Xtreme Gaming Network

S6R2: Silverstone International Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S6R2: Silverstone International Post-Race Chat  (Read 29594 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S6R2: Silverstone International Post-Race Chat
« on: March 31, 2015, 10:52:14 PM »
Race Results and Charts
Season Standings
Season Stats

Penalties
Race 3 - 4 pts to Shameless. It was a close call, but Shameless veered to the left in T1, off of the racing line, hitting Wobbly who was on his racing line. Wobbly wasn't really disadvantaged, so doesn't get the +4.

I looked at the Marty/Bird hit in race 3 too, and I give the benefit of the doubt to Bird, as he was in front, and from his car you couldn't see Marty at all, whereas Marty could see Bird's car.

Round Points
Jeremy    70
Perch    67
Matthew111    46
StanDaam    52
Wobblyone    54
Gratulin    56
Wally    52
Rolz    48
Shameless    35
UnFknBLievable    30
Vipergod    49
Bafs17    36
Freezer    46
Marty    27
Krahl    44
Ysu    43
Rob    38
Grubbet    28
Joe    25
G0RGAK    16
Simone    15

Congratulations to Jeremy on the round win and Jeremy and Perch on the race wins.

Season Podium
1. Jeremy, 73
2. Perch, 67
3. Matthew111, 66
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 11:00:28 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Joe

• View Profile
Re: S6R2: Silverstone International Post-Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 11:04:35 PM »
Thanks all. Good fun again. Seems my mic still wasn't working. I played around with the settings in TeamSpeak after and think I sorted it.

First race is was sitting nicely in the middle of the pack but managed to spin off the track twice and lost quite a few positions. I was getting really poor fps down the back straight and the following corner, didn't have the issue in the test server.

Second race I got tapped by Krahl, spun out and lost quite a few positions, then had him on me for the rest of the race. Clearly the better driver but was able to pull away from him on the straight due to being in the 458.

Third race I unfortunately went head long into shameless who was sideways on turn 1 then was at the back. Managed to get a few positions back due to a bit of a pile up on the corner entering the straight, but then in lap 8 got a tap from behind from UnFknBLievable entering the right hander after the straight, spun out and lost a lot of positions as couldn't safely rejoin the track. Then had a some fun with G0RGAK over the last few laps with quite bit of side by side action.

Bit disappointing loosing so many positions after spinning out, but still learning and having fun.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 11:06:52 PM »
Had some very good racing tonight.
Once again I was qualifying mid pack but could not for the life of me get the Merc off the line without getting swamped which keeps throwing my qualifying efforts out the window.
R1 - Lap 2 I tapped Wally coming out of T1, but I might point this one somewhat at Wally as I had the tighter line while all the Ferrari's ran wide but then Wally came back across the front of me, no doubt preparing for T2, I braked but couldn't avoid a small touch which sent us both off.
Aside from that I had some very tight pressure racing with Viper & Rohls in R2 with some defensive driving and using the Mercs strengths I managed to hold them off.
R3 was another tight one.  I was starting to finally get close to Wally's Ferrari when a little slip saw me loose the gap and fight the rest of the race with Krahl & Rolz.
Hard work but good fun..

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 11:16:06 PM »
I was following the rules by holding the line in turn 1.. I stayed where i was because i feared about hitting wally. Wobblys line and mine came together, was nothing either of us could do.

The next time I will be veering to the inside and blocking anyone from coming up the straight, they can go around me. If I had done that I wouldn't have had to worry about Wallys ferrari and it would have remained clean..

Maybe due to grip (lack of it) I may have drifted a little? even though I backed right off.
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 11:48:34 PM »
I was following the rules by holding the line in turn 1.. I stayed where i was because i feared about hitting wally. Wobblys line and mine came together, was nothing either of us could do.

The next time I will be veering to the inside and blocking anyone from coming up the straight, they can go around me. If I had done that I wouldn't have had to worry about Wallys ferrari and it would have remained clean..

Maybe due to grip (lack of it) I may have drifted a little? even though I backed right off.
Yeah, you'd have been better to stick to your line (to the right). It would have been up to me behind you, and with you in clear sight of me, to allow for that and not run into the back of you. More incidents are caused by moving left to right or vice versa in the opening few turns.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 12:47:42 AM »
id had a great night tonight...other than running out of fuel on the last turn in race 3....grats to viper for a good drive into p2 in the last race...he showed great pace. I think he could be one to watch in the future...... I thought I had pole in r1.....sweet. but Jeremy literally must of got it on the last lap....bar steward. tried meds for first time r1 and thought they were ok..but no match for Jeremy. had awesome battle with perch who to be fair had the legs on me pretty much everywhere...and who should be crowned last of the late brakers 2015.....kamakasi lol.  great battle in r1 with him. full on door banging wttc style but fair... r2 got good start p2 and after  perch binned it had great dice with gratulin who was very fast and gave me a serious amount of trouble until his tyres went off for p2....race 3 I turned up with 3 mins off quali left got p3 I think chuckled that Jeremy was way down the field for the same reasons...ha ha karmas a bitch settled for a safe 3rd after two p2s thinking poor old Jeremy fighting his way up etc etc....ran out of fuel on last lap.  didn't even cross the line.....dead last lol, also saw after a few comments about the shamless incident, sincere apologies if I caused any problems T1 last race.....to be honest I tried my best to give everyone room as I always do and helicorsa said I was in the right place....as I don't have replays I cant comment....but the first few bends are always a lottery..i tried to stay in  position. fun night as usual thank you gentleman....and shout out to joe who as a 4 week old sim racer is doing very very well.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2015, 07:17:57 AM »
My races were all exciting in the early stages with various battles, but all finished boring as I found myself in a kind of pocket of emptiness with gaps to packs of cars in front and behind. I remember seeing a lot of Freezer's Merc and Rob's and Bafs' 458s.

I'd maxed out all the cambers, and settled on 23/24 tyre pressure I think, which balanced the car nicely for me.  The 458 is good fun to drive. It drifts nicely and then has the grunt to power out of the corner. I know I made a few X-Bows look like they were standing still on the back straight.

Re Freezer's hitting me, I can't comment on it without seeing the replay.

Sorry Krahl - I thought when you hit my side it was a divebomb, but I saw in the replay that a car that had gone off track had hit you, sending you into me.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2015, 08:59:50 AM »
and shout out to joe who as a 4 week old sim racer is doing very very well.

Thanks dude, will pay you later  :-X

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2015, 09:05:47 AM »
If you would like to send me your CC details or a Cornish pasty...either will be acceptable ;)

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2015, 09:40:55 AM »
I looked at the Marty/Bird hit in race 3 too, and I give the benefit of the doubt to Bird, as he was in front, and from his car you couldn't see Marty at all, whereas Marty could see Bird's car.

Thanks, and do you give the benefit of the doubt to Marty as well?

Some food for thought I'll just quote this from the helicorsa thread.
O-1: To obtain right of road position in a corner, the overtaker's car must have substantial overlap of the car that is being overtaken, before they reach the corner's turn-in point. Should the overtaking car not have enough overlap, the leading car may resume its racing line without fear of contact.

I think the perpetrator wasn't me, in the first place.  But I'll leave it as race accident.

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2015, 10:01:14 AM »
Pretty good night for me  :)
Had a bitching race with Gratulin in race 1, dicing, side by sides, over unders, whole gamut of moves for virtually the whole race, exhausted after it  :D
Race 2 was pretty good too, ended up dicing with Marty and we both got elevated after Mathew and Perch very kindly decided to give us their positions on track  ;D Well done to Marty for putting the 458 on the podium (is he getting the same bonus as Seb got?) :D
Race 3 didn't go so well but ended up ok. I think as the races went on, myself and others were running a wider line out of the link onto the hanger straight, but others were keeping a tighter line through there. So I gave Krahl a tap there (he was on the outside, I had a nose where it shouldn't have been) but he keep going (excellent!!), unfortunately I got out of shape then heard Marty and others in trouble behind me. I was unsure if they were a flow on effect from my tap on Krahl, (I didn't even know if Krahl had spun or not at this stage), so I stopped and let everyone through then had some good battles coming back :D

Rolz

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2015, 10:03:12 AM »
Well stuck with the medium tires this week for all 3 races and definitely felt better.

Starts, I'm just getting swamped by everyone - still haven't nailed this as usually I'm pretty good... or Merc loves to fry the tires  :P

Over all very consistent on the racing... right in the middle of the pack,

Was punching out a post here on setups but might bring that up separately :)

Thanks all for the top night as usual... except for the occasional bumps now the maturity of the racing has increased heaps... or maybe I've been lucky to avoid it?  ;D

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2015, 10:13:45 AM »
In reality I've always raced with the bend being yours until the guys front wheel is along side your shoulder before u tip in or if it's a block pass u can slam it along side before they get chance to turn in Stopping them from being able to turn in.. if u are using differing lines and scrub their speed off ruining their exit...My feelings are if its a clean pass and u turn together because u don't want to yield your line as happened a few times with perch last night and u lean on each other u shouldn't spin off just swop paint..if u have been t boned u generally know about it....but let's be honest we all get it wrong from time to time. lol.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2015, 10:48:37 AM »

O-1: To obtain right of road position in a corner, the overtaker's car must have substantial overlap of the car that is being overtaken, before they reach the corner's turn-in point. Should the overtaking car not have enough overlap, the leading car may resume its racing line without fear of contact.

I think the perpetrator wasn't me, in the first place.  But I'll leave it as race accident.

What I'm saying is, I thought it was Marty's fault!

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2015, 12:44:23 PM »

What I'm saying is, I thought it was Marty's fault!

My fault that others are unaware of the cars around them and turning in on them at the start of the race?  ::)

Id give Bird the benefit of doubt as he wouldn't be able to see me at that point, but I would assume that seeing he passed me just before and then he wouldn't have seen me in the mirrors he shouldn't have assumed he was clear, obviously the car he gave room on the right hander before would either still be there or visible in his mirror if he was clear so its still a basic lack of track awareness on his part.  ;)

Its not like I dive bombed him I was there all along and slowed plenty to hit the apex and leave him room on the exit assuming he was going to leave me room on the apex which clearly wasn't the case. I don't see how that would be my fault in any way as obviously if he was clear there would have been no contact and if not clear you shouldn't cut across the track so aggressively in heavy traffic at the start of the race, but hold your line unless certain that you are clear. That is how I deal with race starts and racing in general but if this incident is deemed my fault I will abandon that practice and just do the big out to in sweep cutting apexes and noses of anyone that may be on the inside at all times.

[youtube]wBBh0guMr3Y[/youtube]

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal