Xtreme Gaming Network

S10R8: Barcelona GP Pre-Race Chat

Author Topic: S10R8: Barcelona GP Pre-Race Chat  (Read 25115 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S10R8: Barcelona GP Pre-Race Chat
« on: March 08, 2016, 11:25:10 PM »
Driver's Briefing

This is the final round, and the second of the enduros, same format as the round we did at Mugello.

The format is a single race of 34 laps (about 1 hr), after a qualifying session. 2.5x fuel, and 3x tyres.

There are TWO compulsory pit stops, where you can refuel, change tyres or repair. The pit window for the two CPS is laps 6 and 23. You can pit outside the pit window if you need to make repairs, or splash 'n dash, but you must do two pit stops in the pit window. DQ if you don't.

Earliest you can enter pit lane is at the end of lap 6. The latest you can pit is the end of lap 23.

The scoring is a little different in these format rounds: additional points (50 down to 1) are awarded for your position at the end of lap 14. So bear that in mind when you pit.

Weather: 18 and Clear
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 11:30:27 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
Re: S10R8: Barcelona GP Pre-Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 06:06:32 AM »
There is a chance I will not make this round, which is disappointing as it is the one I was looking forward to most.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2016, 01:46:43 PM »
I've ran a few laps and put my medium tyre and soft tyre setups on the server for the Audi.

Still not sure whether I'll be around Tuesday night or not.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2016, 03:32:50 PM »
Could you actually get a reasonable lap in with softs at 3x wear? I havent ran any laps yet but dont expect softs to survive an outlap let alone be quicker then mediums on the 2nd lap.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2016, 03:36:41 PM »
What's "MS Redistributable"? ???

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2016, 03:41:30 PM »
What's "MS Redistributable"? ???
If you're talking about ptracker and setup sharing, the download you need is this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=48145
Visual C++ Redistributable
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2016, 04:49:09 PM »
Thank you Wally. 8)

2+2=√16

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2016, 04:56:30 PM »
You like a long setup name, don't you Guy? ???
Only problem is when sTracker shortens it, they're all named the same. :o
(so I took both)

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2016, 05:11:22 PM »
I'm not sure whether to try hard tyres to get me to lap 14, to get the points that are on offer there. I tried that at Mugello, and it ended up being one of my worst rounds, points-wise. It might be better to stick with mediums and get a better lap time and hopefully a higher finishing position. Decisions, decisions.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2016, 07:53:01 PM »
My Mugello strategy worked well for me, so I'm sticking with that. :D

2+2=√16

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2016, 09:57:39 PM »
This is going to be a tough round for the Nissan.  It is rather outperformed here, it seems.  Something is wrong with this track grip-wise, too; the car wants to turn around, much more so than anywhere else.  And that's with an understeery setup.
Now, on a track with long corners, this is not a good combination. 

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2016, 11:35:07 PM »
This is going to be a tough round for the Nissan.  It is rather outperformed here, it seems.  Something is wrong with this track grip-wise, too; the car wants to turn around, much more so than anywhere else.  And that's with an understeery setup.
Now, on a track with long corners, this is not a good combination.

I've found it's a bit better with some more TC, about 2.

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2016, 10:10:55 AM »
Could you actually get a reasonable lap in with softs at 3x wear? I havent ran any laps yet but dont expect softs to survive an outlap let alone be quicker then mediums on the 2nd lap.

Yep, definitely faster in the Audi with softs. Get down to about 95% at the end of the flying lap.  You have to nurse them on the out lap though.

The increase in temperature is certainly helping.

Offline christopheraser

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2016, 12:57:48 PM »
Hey guys, this race falls on my 31st birthday and I have just been told that we are going out for dinner, so I won't be able to make this one.

Thanks for the series Wally, unfortunately I still find many aspects of this game frustrating when compared to RF2. I will keep an eye out for one off events as I'm keen to see how they develop it especially alongside what I can only assume will be a doomed console release, but I'm not going to be buying any more content from Kunos.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2016, 01:16:40 PM »
Thanks for the series Wally, unfortunately I still find many aspects of this game frustrating when compared to RF2. I will keep an eye out for one off events as I'm keen to see how they develop it especially alongside what I can only assume will be a doomed console release, but I'm not going to be buying any more content from Kunos.

Quite funny you had to throw in the rf2 comment, also a doomed console release whats the point of saying that lol.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal