Xtreme Gaming Network

S16R7: New Jersey Motorsports Park Race Chat

Author Topic: S16R7: New Jersey Motorsports Park Race Chat  (Read 20178 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S16R7: New Jersey Motorsports Park Race Chat
« on: April 25, 2017, 11:08:23 PM »
It's the final round of the season, where we see if Marty can hang onto his slender lead over Phil to take the championship.

2 x 28 laps, at New Jersey Motorsports Park [TRACK DOWNLOAD]

Weather Forecast (outlook is 27°, mid clear)

[youtube]NMpjJe2raNE[/youtube]
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
Re: S16R7: New Jersey Motorsports Park Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 04:02:58 PM »
final round already,  just starting to tolerate the Porsche and its over 
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 04:39:55 PM »

Dont worry next season you can start the cycle again.  ;D

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 04:46:57 PM »

AHAHAHAHAHAHAA :) :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2017, 06:07:19 PM »
Look at it this way... the sooner you're out of the Porsche, the sooner you'll be in an open wheeler.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2017, 06:52:54 PM »
Maybe for Phil we can take the fenders off a 911 that would make it an open wheeler but then the Prada had fenders and was classed an open wheeler.  ;D

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2017, 07:42:39 PM »
I'm getting a checksum error on your server Marty, any ideas?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2017, 10:26:01 PM »
There was a new version released at some stage. The latest version of the track on RD is 1.1.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2017, 11:22:58 PM »

Seems I forgot to update server but thought I did, I got the missmatch update track on server and restarted and all good now.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2017, 08:46:39 PM »
this should be interesting round, it is going to be a race of tyre management,  just lapping normal not over doing it lefts are at about 103 degrees, start pushing they get too warm, and one mistake forget about doing any reasonable pace for a lap or so until they drop 20 or 30 degree.   

This is not a complaint, i am looking forward to the tyre management

is it just me or does anyone else think ac does not feel right when tyres are cold or too warm,  in any car I have been in at speed , either driving or passenger I have never felt like I am driving on ice, unless I am driving on ice, one of my previous jobs gave me access to basketville and we would unload the old ute at end of the day and even crap tyres never felt like on ice in middle of tassie winter with outside temp of like 10 degree when lapping at basketball, or some of the mazdas and nissans and stuff I got a go in and drive a couple never felt like you would slide off the road cause tyrers were cold.

anyway to me ac feels realistic when tyres are normal temps and it just feels like they made it slippery to simulate cold and hot
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 08:50:05 PM by Phil.8 »
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2017, 10:10:33 PM »
Yeah it does feel a bit much on the initial lap on cold tyres, in the porsche your easily a few seconds off the pace, seems a bit high i havent seen a driver come out of the pits in a race and look like he is in a different class car compared to everyone else on warm tyres lol. Hopefully they reduce it a bit in a update but overall its good.
do you even motorsports?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2017, 11:51:23 AM »
this should be interesting round, it is going to be a race of tyre management,  just lapping normal not over doing it lefts are at about 103 degrees, start pushing they get too warm, and one mistake forget about doing any reasonable pace for a lap or so until they drop 20 or 30 degree.   

This is not a complaint, i am looking forward to the tyre management

is it just me or does anyone else think ac does not feel right when tyres are cold or too warm,  in any car I have been in at speed , either driving or passenger I have never felt like I am driving on ice, unless I am driving on ice, one of my previous jobs gave me access to basketville and we would unload the old ute at end of the day and even crap tyres never felt like on ice in middle of tassie winter with outside temp of like 10 degree when lapping at basketball, or some of the mazdas and nissans and stuff I got a go in and drive a couple never felt like you would slide off the road cause tyrers were cold.

anyway to me ac feels realistic when tyres are normal temps and it just feels like they made it slippery to simulate cold and hot

There really is no comparing road cars on street tyres to a car on slicks, completly different experiance and road tyres are designed to work at all temps, slicks are much better when hot and tyre blankets are used in many series mostly because of this. Not saying AC does it perfectly and different compounds will vary how they work out of temp range but get in a car with slicks its amazing how the grip builds as you increase temp.

Jump back into it with cold tyres and the relative grip to hot tyres is pretty large add to that much less forgiving and snappy behavior on slicks vs street or even semi slicks. There is a good reason why slicks arent road legal as there would be low speed carnage everywhere and they would never get to ideal working temp range so have less grip then street tyre even on dry roads.

If you see an inexperianced driver being put into an f1 car for example they will pretty much always give them inter tyres. These dont need to be worked as hard to get to temp and are better when cold plus much more progressive at grip limits compared to slicks.

Saying that I had no issues here with tyre temps, its a fun tricky little track though and very easy to make an error pushing a bit too hard.

Driving Nords in the gt cars is much more about tyre managment to me, softs overheat and mediums mostly dont get to temp so trying to get eother compound to be good over a full lap is quite a challenge.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2017, 04:05:33 PM »
UPDATES ON MY PC (for those who are curious/are knowledgeable enough top help):

I have updated windows and reinstalled all interesting drivers (latest NVIDIA). Also uninstalled basically everything possible and more (this PC is used only for driving anyway, so there was not much in it to begin with). And I still have PHY_LATE and freezes, now every few seconds. It's actually impossible to drive. But randomly (especially just after restarting, it is completely sooth and zero PHY_LATE).

EDIT: only other little thing I am noticing is that, when driving, in resource monitor I have CPU6 close to 100% and all others very low. No idea what that might actually mean.

EDIT: FORGET ABOUT THIS: IT'S BAD EVEN JUST AFTER RESTARTING:
1. if you restart the PC and drive---smooth as never. 0 PHY_LATE. All great.
2. the second (and any further) time you launch acs.exe, it's utter crap. Freezes any 3 seconds and each time adds a few PHY_LATE. After 1 minute, I can be with 30 PHY_LATE. But there is no sign of anything eating my RAM or GPU. All looks normal, but that.

I have no clue... :(

« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 04:33:42 PM by grat »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2017, 05:11:05 PM »
Grat, have you checked CPU temps? To me, that onset of stuttering has always sounded like overheating problems. That could be why it starts off good, and then degrades with stuttering starting.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2017, 05:20:04 PM »
CPU? My CPU is always pretty cool, ... I'll check it again now and report.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal