Xtreme Gaming Network

ACC Fun Run - Dec 15 - GT3 @ Nurburgring

Author Topic: ACC Fun Run - Dec 15 - GT3 @ Nurburgring  (Read 9081 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
ACC Fun Run - Dec 15 - GT3 @ Nurburgring
« on: December 09, 2020, 10:24:01 AM »
Let's have a fun run at Nurburgring with a day time race that likely has light rain, and then a dry, night time race. You can drive any GT3 car of your choice.

To find the server, search for XGNACC. It has the usual password. Make sure you have selected GT3 only servers.

The server is currently set up with 15 min qual and 30 min race sessions. It is set up to have a reasonable chance of light rain (weather is random, within certain parameters, in ACC). Make sure you know how to turn your lights and wipers on.

If you jump on the server, you can type "/admin theusualpassword" into the chat box to become an admin, and then "/next" to go to the next session (you might have to wait a few seconds for the session to change).

Race format
Each race is a 30 min sprint with no pit stops. The race starts in a shortened formation lap (i.e. starting just before the last corner). You need to stay in double line formation until the green flag, at a speed of 70 kmh.

Tips
The optimal tyre pressure is between 27 and 28 PSI for the slicks (and about 30 for the wets). Most people opt for something close to 28. Very roughly, you need to add 0.1 PSI for every 1° it gets colder.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
Re: ACC Fun Run - Dec 15 - GT3 @ Nurburgring
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2020, 12:01:10 AM »
Is the new Merc and Ferrari available as well?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2020, 07:12:14 AM »
Is the new Merc and Ferrari available as well?
Probably. The server is simply set to "GT3".
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2020, 07:00:35 PM »
Sorry but won't be making it tonight as I am away.
See you next week. 😁

Offline ab156

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2020, 09:48:08 PM »
Yeah - sorry I missed this, had a zoom meeting go way longer than it need to.....

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2020, 10:13:02 PM »
I had to leave the second race, poor old PC doesn't look like she can handle the night, very stuttery.

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2020, 10:35:52 PM »
Here are some results.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2020, 09:39:54 AM »
Was good fun even though I always seem to suck at ACC. I got better by the 2nd race and had some good fun with AGK

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2020, 10:36:22 AM »
Was good fun even though I always seem to suck at ACC. I got better by the 2nd race and had some good fun with AGK
Have you got the 3090 running yet Joe?
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2020, 10:55:00 AM »
It was good fun trying to find a way past AGK (as usual, we always seem to end up close) in the Joe/AGK/Wally train. Joe said passing seems hard, but it can be done with patience.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2020, 11:43:51 AM »
It was good fun trying to find a way past AGK (as usual, we always seem to end up close) in the Joe/AGK/Wally train. Joe said passing seems hard, but it can be done with patience.

Yeah race 1 I did pass AGK getting a better run out of the final turn, slipstream and then under braking into T1. Race 2 he passed me while I was talking to Mael and didnt even know he was there haha, then I did get him back when he had a small wobble. After you lost it Wally I was right on his tail till the end of the race which was great fun but no real way to make a clean pass.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2020, 11:49:28 AM »

NO ROOO!!! Have you?

My power supply appeared DOA, it powered up for a few mins, turned off and wouldn't turn on again. I sent it back to MWave and they spent several days testing it with no issues at all! Don't get it. They said I could have a refund, but with a minimum 20% restock fee, or they could send it back to me. I'm not paying a fee for something I know didn't work for me, so it's onboard due back to me today. Just hope it's magically fixed itself!

Had the 3090 sitting in the box for 2 weeks now....

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2020, 01:02:49 PM »

NO ROOO!!! Have you?

My power supply appeared DOA, it powered up for a few mins, turned off and wouldn't turn on again. I sent it back to MWave and they spent several days testing it with no issues at all! Don't get it. They said I could have a refund, but with a minimum 20% restock fee, or they could send it back to me. I'm not paying a fee for something I know didn't work for me, so it's onboard due back to me today. Just hope it's magically fixed itself!

Had the 3090 sitting in the box for 2 weeks now....
What a tale of woe :'(. Did you test the PS with your existing GPU?

I pick my GPU and PS from Post Office today, hope to install over the weekend.
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2020, 01:13:47 PM »
Don't some psu's and or motherboards have an over current protection that resets itself afterwards? Might have been something like that, the big ol' 3090 could have tripped it from a power spike. You can also disable that shit in the mobo bios too if was that.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2020, 02:57:01 PM »
Don't some psu's and or motherboards have an over current protection that resets itself afterwards? Might have been something like that, the big ol' 3090 could have tripped it from a power spike. You can also disable that shit in the mobo bios too if was that.

Yeah I suspect now that one of the modular cables was loose which put it into some sort of failsafe mode for a while. It came back today so I'll try it all later

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal