Xtreme Gaming Network

Jan 12 Fun Run: RUF RT12 R at 3 tracks

Author Topic: Jan 12 Fun Run: RUF RT12 R at 3 tracks  (Read 25530 times)

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
Re: Jan 12 Fun Run: RUF RT12 R at 3 tracks
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2016, 02:55:16 PM »
GB, what I don't understand is, isn't any pot as good as another? Or do they have special electrical characteristics that have to match? I suppose they have to put out a certain range of voltages. But even if you have a different pot, outputting different voltages, that would then just be a matter of recalibration.

I don't see why you couldn't just buy any pot that physically fits to replace the stuffed one.

Here's some g25 pot specs:

Resistance   10.0KΩ
Power (Watts)   0.5W, 1/2W
Resistive Material   Carbon
Rotation   300°

This is a picture of the G27 POT:

This is the closest thing I can find for sale:

I don't know, but it looks a fair bit different to me?  Maybe if I took it apart and substituted the spindle, etc. it would be the same.  Anyway, I've got a clutch and throttle swap planned either this arvo or tomorrow so hopefully that will fix things for a while.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 04:01:56 PM by Guybrush Threepwood »

Rolz

« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2016, 03:05:13 PM »
nice work GB... I've looked at pulling it apart to get at them, but balked at the effort...

I was fortunate the drowning in board cleaner worked for me....

Thankfully my new pedals the pots are heaps easier to get to now

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2016, 07:05:36 PM »
I can't see the second pic, it seems to give us a "403 forbidden" code.
But that g27 pot seems like you can take it apart...now the problem part is usually the resistor strip on the pcb (it can get corroded/eroded by use - you should use the throttle pedal much less!!!).   So if you can swap the pcb with the other, it could work.

Or you may end up with two useless pots.  :D

Putting them together nice and tight can be a challenge.

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2016, 07:22:08 PM »
I took it completely apart the other day and gave it a good clean out then put it back together. worked well for a couple of days.

Anyways, I've swapped the clutch and throttle pedals over, including the foot plate spacers and the springs - that way I didn't have to take apart the pot's.  It has worked a treat so far.  No spiking in the hour or so test run I had earlier and both throttle and clutch working fine.

I'm sure the clutch will be spiking at full depression, but with the clutch it's pretty much a button except for the starts, but the first 10% of clutch travel isn't that vital.

Lets just hope the old clutch/current throttle pot doesn't start playing up!

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2016, 10:04:31 PM »
I took it completely apart the other day and gave it a good clean out then put it back together. worked well for a couple of days.

Anyways, I've swapped the clutch and throttle pedals over, including the foot plate spacers and the springs - that way I didn't have to take apart the pot's.  It has worked a treat so far.  No spiking in the hour or so test run I had earlier and both throttle and clutch working fine.

I'm sure the clutch will be spiking at full depression, but with the clutch it's pretty much a button except for the starts, but the first 10% of clutch travel isn't that vital.

It's only $499 for a set of Fanatec Clubsport v3 pedals :D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2016, 11:36:06 PM »

It sounds like it worked well. The clutch pot should obviously have had a lot less wear and tear than the throttle pot.

It's pretty lousy that Logitech won't provide replacement pots.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2016, 08:52:48 AM »
I will need to save up, or heaven forbid, sell more of my 'goodies' in the shed!    Actually, I am quite comfortable with my setup, although I do like the steel spoked rim :)...  but I did have a sense of "wheel envy" for a little while.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2016, 06:39:28 PM »
I'm thinking, just for the hell of it, of some kind of points scoring system for fun tonight, where you get more points the more you finish ahead of someone. I.e. it is an advantage to finish with a bigger margin than only just beating someone.

Kind of like 100 pts for the winner, and then the rest get a percentage of that depending on the gaps to the winner, so second place might get 99 pts for a narrow loss, or 80 pts for a more decent margin. I'll invent something for S&G.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2016, 07:19:19 PM »
I'd like to receive points when I spin! That way I can win :D

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2016, 07:28:48 PM »
I'm quite excited.  I just bought a V-slicer online.  As a result I haven't had a chance to do any decent practice.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2016, 07:39:52 PM »
My internet's out... The server's up though, for Barbagallo. I'll see if it comes back, otherwise the server will be stuck on Barbagallo.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2016, 07:46:49 PM »
My internet's out... The server's up though, for Barbagallo. I'll see if it comes back, otherwise the server will be stuck on Barbagallo.

Ok If you want I can run it on my servers though I was just in one and my pc crashed out again. I can at least run the servers if needed.

Rolz

« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2016, 07:50:56 PM »
there are a few that can offer their services :)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2016, 07:59:20 PM »
Seeing a few are already in that server I will do it from there just restart it with the regular xgn pass and run it with qualy at 8:30 starting at Brands first as some guys are in practicing already.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2016, 08:01:59 PM »
Given how much the RUF tires squeal I thought this might be using from Lord Kunos:

100% means "whatever we think the good default is".. which currently is around half way slip between 0 and the slip that gives you the grip peak.

So this slider goes from:

0% = a screaming tyre is a tyre
100% = a screaming tyre is an happy tyre
200% = a screaming tyre is a sliding tyre

Choose your poison.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal