Xtreme Gaming Network

Japanese pack server

Author Topic: Japanese pack server  (Read 28932 times)

Offline slideways

• View Profile
Re: Japanese pack server
« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2016, 01:30:07 PM »
Noticed an aussie server - XRST running the same jap cars and same settings as Marty was. No MR tho. Is this one of our guys??

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2016, 02:03:43 PM »
Not me and dont know xrst or who runs that, the combo was quite popular so I guess they are trying. But ABC at times got messy enough no MR I would rather hotlap.  ;) The server could be run by people that cant get into mine due to poor ratings so at least all the wreckers can head into that.

People are free to setup any servers they want so good on them. Mine are simply there to get data for the next season and with MR we can also get some fun races in it when it gets busier. I was almost going to make it AB only but left in C to get a few more as many of these guys are at least putting in an effort to race kid of clean

Offline slideways

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2016, 02:15:54 PM »
Yeah, I'm the same. Not taking the chance with no MR. Just wondering as it's only popped up yesterday.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2016, 05:12:54 PM »
Here are the average times from Brands Hatch (looking at all times between 53.7 and 59.0 seconds):

RX-7 Spirit R
00:56.0
370z Nismo
00:56.0
Supra MKIV
00:56.2
Skyline GTR R34 V-Spec
00:55.9
As good as the same, Supra fractionally slower.

Here was Imola (times between 2:06.1 and 2:24, + 10%):

RX-7 Spirit R
02:11.9
370z Nismo
02:12.3
Supra MKIV
02:13.6
Skyline GTR R34 V-Spec
02:13.3
Supra and Skyline fractionally slower.

It will be interesting to get some RBR times as well, although we probably won't get as many laps there being a DLC track.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2016, 05:17:15 PM »
Yeah, I'm the same. Not taking the chance with no MR. Just wondering as it's only popped up yesterday.

Could just be someone that also really liked that combo at Brands and may not have the DLC so probably cant see or race them at RBR now.

Numbers will likely drop at RBR as there are quite a few other car for people to test also. I only ran a few laps in the r34 and it felt nice at the gp circuit. Quite a tricky track with track limits as its got so much run off and pretty big brake zones into a few corners that are just asking for you to exploit them. I think a fair chunk of those that have the jap pack would likely get the new DLC but being majority open wheel not sure if it will be the biggest seller.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 16, 2016, 06:35:16 PM »
I think a fair chunk of those that have the jap pack would likely get the new DLC but being majority open wheel not sure if it will be the biggest seller.

Thats a shame, its my fav pack by far
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 16, 2016, 08:50:37 PM »
After a few attempts at racing in that server, I have now culled the grades. Just too many poor drivers were in there, if there are any XGN guys that want to run in it and arent rated A B yet and cant get in PM your GUID and I will add you to the xgn whitelist.

Offline slideways

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 16, 2016, 09:03:03 PM »
Ok, will give it a go then. Maybe later tonight. :)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 16, 2016, 10:54:00 PM »
Ok, will give it a go then. Maybe later tonight. :)

Did you get the dlc, there were pletny on there just seemed to be worse overall then normal in an ABC server but not sure why. I feel the toyota may be quickest but I never really had a proper lap in it though there wasnt much in the cars I ran.

Offline slideways

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 17, 2016, 08:45:45 AM »
Nah, just me getting confused. Your beginner server is the only one I see with the filters on so thought it was that one. Then I realised a beginners server wouldn't be much good without the lower ratings......senior moment/hour/day etc..... ::) :P

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 17, 2016, 11:42:08 AM »
I've been pondering all the time data so far, looking at a relative comparison of the individual times set by people who've driven multiple cars, to see if they are much faster or slower in any particular car. If there was a trend, like most people's slowest car was the Supra for example, then it would show that there's an imbalance that needs to be addressed. But as it turns out, for both Imola and Brands Hatch, it's all over the shop. Some people are significantly faster in cars that other people are significantly slower in. A lot of people have well matched times across the cars. My conclusion is that overall, it's pretty balanced with the current ballasts.

It goes to show how hard it is to come up with a BOP for the general sim racer. In real life motorsport, where the pros can churn out very consistent times close to each other, it's easier. But there's so much variation in sim racers' times.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 17, 2016, 03:16:07 PM »
Yea BOP is a tricky one, in real racing there is also the milking for BOP assistance as in Ford putting in little to no effort at any session all year only to find massive amounts of time come Lemans qualy. Overall I think the idea is to try get them close for the quickest guys more then anything else, you dont really want a situation where one car is a clear advantage if one of the quicker guys picks it meaning anyone wanting to compete with that would also need the same car.

For the others, many dont run as consistant or as many laps in general. They may not be able to adjust between cars as well and of these 4 they are all quite different to drive. So from that they should be able to find 1 of the 2 that will suit them better and still know that picking one over the other isnt putting them at a huge disadvantage.

For me at certain tracks the easiest car to get a lap out of has been different pretty much always, basic things like gear ratios have quite an impact. If you dont quite have the right gear for a corner and another car is geared better it can be a significant advantage. However this is mostly pot luck track to track and any car can win or lose in this lottery.

At Imola the Supra had the slight edge I feel, at Brands it was the weakest but not by miles, in RBR its close to the Rx7 and both have a slight edge over the other 2 here but max potential maybe .5 between fastest and slowest though current times are closer then that for me. The rx7 and Supra both had a bit more time in them, also the 370 has a couple more tenths but nailing a lap at this track is quite tricky.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 17, 2016, 03:26:47 PM »
Going by my laptimes at RBR http://52.62.170.191:50041/lapstat?currservers=acserver3Ballast
I had not looked at theoretical best laps and these seem closer to the actual times but there its
1:49.455 rx7
1:49.711 Supra
1:49.911 GTR
1:49.905 370z

So theoretical best for me there is still only a spread of .456 with an actual laptime spread of .396

For a faster more open track the Supra could do with maybe 10 to 15kg ballast but overall its one of the trickier cars to get a laptime and on a twisty track it struggles the most.

The R34 in general will do well at any track without very long straights, not likely to be easily quickest anywhere but its a pretty good all rounder. Also its got a huge advantage off the line so quite handy for reverse grid starts, and also real good out of slow corners so can be useful passing in traffic.

The Rx7 is quick even with this ballast, it does make it hard to come to a stop and gearing seems pretty good at most tracks in that. Good all rounder too but being consistent in it isnt that easy. Loosing the rear with a bit of overdriving is very easily done and the extra weight makes it a bit sluggish up hills or into brake zones.

The 370 is more stable then the rx7, extra weight does make it hurt into downhill brake zones especially, gearing is kind of odd with very short 1st gear a bit taller 2nd and 4rd vs the rx7 for its power range. This means quite often it needs to be half a gear taller into corners then ideal and effects its exit speeds. Lap pace though its generally pretty close to the quickest and has never been the slowest car for me.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 17, 2016, 03:29:34 PM »
/st session qtime 15 command not recognised

Guess I'm a useless admin

2+2=√16

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal