Xtreme Gaming Network

Round 4: Nurburgring Chat

Author Topic: Round 4: Nurburgring Chat  (Read 59627 times)

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
Re: Round 4: Nurburgring Chat
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2014, 09:19:48 AM »
Might be good to exchange tips, etc. as well.  Not the tip you're thinking Dick.

I read that not long after you posted it but only just got the joke a few hours later, I think at least  :)

...... I still don't get it....  ;)

Rolz

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2014, 09:32:00 AM »
did an hour last night... hopefully I will get a few more in over the next few days... Guy was ~3secs straight off the bat faster than me... and I'm pretty sure he's in the GRA  :o

Offline crimespree

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2014, 04:40:59 PM »
gutted to be last of the GPAs, puts me as potentially slowest on the track. Best harden up I guess.

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2014, 04:53:56 PM »
gutted to be last of the GPAs, puts me as potentially slowest on the track. Best harden up I guess.

There is always my DTM that is easy to beat. So don't feel bad at all Crimespree!!

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2014, 07:14:29 PM »

There is always my DTM that is easy to beat. So don't feel bad at all Crimespree!!

I agree with Dick, was showing him the way around Nurburgring the other nite and my tyres just about froze over trying to keep him in my group A's rearview mirror. Maybe we can hire him as the pace car driver but still they need to stay on track so that could be an issue.  :)

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2014, 07:34:43 PM »
ouch !

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2014, 07:44:16 PM »

I agree with Dick, was showing him the way around Nurburgring the other nite and my tyres just about froze over trying to keep him in my group A's rearview mirror. Maybe we can hire him as the pace car driver but still they need to stay on track so that could be an issue.  :)

GOLD!!!!

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2014, 08:49:29 PM »

I don't know, could have some half-truths there. you where trying to show me something.....  :o

besides. I was AFK most of the lap. I knew what you'd teach me, I'd have to un-learn if i ever want to go fast..  ;)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2014, 11:11:55 PM »
Being Away From Keyboard shouldnt be an issue when your using a wheel. Its good to see drivers of all levels here and no matter how fast or slow someone is they can still have fun and its good to have the odd barely mobile chicane  ;) out there too as long as it doesnt try to take you out.

I think if you stick with it Dick you will gain a bit of time, just need to try use more track and get into the apexes. Not sure if your still using the wheel settings but they should make it much easier to control the car.
Im sure many will be glad to help you and some may even teach you the proper lines not just messing with you like I was.

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2014, 11:48:25 PM »
Being Away From Keyboard shouldnt be an issue when your using a wheel. Its good to see drivers of all levels here and no matter how fast or slow someone is they can still have fun and its good to have the odd barely mobile chicane  ;) out there too as long as it doesnt try to take you out.

I think if you stick with it Dick you will gain a bit of time, just need to try use more track and get into the apexes. Not sure if your still using the wheel settings but they should make it much easier to control the car.
Im sure many will be glad to help you and some may even teach you the proper lines not just messing with you like I was.

I'm in awe of you all tbh Marty.
And I appreciate all of you for any advice, good or bad lol. It's all been awesome actually. Putting it in to practice and repeating it is another thing. I'm having fun so all is good.

Got a bit rattled tonight, on the freejoin server. new car, new track, went around about 3 corners and gave up..
No no .. I did a few laps but I thought the lotus was a bit of a handful. And I'm still having troubles with Nurburgring so I should be learning that.

So I thought about wrecking everybody as they came around on lap 2. But thought nahhh... And logged.  :)

I'll be up for more lessons over the weekend, from anyone who's on. Don't be shy telling me if I'm in the wrong line, or wrong track even...

The wheel settings are awesome.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2014, 04:40:42 AM »
Which wheel settings are you using Marty?  I'm still using the original FFB preset for G27 from one of the first updates for AC.

Dick I plan to do a few laps Saturday morning if you want a few tips.  Although I've only ran a handful of laps so far with this car and track combo.

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2014, 07:14:04 AM »
Which wheel settings are you using Marty?  I'm still using the original FFB preset for G27 from one of the first updates for AC.

Dick I plan to do a few laps Saturday morning if you want a few tips.  Although I've only ran a handful of laps so far with this car and track combo.

Cheers guybrush. I'll see you on the track... at least I might learn something useful from you... opposed to your team mate.. :p

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2014, 09:28:08 AM »

you're from QLD guybrush? The crime capital of Australia? Not the bikies, the government!  :o

I'm a West Aussie. The only one here in this group I believe.

So my morning might be a bit later than yours.. In saying that, I do get up bloody early sometimes.

Online Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2014, 01:46:20 PM »
I'll be lappin' at intervals all through the weekend, can't say exactly when, depends when the beer kicks in :o, but I haven't done a lap yet so it'll be often. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2014, 02:20:24 PM »
I'll be lappin' at intervals all through the weekend, can't say exactly when, depends when the beer kicks in :o, but I haven't done a lap yet so it'll be often. ;)

Excellent Bacchulum! I'll be doing as much as I can too. and I'll appreciate any help!

I'm still 12 seconds off the WR so a bit of work to still do. I've been getting a new PB every 8-10 laps I suppose. i will need to be constantly reminded to use all the road. Especially entering a corner!
  Maybe Phil will also be around to stalk me and apply pressure. Even in practice I choke! lol

and now your comments have made me thirsty Bacchulum  :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal