to if you are going to the Porsche..... which needs to be lovingly caressed in to corners and is not very forgiving if you overshoot corner entry....

Finally I think the supercars are fun........ but will take a race car over a supercar any day of the week.

cheers all
The restarts are just for fun runs. In a season race, I don't do restarts, to add to the drama, and for people to take starts more carefully and seriously. If you smash your or someone else's car at the start, then you need to repair if you can make it back to the pits - just like real life.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2017, 07:01:33 AM »
Various replies...

I agree these are not race cars, by any stretch of the imagination. I see it as a challenge to get the most out of these cars, something different.

These races ended up being about 12 or 13 minutes long. Season races would be 20 mins long. You wouldn't need a pit stop, but the tyres should be pretty greasy by the end if you don't look after them.

I agree about checking your push to talk in TeamSpeak. I ended up muting Rob and Keith (I think it was him) due to hearing repeated clunks, rattles and bits of wind noise (from the game, not the posterior), which was quite distracting.

As to my races, the McLaren drove well, turning in nicely and having good speed out if cornersl, but I wasn't really near anyone.

Race 2 in the Porsche GT3 RS was excellent, having a really close battle behind Mael's Nissan.

Race 3 in the Nissan, I had a good fight with Freezer also in the Nissan. I had a lot of trouble pulling the car up under brakes. Freezer seemed to be able to brake a lot later than me. I had taken some camber off to see if that would help the traction. Maybe that was not a good thing to do.

Overall, I had some good racing a few times, but it feels like there would be more lonely racing (although Spa is a long lap).
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Cursed

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2017, 12:19:22 PM »
For a first run on XGN, I think last night went pretty well.  I certainly had some good fun and worked up a sweat into the bargain.

I took the 911R in race 1 and it was clear that it was hampered power wise.  I spent much of the race catching up to Wally in the bendy stuff, just to have him run away down Kemmel and leave me in the dust.

In race 2 I took the Datsun.  Its braking distance took some getting used to, but I did learn the value of using a smidge of throttle to help pull it through the corners.

The cornering method I learned in race 2 helped me out in race 3 when I jumped in the 911 GT3.  That car felt so alive after driving the Datsun Boat Anchor.  The Porker really responded to the trail braking and gentle throttle through the corner that I'd picked up in race 2.  Being punted heavily at the end of Kemmel on lap 1 or 2 put me down the order, but the car was comparably such a joy to drive that picking up a few places through the race made for some good fun.

Online Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2017, 01:00:19 PM »
As much as these cars can be fun to drive, I wouldn't say they're fun to race.  5 laps is a warmup not a sprint and certainly not a race.  I agree I'd take a race car over a supercar any day.
But racecars have no doors or roof, so there isn't one in the poll. :(

2+2=√16

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2017, 01:28:12 PM »
(mine's longer, see?)

Well, this was great fun.  I'll now put my 2c next to the mixed supercar race, I think it's a lot more colourful than everyone driving a pork all the way.   
Also this way everybody can chose the car they like best.

Nice to see you back Bird. I still remember my very first XGN race where I was very green and cut you up in a 458 with you in a F40 and you we're not pleased  ;D

must be a theme, I caused him to smash my first race with xgn and pissed him of and the 2nd and 3rd and numerous others all with the same result, an annoyed Bird,  had lots of incidents with bird

Still me, just a lot crankier these days, hehe.   Well, maybe not.  I take my racing less seriously now, I hope. 

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2017, 04:37:46 PM »
I think I had a bingle with Bird in one of my first few XGN races too, maybe you are just a magnet for newbies Bird?

Good to see you back :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal