Xtreme Gaming Network

Author Topic: Sign up - May 9 Nords Enduro  (Read 66625 times)

Rolz

Re: Sign up - May 9 Nords Enduro
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2017, 08:02:14 PM »
Yeah can't wait to put in some serious practice for this one  ;D

Offline UnFknBLievable

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2017, 06:05:11 PM »
16 min to just post one time. A further 8.30min for a second time assuming you haven't damaged the car. Maybe turn the damage off for the practice server?

Rolz

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2017, 06:15:30 PM »
Hmm but practice server is being used for qualifying, yes?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2017, 06:31:37 PM »
Hmm but practice server is being used for qualifying, yes?
Yep.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2017, 07:23:33 PM »
16 min to just post one time. A further 8.30min for a second time assuming you haven't damaged the car. Maybe turn the damage off for the practice server?

Damage is already at 50% as will be on the race which will be 2 hours, beyond just setting a qualy lap its well worth trying long runs to find which compounds you want to run and deal with them as they go away over the run.

Wally is also not going to have tyre blankets on race night so its not going to get any easier. Not much point practicing and setting qualy times on the server using different settings to how the race will be. On the normal Tuesday practice server a few complained about no tyre blankets which is why they are on here.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2017, 11:04:40 AM »
I've made the race length 1hr50 + 1 lap. Because a lap is 8+ mins, this will bring it close to 2 hrs in total duration.

What happens is when the time left reaches 0:00 (after 1hr50 of racing), it says "The leader has 2 laps to go" at the top of the screen, because the leader has to finish the lap that he's on when the time reaches 0:00, then do 1 more lap to end the race.
Then it says "The leader is on the final lap".
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2017, 11:14:09 AM »
If lap times are around 8:30 then maybe make race distance 1:52 + 1 lap but even at 2hrs without extra lap would get race time close to 2 hours. Max 2 hours 9 minutes.

2 hours plus 1 lap would make it more like 2hours 8 to 16 minutes but is running for 2 or 3 minutes longer that much of an issue to many with setting time at the basic 2 hours for a 2 hour race.  ;)

Also for server over time maybe set this to at least 10 minutes to let people finish their last laps. Nothing worse then someone hanging in for 2 hours to not be able to finish because overtime is only 2 minutes. Even normal tuesdays maybe extend this as timing is fixed beyond time as far as I have seen so letting all finish last laps isnt much of an issue I think.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2017, 11:28:28 AM »
If lap times are 8:30, the race can go for up to 17 mins longer than the duration (at most nearly 2 laps extra), so if anything, you'd want to make the race shorter rather than longer. 1:50 will lead to a race that's anywhere between 1:58.5 to 2:07 in length.

Yep, I've already bumped up the race over time to give people time to finish the race.

Rolz

« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2017, 11:51:04 AM »
Some of us mere mortals will be closer to 9min laps  :P

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2017, 12:06:16 PM »
8:30 I was considering after nearly an hour on tyres they will be a bit slower but hoping for a better race pace then that.  ;D

Avoiding a silly error over the race distance will be the key and last Nords enduro we did my PC crashed half way through so I hope for no crashes by the PC or me this time.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2017, 12:14:24 PM »
I've made the race length 1hr50 + 1 lap. Because a lap is 8+ mins, this will bring it close to 2 hrs in total duration.

What happens is when the time left reaches 0:00 (after 1hr50 of racing), it says "The leader has 2 laps to go" at the top of the screen, because the leader has to finish the lap that he's on when the time reaches 0:00, then do 1 more lap to end the race.
Then it says "The leader is on the final lap".

I like that, the warning will give me a nudge to catch up :)
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2017, 06:54:50 PM »
Guess I'll try and join this one but as I've hardly driven nords it will most likely be more a 2 hour hotlap session than a race for me. Still, a good way to learn the track better.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2017, 07:16:19 PM »
Book a Z4 for me Wally.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2017, 08:51:23 PM »
Book a Z4 for me Wally.
Great minds think alike . . . I will have a z4 as well.
However, not one hundred percent confirmed attendance at this stage....

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2017, 08:57:31 PM »

Wally is also not going to have tyre blankets on race night so its not going to get any easier.

So you want to create more opportunity for turn 1 and 2 pileups and multiple restarts and too many offs for drivers that will most likely quit in the first lap because it will be too hard. It's going to be hard enough a race as it is, you're just making it harder especially for those with less experience on the track...

this is supposed to be a "fun run" and you're turning into a serious event... why don't you just have 100% damage while you're at it and then we can all quit in the first lap and Marty can lap by himself.
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal