Xtreme Gaming Network

S22R4: German Grand Prix Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S22R4: German Grand Prix Post-Race Chat  (Read 8540 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S22R4: German Grand Prix Post-Race Chat
« on: May 29, 2018, 06:18:24 PM »
Matthew and Kcender emerge from an intense battle to the line to take 1 and 2 on the podium with Jeremy a little way back in 3rd.

RACE RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS
SEASON STATS

Round Points
Matthew111   45
Kcender87   38
Jeremy   32
Phil.8   27
Bacchulum   23
Shayne   20
RussG   18
Wally   17
Doobs   16
Keith   15
Dave O   14
Freezer   13
Mael   12
Rob   11
Seanus   0
Shaun Field   0

Congratulations to Matthew on pole and the win.

Penalties
None. Very few contacts at all the whole race.

Season Podium
With Matthew and Kcender finishing 1 and 2, and previous season leader Phil finishing 4th, Matthew and Kcender are now tied for the season lead.
1. Kcender87 + Matthew, 121
2. Phil.8, 117
3. Jeremy, 96
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 10:19:34 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline GT VIRUS

• View Profile
Re: S22R4: German Grand Prix Post-Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 08:52:16 PM »
Tyre Pressure Engineer caused my game to crash as I left the GP circuit :(

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 09:58:17 PM »
Tyre Pressure Engineer caused my game to crash as I left the GP circuit :(
Strange - do you have a py_log.txt that you can zip up and attach? I used it all the way around here OK.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2018, 10:06:15 PM »
pretty mega race had kcender and jeremy at the start all over my ass for the whole race pretty much lol, was interesting the cars were very different i ran low aero and kcender must of had high because he was all over me in the turns but i managed to hold him off down the straight, had a lot of good side by side stuff, felt bad when he went off down the fast left hander after the long straight, i was on the inside of the turn so had to brake earlier than normal to get the car stable on the tighter line and i think that caught kcender out. But he came back and then the last lap we had a good run again right down to the last turn, i got a little tap that sent me sideways on the exit so kcender got a small run on me and we were looking to go side by side, but somehow came together over the bump entering the gp circuit, i assume his car skipped out over it as we were fairly close, mine stayed straight i felt, i was trying to squeeze him to the wall so he would go the long way around lol but not to be would have been a photo finish.
do you even motorsports?

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2018, 10:14:21 PM »
good to learn the track, was like a win to me finishing :) hit a wall first lap which made front wing red and a lap or so later hit somewhere else which made rear and side all red, which actually balanced the car a bit but had no grip and was down a lot of speed on the straight, pissed off at myself for letting Jeremy through on the last lap, but what can you do :)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 10:29:52 PM by Phil.8 »
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2018, 10:14:37 PM »
Well one of those races where you practice, practice, practice and then in the race a corner unexpectedly bites for no apparent reason.
I'm talking about the hump where you lift the front wheels in the first part of the lap!  For some reason, when I went over the car moved left, onto the grass
then into the wall taking out the ENGINE!!  Escaped back to the pits and run the race on my own hoping to catch some back markers but it wasn't to be.
I was one of the very few who ran softs.  Plan being that there might be damage  requiring a pit stop, so why not get tyres as well.  I ran five laps on the first set
and they were hanging in pretty well and threw on the 2nd set to run it home.
Disappointing to crash out as the car felt pretty competitive around everyone on hards . . but it wasn't to be.

Bad luck to my team mate Mael who disconnected for I think the third time this season .... !!! :( :(

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2018, 10:19:48 PM »
Results are up.

Offline kcender87

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2018, 10:21:37 PM »
pretty mega race had kcender and jeremy at the start all over my ass for the whole race pretty much lol, was interesting the cars were very different i ran low aero and kcender must of had high because he was all over me in the turns but i managed to hold him off down the straight, had a lot of good side by side stuff, felt bad when he went off down the fast left hander after the long straight, i was on the inside of the turn so had to brake earlier than normal to get the car stable on the tighter line and i think that caught kcender out. But he came back and then the last lap we had a good run again right down to the last turn, i got a little tap that sent me sideways on the exit so kcender got a small run on me and we were looking to go side by side, but somehow came together over the bump entering the gp circuit, i assume his car skipped out over it as we were fairly close, mine stayed straight i felt, i was trying to squeeze him to the wall so he would go the long way around lol but not to be would have been a photo finish.

Best race I can remember having - I was literally having to look between your wing and the top wishbones to see the corners I was that far under you gearbox for most of the race :P awesome race. I have 7f 5r wings in an attempt to minimise scrub and save the tires but it meant if i wasnt under your rear wing under the gantry onto the straight then you would get about 10 car lengths on me.

The rest of the race makes up for the last 50 metres - lets just blame the Germans for building the pit wall there :P

If anyone has a replay i can steal for viewing pleasure and personal James Hunt make believe sessions that would also be magic :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2018, 10:24:43 PM »
I clouted the barriers a few times of my own accord, but nothing too major, but it did give me some aero damage, which I reckon shaved a few k's off my top speed down the straight. Apart from a few minor impacts, I survived well and got into a nice rhythm by the end.
The best racing was the close early laps around Russ and Keith, trading a few positions due to mistakes. I finished with comfortable gaps to Russ in front and Doobs behind, so no pressure.

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2018, 10:29:49 PM »
I clouted the barriers a few times of my own accord, but nothing too major, but it did give me some aero damage, which I reckon shaved a few k's off my top speed down the straight. Apart from a few minor impacts, I survived well and got into a nice rhythm by the end.
The best racing was the close early laps around Russ and Keith, trading a few positions due to mistakes. I finished with comfortable gaps to Russ in front and Doobs behind, so no pressure.
I was chasing you earlier after hitting the barriers and getting wing damage. I was catching you too, until the front suspension just broke and put me into the wall. I had to pit and lost a ton of time.
That was worth the wait, it was fun racing on a great circuit.

I finally put a decent lap in on the last one to leave me happy...ish.

Online rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2018, 10:34:32 PM »
Sorry to quit guys. PC had a bit of a stutter at one stage and that was all I needed to lose control and clout the wall, resulting in aero damage all round. One lap later the PC/game locked up and it was game over. Shame, as I was really enjoying the racing up until then. Did a PB during practice, so happy with that.

Never mind, there is always next week to look forward to.

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2018, 05:47:35 PM »

Best race I can remember having - I was literally having to look between your wing and the top wishbones to see the corners I was that far under you gearbox for most of the race :P awesome race. I have 7f 5r wings in an attempt to minimise scrub and save the tires but it meant if i wasnt under your rear wing under the gantry onto the straight then you would get about 10 car lengths on me.

The rest of the race makes up for the last 50 metres - lets just blame the Germans for building the pit wall there :P

If anyone has a replay i can steal for viewing pleasure and personal James Hunt make believe sessions that would also be magic :)

Haha yeah i believe it good effort, you were damn close for most the laps! I had 4f 3r i knew from past experience around nords that hp is king as passing here can be hard unless you get a good run down the straights. Was a bit sketchy on the tyres and the last few laps there wasnt much left in the tyre with all the low aero sliding but i knew if i kept it clean in the turns and not missed any gears i should be ok but it was bloody hard especially when im watching the mirrors most the time lol
do you even motorsports?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2018, 10:47:41 PM »

Here you go: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RrsWeXx40CYAOua-9nMAotCIuGe9OeYx
I watched a bit of your chase of Matthew. Mesmerising stuff :)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2018, 11:28:57 AM »
Lucked out a bit in this race.
For 5 laps I had Mael within about 3 sec keeping the pressure on.
Unfortunately a disco on his behalf ended that battle but it was lucky for me.  :-\
Within seconds of his disco I lost power, subsequent investigation shows my throttle was only reaching 72%. :o
I drove like hell to compensate but still lost around 20 sec on lap 6 & 30 sec on lap 7 but I had enough of a gap to hold on.

Happy with a clean race, no off track excursions and no damage (apart from gearbox). ;D

2+2=√16

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2018, 11:07:37 PM »
Just watched the replay, you're a better man than me, kcender. :-X

2+2=√16

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal