Xtreme Gaming Network

Japanese pack server

Author Topic: Japanese pack server  (Read 28963 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: Japanese pack server
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2016, 11:01:22 AM »
The tricky thing with Imola is it seems you can always find some more time. Of the few we tested last nite best times were within .4 in those only the r34 wasnt really ran by the quicker guys. I originallly dropped a little balllast on the 370 but then when yorap came in kept bumping it up and ended up back at 110 and he was still in the low 6's was similar to what we did in the rx7 and the supra so just need to test the r34. I was hoping to aim them for 2:07.0 but seems if someone is pushing you along then there is always more time to find lol. Where is Guybrush when you need him. I also needed to blacklist a couple guys seems to be the issue once you allow c graders in.

The server wont show ballast levels for those not running ptracker but all laps on the new link are with those ballast numbers. I did drop the 370 to 90kg but put it back to 110 and all the quicker laps were set with that.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2016, 12:50:55 PM »
I just did a 2:10.5 in both the 370z (115 kg) and the Skyline, so those two cars are balanced for me, personally. It's looking pretty good.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2016, 10:27:27 PM »
Thats a good sign as its the quickest car and slowest so if those are equal and ive been fairly close in the other 3 it should work fairly well at thise levels at this type of track at least.

I think next week when I move it to Brands Indy maybe keep the ballast and see how people gothen maybe adjust it if needed.

Offline slideways

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2016, 11:43:26 AM »
Been doing some laps with them around BHI and so far I'm way quicker in the Skyline (still nearly 1sec of WR pace). Yet to put a lot of time into the others but about to hit the track in the rest.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2016, 12:02:09 PM »
The one car thats a bit concerning is the r34 for me at Imola, still Im only .7 off the Supra and rx7 (ballasted) so its not far off. Having a look at rsr it still shows that the 370 and rx7 are clearly ahead of the other 2 but not many laps in these so kind of hard to say.

I think I will initialy keep the same ballast from Imola and put all these up at Brands Indy to see what people get with all those. I will change the server over later tonight but will first run some laps in the 370, I did run ballast laps on the original server with it when setting ballast but hadnt run any times in the current server name.

Offline slideways

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2016, 12:21:49 PM »
Yeah, I'm now a touch quicker in the 370. Can't even get the RX-7 around there yet... ::) Need to work on a set as it's tail happy for me. ;)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2016, 01:35:42 PM »
I'll get some averaged stats off the BOP server tonight too.  For me, I was quickest in the Supra, and about the same in the other 3. But there will always be variation according to what car just suits you best, as all 4 cars feel reasonably different to drive.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2016, 02:03:04 PM »
In stracker you can get more info simply by pressing the + icon if you havent noticed yet Wally. I simply renamed the server to seperate ballasted laps and non ballasted laps.

http://52.62.170.191:50041/lapstat?track=imola&cars=ks_mazda_rx7_spirit_r,ks_nissan_370z,ks_nissan_skyline_r34,ks_toyota_supra_mkiv&valid=1,2&date_from=&date_to=

That link will show all combined laps, the Acserver3 will be all the open laps and ACserver3 Ballasted will be ballasted laps, mostly because it only shows ballast amounts for the people running ptracker. If someone doesn't run ptracker it wont show their ballast level on the lap so thats why I did it this way. Its a shame that apps cant directly get all the info that the official apps run, seeing the leaderboard app shows all drivers ballast and tyres live this info sent to stracker would be very handy but apparently its not there so ptracker needs to send this info.

Even when the server is changed over to Brands Indy you can still easily get old data by simply selecting current server and just change the track back to Imola.

I do feel the Supra at Imola was fractionally the quickest and racing it against others with ballasted Rx7 or 370 it had a bit of a top speed advantage. In the next test I will start with current ballast levels but I suspect the Supra may need 15 to 20kg but on a twistier track the supra is probably the worst handling car so its speed is more an advantage anywhere it can open up.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2016, 03:55:45 PM »
I will move this server up to Brands Indy now as I just did some laps in the 370z'

Times for me in the server with ballast are
Rx7  2:06.412 145kg
Supra 2:06.583 0kg
370z 2:06.736 115kg
R34 GTR 2:07.344 0kg (but have a pb of 2:06.822)

So for me at these levels there was only .4 between the 4 cars so Id say thats fairly close. I will move it to Brands Indy keeping the same ballasts to start with and see how they go there. I think it should still stay fairly close but the R34 may more likely be closer to the quickest car there as that track should suit it fairly well.

Offline slideways

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2016, 04:49:58 PM »
Interesting to see. I have a .3s spread between the Nissan;s and the RX-7 with the Supra .6 - .9s behind. That's without ballast.

Just bottling a batch of brew but will get on the server for some laps in an hour or so... ;)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 05:13:34 PM by slideways »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2016, 06:21:01 PM »
I have put the server up at Brands Indy with the same ballasts as from Imola.

http://52.62.170.191:50041/lapstat?currservers=acserver3Ballast

For me initial runs seem fairly close with .227 between all 4 and the gtr, rx7 and supra only .020 between them.  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2016, 06:30:50 PM »
What I will do in the season, is to mandate that if you start in the 370 or the RX7, you must swap to either the skyline or the supra in the second half, and vice versa. This does two things:
Spices it up a bit,
And lessens the effect of any ballast anomalies.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2016, 06:40:36 PM »
What I will do in the season, is to mandate that if you start in the 370 or the RX7, you must swap to either the skyline or the supra in the second half, and vice versa. This does two things:
Spices it up a bit,
And lessens the effect of any ballast anomalies.

Sounds like a good plan Wally, it does look like Brands with the ballast 145kg rx7 and 115kg 370 brings all 3 quite close together. At Imola with these the Supra was probably the quickest but at Brands it took me the most laps in the Supra to get into the similar ballpark. The r34 GTR is the easiest car there to get pace but it will also cook left front tyres thanks to being abused on exits and entry with most high speed corners being right handers there. On a longer open track the R34 will likely struggle the most but get something with shorter straights and more corners it will be quite a weapon.

Mixing tracks during the season with some quicker and slower ones in both halves of the season should also spice things up a bit especially people going the r34, as this car with the lowest top speed will always struggle on any longer straights.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2016, 10:01:23 PM »
Here are the average times for each ballasted car at Imola, for all laps within 5% of the fastest time:

RX-7 Spirit R
02:09.7
370z Nismo
02:09.8
Supra MKIV
02:07.6
Skyline GTR R34 V-Spec
02:09.5
Going by these averages at least, the Supra is a little quick. The other 3 look spot on.

Mixing tracks during the season with some quicker and slower ones in both halves of the season should also spice things up a bit especially people going the r34, as this car with the lowest top speed will always struggle on any longer straights.

Yeah, I will always aim to do that whenever there's a "split" season where you have to change cars.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2016, 11:49:59 PM »
Here are the average times for each ballasted car at Imola, for all laps within 5% of the fastest time:

RX-7 Spirit R
02:09.7
370z Nismo
02:09.8
Supra MKIV
02:07.6
Skyline GTR R34 V-Spec
02:09.5
Going by these averages at least, the Supra is a little quick. The other 3 look spot on.

Yeah, I will always aim to do that whenever there's a "split" season where you have to change cars.

I think Supra was maybe .2 quick there but at Brands it is clearly the slowest though by only .3 to the fastest. I dont really agree with averaging the best 5% especially as the Supra had the least amount of people running laps.

All Supra laps in that server. Only 9 people set a time and of that only 4 did more then 4 laps.

http://52.62.170.191:50041/lapstat?track=ks_brands_hatch-indy&cars=ks_toyota_supra_mkiv&valid=1,2&date_from=&date_to=&currservers=acserver3Ballast

Mazda Rx7 had 17 people set a lap.
http://52.62.170.191:50041/lapstat?track=imola&cars=ks_mazda_rx7_spirit_r&valid=1,2&date_from=&date_to=&currservers=acserver3Ballast&page=0

20 in the Nissan 370z
http://52.62.170.191:50041/lapstat?track=imola&cars=ks_nissan_370z&valid=1,2&date_from=&date_to=&currservers=acserver3Ballast

18 in the GTR
http://52.62.170.191:50041/lapstat?track=imola&cars=ks_nissan_skyline_r34&valid=1,2&date_from=&date_to=&currservers=acserver3Ballast

Then best laps in each car.
http://52.62.170.191:50041/lapstat?track=imola&cars=ks_mazda_rx7_spirit_r,ks_nissan_370z,ks_nissan_skyline_r34,ks_toyota_supra_mkiv&valid=1,2&date_from=&date_to=&currservers=acserver3Ballast&ranking=2

.3 between the top 3 and GTR 1.2 off but only .7 going off my best lap there.

At Brands I tried hard in the Supra and couldnt get it under 54 but at 54.012 vs 53.715 in the supra and quite a few have already run there there is not much in them.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal