Xtreme Gaming Network

S16R7: New Jersey Motorsports Park Race Chat

Author Topic: S16R7: New Jersey Motorsports Park Race Chat  (Read 20183 times)

Offline grat

• View Profile
Re: S16R7: New Jersey Motorsports Park Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2017, 05:28:48 PM »
Starting temps were 37C for both CPU and GPU.

Did half a lap. CPU temp went to 40 in 10 seconds and then stopped there (+-2 at most). GPU climbed to 70 in 30 seconds or so and stopped there (+-2). PHY_LATEs started almost immediately, climbing at each freezing moment and up in the mid-50s.

framerate is apparently stable. Render app says that CPU is around 30%, and everything else seems low. The only thing is that the blue line in the graph moves (but I have no idea what the blue line is). CAM said everything was alright and said VRAM used 2.0 and VRAM free 2.0.

Only thing I noticed is that AC seems to run always on only one core. It picks one (at random) and fills it up to 100%. Probably this is normal behaviour, but I do not know.

Honestly, I am completely lost, so I'll try whatever you say...

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2017, 06:30:48 PM »
Those temps seem fine. In assettocorsa.ini, I think there's a setting about number of physics threads. -1 is automatic. That relates to the number of cores used. You could try different values there e. G 2 should use 2 cores.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2017, 06:32:32 PM »
Those temps seem fine. In assettocorsa.ini, I think there's a setting about number of physics threads. -1 is automatic. That relates to the number of cores used. You could try different values there e. G 2 should use 2 cores.
Will try! thanks.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2017, 06:41:48 PM »
Nope: I set it to 4 and to 24 (you never know) and in both cases nothing changes: one core is close to 100%, others are barely used. I have no idea if this has anything to do with the problem, though.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2017, 07:29:55 PM »
Have you got any AV running in the background? maybe try disable this along with any windows background stuff such as Cortana, steam overlays etc.

Also check if your audio driver isnt trying to do weird stuff in the bacground. Try disable audio, run a single screen to test if its an nv surround issue. This for me has regularly been awkward since windows 7 especially if tryimg to force a custom resolution if the pc wakes from sleep it used to lose my custom surround res with bezep correction. I now use the default res and do bezel correction in game with the triole screen app.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2017, 07:36:19 PM »
Hi all,

thanks a lot for the help.

It looks like we have ISOLATED THE PROBLEM.

1. When it runs SMOOTH, it runs across ALL CORES. But it is rare, and usually only after a restart.
2. When it runs CRAP, it runs on only 1 CORE, as mentioned before.

@Marty: I have run it with Avast enabled and disabled. I do not know how to kill Cortana permanently, but there is really no particular process eating the GPU or the RAM... I'll keep checking, but it really looks like the problem is that AC does not run on multi-core as it should...

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2017, 08:08:53 PM »
In Assetto_corsa.ini there is also this setting you can experiment with

[THREADING]
USE_TIMER_PROCESS=-1   ; -1=Automatic, no timer process for CPU with more than 2 cores, timer process for dual cores. 0=Always off. 1=Always on.
SET_THREAD_AFFINITY_MASK=0 ; 0=Windows scheduler will decide where to run the threads. 1=Main thread assigned to Core0, physics thread assigned to Core1

Maybe also try and force acs.exe as higher priority.

With windows background stuff like Cortana and Windows defender you need to dig deep into the system files to disable these, I did all that when I had the stutters. Not sure if they were any way related but once I killed a few background things its run solid since.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2017, 08:33:07 PM »
Maybe, just maybe.... I got it. I reverted back and forth the NVIDIA drivers and maybe I have found one that does not do that crazy thing with GPUs. For the first time I could do 3 consecutive sessions without problems. But I do not want to be too optimistic, so I will try again tonight.

For sure, my testing for this week has been pretty limited, as Saturday it is my usual day and I spent it all trying to make the PC work.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2017, 08:34:27 PM »
In Assetto_corsa.ini there is also this setting you can experiment with

[THREADING]
USE_TIMER_PROCESS=-1   ; -1=Automatic, no timer process for CPU with more than 2 cores, timer process for dual cores. 0=Always off. 1=Always on.
SET_THREAD_AFFINITY_MASK=0 ; 0=Windows scheduler will decide where to run the threads. 1=Main thread assigned to Core0, physics thread assigned to Core1

Maybe also try and force acs.exe as higher priority.

With windows background stuff like Cortana and Windows defender you need to dig deep into the system files to disable these, I did all that when I had the stutters. Not sure if they were any way related but once I killed a few background things its run solid since.
Thank you,

I did try to set the TIMER PROCESS to 1, but did not do much. I have not tried the priority. Will check that out if the problem returns. I wil also try to regedit some of the windows stuff off if needed.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2017, 09:30:22 PM »
Unfortunately I was right in not being too optimistic. I got back in after dinner, and the problem is still there... :(

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2017, 12:09:11 AM »
Latest news: I completely uninstalled Avast and had a few races with Marty and Mael. Many fingers crossed....

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2017, 09:23:24 AM »
this should be interesting round, it is going to be a race of tyre management,  just lapping normal not over doing it lefts are at about 103 degrees, start pushing they get too warm, and one mistake forget about doing any reasonable pace for a lap or so until they drop 20 or 30 degree.   

This is not a complaint, i am looking forward to the tyre management

is it just me or does anyone else think ac does not feel right when tyres are cold or too warm,  in any car I have been in at speed , either driving or passenger I have never felt like I am driving on ice, unless I am driving on ice, one of my previous jobs gave me access to basketville and we would unload the old ute at end of the day and even crap tyres never felt like on ice in middle of tassie winter with outside temp of like 10 degree when lapping at basketball, or some of the mazdas and nissans and stuff I got a go in and drive a couple never felt like you would slide off the road cause tyrers were cold.

anyway to me ac feels realistic when tyres are normal temps and it just feels like they made it slippery to simulate cold and hot

"Spinning my M3 at Silverstone on March 3rd 2011 on cold slicks"
[youtube]azl3Oi1JhHw[/youtube]

"AE86 spinning on first corner at Taupo race track - cold slicks"
[youtube]gSEX6xct1vU[/youtube]

"My first (and to date only) spin in the Juno. Straight out of the pits, cold slicks. Whoops."
[youtube]-F5KyPUpl6Q[/youtube]
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2017, 11:41:11 AM »
I will take tyre blankets off the practice server this arvo, so if any people want to practice race starts especially it will be usefull. I think this is one of the trickiest first sectors so dealing with cold tyres here will likely be a proper challenge. Not sure what temps Wally will set for the races but if he gives an idea I can set server up with both race conditions to give an idea there too.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2017, 12:50:21 PM »
I will take tyre blankets off the practice server this arvo, so if any people want to practice race starts especially it will be usefull. I think this is one of the trickiest first sectors so dealing with cold tyres here will likely be a proper challenge. Not sure what temps Wally will set for the races but if he gives an idea I can set server up with both race conditions to give an idea there too.
I just checked the weather forecast - it's hot, about 32°.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2017, 12:54:18 PM »
Hey Guys..... :( :( :(

Been sick for the last couples of days wit a huge flu,huge,so i have to inform you that i wont be racing tonight,Thx guys

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal