Xtreme Gaming Network

Round 2: Imola Race Chat

Author Topic: Round 2: Imola Race Chat  (Read 71672 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Round 2: Imola Race Chat
« on: July 29, 2014, 11:26:23 PM »
11 and 14 laps.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline insomniac

• View Profile
Re: Round 2: Imola Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 10:15:42 AM »
Awesome track, WR is a 1.42.something? Got into the 46s last night after some practice with Marty going over lines and braking points and tweaking a nice setup. A good balance of downforce is definitely needed not to lose out on the straight but then keep the speed up though the twisty stuff and the suspension has to handle going over the curbs and bumps without bottoming out, I think I've found a happy medium with what little testing I've done.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 10:34:58 AM »
I've just realised that I'll be away for work next Tuesday night Wally, so someone can take my spot while I'm on the Gold Coast sitting by the pool ;)

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 10:38:14 AM »
I've just realised that I'll be away for work next Tuesday night Wally, so someone can take my spot while I'm on the Gold Coast sitting by the pool ;)

Can you still do a setup  ;D

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 10:41:33 AM »

Unfortunately I'm away this week as well, and haven't seen the Mrs in far too long (thanks to my AC addiction!) so I probably wont get a chance.

Offline insomniac

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 10:42:16 AM »

Play AC by ze pool? 4G could be more stable than your wifi :D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2014, 11:10:35 AM »
Thanks, OK.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2014, 11:17:29 AM »

Unfortunately I'm away this week as well, and haven't seen the Mrs in far too long (thanks to my AC addiction!) so I probably wont get a chance.

Haha sorry mate I was only joking  ;D See the Mrs and enjoy your holiday.

Rolz

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2014, 12:30:38 PM »
cool, can't wait...

might have to train crash the 2 setups I have from Guybrush from blackwood and silverstone...
have no idea so it'll be a frankenstein setup...  :P

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2014, 12:55:28 PM »
I reckon pretty much stick with your Silverstone setup and just tweak wings to taste. You'll probably have to raise the ride height quite high too to cope with the kerbs here (and maybe fast dampers to ride them better - reduce them a bit so they absorb big impacts better).

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2014, 01:01:24 PM »

Play AC by ze pool? 4G could be more stable than your wifi :D

This is very true, maybe get the misses to run some laps.

I will actually be at the snow so no chilling by the pool but will be back tuesday nite, assuming no broken bones I should be good to go. Unfortunatly on a snowboard I am a bit different to when I drive I dont know how to hold back and always push way beyond my talent levels, hope the snow is soft to handle my epic wipeouts. Was fun in Whistler falling in powder but Icey slurpee snow isnt as nice to land on after a massively failed jump.

I will try run some laps over the next few nights and will post a setup, will be tougher to pass if everyone else uses my redbull style setup though. Main thing I learned is that you need enough ground clearance or stiff enough springs to not bottom out at Aqua Minerali, my Silverstone setup was just scraping on entry but eventually it hit and the car jumped. May be quicker to just have a lower stiffer setup avoiding kerbs but last nite was trying to drive it GT3 style.

Should be a fun race as its much easier to make a mistake and so putting in a very clean lap is not easy in these cars for me atm. Should be a good few passing opportunities lap time wise I think hards should be good for 1:44's on low fuel but I doubt I will get much more pace out of the softs. Maybe I will try mediums for qualy as the softs and me arent on very good terms in these cars.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2014, 01:38:17 PM »
Conventional wisdom for Imola is that you have to use the kerbs.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2014, 02:17:17 PM »
Conventional wisdom for Imola is that you have to use the kerbs.
True, but I usually recall my friend Sambo (who raced in FF and now in the carrera cup) - he said he enjoys the tin-tops more because in the FF you just can't touch the curbs.  This is sortof true with this car, too.  It's so light that curb-running is a very dangerous exercise, and there's not even damage yet.

Btw I've seen some red damage indicators pop up on my screen when I took some curbs too hard.  So I'm sure it'll be much tougher in the future. :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2014, 02:35:12 PM »
True - I am really looking forward to more and more damage being implemented, forcing you to drive the car with more care, and more realistically. Mechanical damage, suspension damage... so you can't just flog the hell out of it and chuck it over any kerb you want. So long as it is reasonable and doesn't become a massive exercise in frustration.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2014, 03:54:23 PM »
It'll certainly "curb" my creative lines :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal