Xtreme Gaming Network

Round 2: Silverstone International Chat

Author Topic: Round 2: Silverstone International Chat  (Read 76008 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Round 2: Silverstone International Chat
« on: June 10, 2014, 10:54:42 PM »
Car Allocations, based on round 1 results

Darren Marsh48Grp A
Ysu44Grp A
Glen7343Grp A
Guybrush Threepwood43Grp A
BJSRacer41Grp A
Wally41Grp A
Simone33Grp A
Bacchulum31Grp A
Rob31Grp A
Butters28Grp A
cramjet28Grp A
Dave O26Grp A
Vipergod24DTM
Marty20DTM
Flattop17DTM
GWyar16DTM
Jestronix16DTM
Mopz14DTM
Phil14DTM
Freezer12DTM
Rolz9DTM
rooshooter9DTM
SpeedFreak9DTM
Dick Forrest4DTM
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Round 2: Silverstone International Chat
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 05:59:23 PM »
Here's a setup for my teammate, so no-one else take it! >:(
Or.....
is this the dud one meant to fool our competitors?????? :o

Now I have you all thinking. ;) 8) :P

Yeah, it's the dud one, ie. my real one, the best I can do. :P

[Old attachment deleted by admin to free up space]

2+2=√16

Offline Vipergod

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 07:09:37 PM »
As posted earlier I cannot make this one
GO ROB (Can he have my car this week Wally ;D)

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 10:08:02 PM »
Boy oh boy...I've updated my wheel firmware, installed new drivers, and installed my H-shifter (I really wanted to see how much fun it is!)  I had to calibrate it, but now it works.

It's not fun as of yet :).  I'm struggling to keep the car straight, mis-shifting all the time, crunching gears... so hats off to anyone who can do it.

Mind you, I used to drive manuals back in Europe on the right side, where the shifter is in the other hand!  I prolly should install it on the right to get anywhere with it, hehe.

But in any case, it'd be  very interesting racing if every one of us had one, and used it...I reckon the results would be very different!

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 10:23:30 PM »
I got a shifter but I am not even thinking about it,,,but it would be great fun fo sure

Rolz

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2014, 10:32:13 PM »
*sigh* relegated to DTM... guess it'll give me more of a fighting chance against all you top guys... plus have all week to pull my finger out and practice, practice, practice...

Here's a setup for my teammate, so no-one else take it! >:(
Or.....
is this the dud one meant to fool our competitors?????? :o
Now I have you all thinking. ;) 8) :P
Yeah, it's the dud one, ie. my real one, the best I can do. :P

Thanks mate will give it a go :)
Only found one other setup.ini and been playing with that... it did drop me down... I can see improvements, but will try urs tomorrow night... if the misso lets me jump on 3 nights in a row :-P

Mind you, I used to drive manuals back in Europe on the right side, where the shifter is in the other hand!  I prolly should install it on the right to get anywhere with it, hehe.

lol yeah driving on the left hand side with my H shifter somewhere out the drivers door window :-P

2 things I want to bing up...

1 - Can we have a looping Qualification session over Practice? Just if I pull a sweet lap it doesn't get put up to AC Live Timing... I don't do many PB's so any opportunity to upload is desperately needed....

2 - I did some laps on the Practice tonight and my FPS dropped pretty low... down to sub30FPS at some points burning around...
I know a few had issues with all the cars out yesterday so it might pay to jump on and de-tune effects...

I disabled HDR (Even though it does looks real sweet with it on) and my FPS shot back up... 60fps in the heavy parts (pits) and 120fps as a top...

I do have 3 screens and push my res to 5760x1080

Just a heads up to test before race night.

ttyl

Rolz :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2014, 11:07:48 PM »
Yeah, good idea Rolz about the qualifying session. I can do that.

I've been using the H shifter. Its a lot more fun than the paddles. After the Ferrari 312T with an H shifter, the BMW is an absolute doddle. But for a bit of extra safety, I do turn on auto-blip.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2014, 11:09:41 PM »
For this round, Gratulin will be taking Vipergod's place.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2014, 12:16:24 AM »
I have never tried a manual tranny car in AC with anything but the shifter, its not too bad in these cars but was brutal in the 312T as I missed so many gears in that thing. Its quite fun in the DTM but I dont think the advantage will be as huge in a race as qualy as the DTM eats soft tyres in a few laps and so they will be useless for the race. I hope I can be close to Darren in the mediums but the softs should be nice for qualy and gearbox has more options so starts shouldnt be as bad. Qualy I think Im about 1.5 faster then in the grp A but will need to find a good race setup more then a qualy one for this car.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2014, 09:03:34 AM »
I've put Gratulin in Vipergod's place in Team MRT. He'll score team points in Vipergod's place (in the Group A). Gratulin's also got a place on the practice server.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2014, 09:06:50 AM »
1 - Can we have a looping Qualification session over Practice? Just if I pull a sweet lap it doesn't get put up to AC Live Timing... I don't do many PB's so any opportunity to upload is desperately needed....
The practice server is now up in Qualifying mode, so you can use the RSR live timing. It means I've also had to turn on the penalties if you put more than two wheels out of the track, so the app accepts the times.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2014, 09:07:35 AM »
Are you guys using the clutch as well as a H-shifter?
I tried a few weeks ago, was a mess. The G27 h-shifter is a bit of a 'toy' Doesn't feel right, too easy to miss gears. I also find the peddles are too close together, well I was all feet.
I'm slow enough, so the manual venture lasted about 1 lap.

Offline DarrenM

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2014, 09:29:43 AM »
You need to use it for quick upshifts and it can take a bit of practice to get the timing right, but you don't need to use it when downshifting. You can just blip or shift at lower revs.

I tried the G27 shifter but it kept jamming on the gate. I now have a clubsport SQ shifter which is a lot better, but most of the time I just use the paddles.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2014, 09:41:36 AM »
You need to use it for quick upshifts and it can take a bit of practice to get the timing right, but you don't need to use it when downshifting. You can just blip or shift at lower revs.

I tried the G27 shifter but it kept jamming on the gate. I now have a clubsport SQ shifter which is a lot better, but most of the time I just use the paddles.

Still use the clutch with the paddles?
Most of you guys are using Fanatec stuff yeah?
Fanatec seems to be the way to go for next upgrade. but I gotta get a lot faster before I can justify it.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2014, 10:12:02 AM »

Still use the clutch with the paddles?
Most of you guys are using Fanatec stuff yeah?
Fanatec seems to be the way to go for next upgrade. but I gotta get a lot faster before I can justify it.

Greger Huttu was driving a Logitech DFP (driving force pro, really old ancestor of the DFGT) up to a couple of years ago.
And if you don't know who Greger is, just look at the world records of any sim - or simply research "alien sim racer" :D

I'm not saying it's wrong to update; it's great.  But if you're good, you'll be good with nearly anything, as long as the equipment does what it needs to do, nothing fancy is required.   But a lot of practice is necessary ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal