Xtreme Gaming Network

S23R6: Queensland Raceway Race Chat

Author Topic: S23R6: Queensland Raceway Race Chat  (Read 11706 times)

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
Re: S23R6: Queensland Raceway Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2018, 12:25:27 PM »
Thanks :)  we have put an off on a house this morning so will see how that goes

Top night racing with Wally, but was a bad nights driving from me, sorry for costing you some good results Wally
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2018, 02:48:10 PM »
Sorry for the no show, I wasn't up to it. :'(

You absence were noticeable Bacchulum, without you to keep order the first laps were chaos.

For myself a fun, if long night (bit too many laps?). The pace wasn't there for any hope of a decent result but the night was made by a majestic move around the outside of  Killagorilla at the last turn in race 3. In fact I was so chuffed with the pass that I promptly threw the car off the track a few corners later to give the position back  ;D

At least Freezer made some good points for the team.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2018, 03:10:29 PM »
The races are always about 20 mins.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2018, 03:19:21 PM »
Managed to equal my pb to qualify in 8th which was good as passing was going to be difficult.
R1 - Having the inside line on the start was a distinct advantage which along with a few people slipping around I found
myself in 4th by the 2nd lap.  From there it was quiet with only Russg tracking me down.  I knew he was faster and
finally he had a dive at t4 and was through.
R2 - The shuffle saw me start in 8th (again on the inside).  Another opportunistic start saw me up to 4th but then I over did
it and spun dropping a couple of spots.  Managed to get them back and spent the second half chasing AB but couldn't close the gap.
R3 - After the initial jump I found myself battling with Phil and Wally for many laps.  Phil had a slip and I was past but then I tapped wally
and spun myself.  Only in the dying laps was it Phil's turn to tap Wally and I slipped by both of them to get home 4th.
As has been said, this track ended up being pretty enjoyable.
Team Maki is holding a solid 2nd place in the championship with one round to go!

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2018, 06:24:33 PM »
Well that was exciting, and disappointing.

All through practice and qualifying I struggled to get close to my early week practice time, and qualified poorly.

Race 1 was a mix of finding a little bit of pace and taking advantage of others misfortune to be racing in 6th and watching Rob and Wally getting closer as the laps went by. Rob had a couple of goes to get past and couldn't quite manage it and must have a made a little mistake that Wally took advantage of.
Then Wally hassled me for the last few laps, but I didn't make an error big enough to allow him to pass. It was great racing.

Race 2: Not so good. :) I spun while smiling at the others spinning in front of me and ended up last. I got a couple of positions back through them making errors, but it was not a good race.

Race3: It got worse. I was going okay but lost sight of my brake marker and missed it by a metre or two. It was all I needed to smack poor old Dave O in the arse spinning us both, and I finished where I deserved, in last. Sorry Dave.

After race 1 and a 6th I thought I'd finally turned things around, but I soon put that to bed.
I thought it was a good night overall and thoroughly enjoyed it, especially Race 1.

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2018, 08:08:55 PM »
Sorry for the no show, I wasn't up to it. :'(

You absence were noticeable Bacchulum, without you to keep order the first laps were chaos.

For myself a fun, if long night (bit too many laps?). The pace wasn't there for any hope of a decent result but the night was made by a majestic move around the outside of  Killagorilla at the last turn in race 3. In fact I was so chuffed with the pass that I promptly threw the car off the track a few corners later to give the position back  ;D

At least Freezer made some good points for the team.

Well done mate! If everyone was as generous as you ;-)

Offline ab156

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2018, 12:58:45 PM »
Another "what if night" probably best summerised by the results / penalties post but I still had a great time.  Had some awesome racing, especially with AbleArcher who withstood pressure very well requiring many laps of close racing to achieve a clean pass in both race 1 and 2.  In race 3 I got taken out by my nemesis, myself....

Was a bad night...got more and more angry at myself about these stupid mistakes. Reg r2, sorry to the guys whose race I f'd up there at the sharp left hand turn in the middle...got confused about the braking marker...sh*
All good, we all make mistakes.  I was pretty sure I hadn't braked 20 meter too early so it was a surprised to see you coming up the inside, unfortunately it was too late for me to try and avoid.

All to play for next week.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal