Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 3 round 3: Castle Hill Long race chat

Author Topic: Season 3 round 3: Castle Hill Long race chat  (Read 47011 times)

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
Re: Season 3 round 3: Castle Hill Long race chat
« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2014, 10:45:40 AM »
Well, it was an interesting night.  I was never going to hold onto the Elise's in my little (big?) Z4, but it was fun trying to get as much as I could out of it to keep up with Wally and co. while fending off Freezer.

Still, I was happy with my efforts as most qualifying and race laps were around my PB taking into account fuel loads and tyres... but still over a second slower than Marty.  There is no easy way to bring everyone together without ballast so I'm happy to be mixing it with a few others, even if it means the championship isn't viable for me.

Overall it was a fun night.  The first race I was on my own pretty much, separated by a bit to the car in front and behind, so that was uneventful.  The second race I was behind Wally for most of it but couldn't past as I just didn't have the speed into/through/out of the corners or the brakes to try a move.  Eventually Freezer got right behind me and I had to defend the big boy for the last couple of laps.  That was fun.  The third race Wally was on my tail, a little bit behind, but I felt I had to defend into the corner after the wiggly bit due to the braking difference between the cars, but I went a bit long which let him past and I had no hope of catching him after that.

Overall I think I passed only 1 car on track over all of the 3 races, but still had fun.  It would be good if we could find another set of cars with similar performance differences for next season and do the same thing.

Oh, and I quite like Dicks skins.  I knew straight away what kind of car was in front or behind me just from the colour.  Good work Dick.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2014, 11:03:12 AM »
Well, it was an interesting night.  I was never going to hold onto the Elise's in my little (big?) Z4, but it was fun trying to get as much as I could out of it to keep up with Wally and co. while fending off Freezer.

Still, I was happy with my efforts as most qualifying and race laps were around my PB taking into account fuel loads and tyres... but still over a second slower than Marty.  There is no easy way to bring everyone together without ballast so I'm happy to be mixing it with a few others, even if it means the championship isn't viable for me.

Overall it was a fun night.  The first race I was on my own pretty much, separated by a bit to the car in front and behind, so that was uneventful.  The second race I was behind Wally for most of it but couldn't past as I just didn't have the speed into/through/out of the corners or the brakes to try a move.  Eventually Freezer got right behind me and I had to defend the big boy for the last couple of laps.  That was fun.  The third race Wally was on my tail, a little bit behind, but I felt I had to defend into the corner after the wiggly bit due to the braking difference between the cars, but I went a bit long which let him past and I had no hope of catching him after that.

Overall I think I passed only 1 car on track over all of the 3 races, but still had fun.  It would be good if we could find another set of cars with similar performance differences for next season and do the same thing.

Oh, and I quite like Dicks skins.  I knew straight away what kind of car was in front or behind me just from the colour.  Good work Dick.

Only you could be capable of driving the Z4 so well I think Guybrush. sure Marty would have a go but I think the Z4 is a like a penalty for being too quick! I wouldn't write off your season's result so fast. Surely others will get the Z4 and you can get pretty quick in a SC.
  Well, I know it's black magic and voodoo that Wally uses. I hear he sacrifices a Robin Reliant every Tuesday at midnight. But surely you wouldn't get the Z4 two weeks in a row??

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2014, 01:04:03 PM »
Was a fun night the handicaps worked quite well with most within a couple seconds for qualy and race pace. Had a couple good battles with Mopz the first 2 races driving the wheels off it to hang on and we had a couple passes in race 2 but I finished just behind him in both.

Race 3 Mopz didnt do qualy but Bird had found some more pace by then and so he pressured me all the way. I think I got a bit burned out the first 2 races and I struggled to maintain concentration on race 3 with the second half of my race getting quite messy. Bird was throwing down some good laps and I was struggling but managed to just hang on. Lucky I had such a great start in race 3 as if Bird git the lead early I may never have got by which is a shame for him.

Good effort by all around me as there was no contact but some close racing especialy with mopz as we were side by side a couple times through t1 and the esses.

Guy did a great job in the little big kitty machine, I found that car to be about 1.5 seconds slower then the elise sc for me and as Guy is normally about .5 a lap faster then me I still had about a second on him in ultimate pace. Next round will give the faster cars in a straight line a bit more of a boost and so spice up the racing a bit more. Actually the last 3 rounds will be like this with a few longer straights and this was about the only track that really favoured the nimble little lotuses quite a bit over the larger cars.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2014, 01:31:20 PM »
Well done Dick, it may be a daunting task, but great experience.  As always a good race report.

"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2014, 03:11:35 PM »
An eventful night.  I qualified around 6th for each race which I was happy with.
R1: Managed to avoid some early carnage to find myself behind Ysu in 4th but after a few laps I put a wheel on the grass and spun into the tight chicane and from there held on to about 8th.
R2: I was right under the back of Guy heading for the quick esses when bang, there seemed to be a spike and cars went everywhere which unfortunately put me back to about 18th.  From there I grabbed a couple of spots and had a great last few laps putting some heat on Guy, but he held on.
R3:  A bit more consistent in this one chasing Wally and Guy but not able to get by.
Apologies to Schmittez whom I tagged after getting a better run out of the 2nd last turn and spun him in one of the races.

Offline Vipergod

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2014, 08:19:20 PM »
Race 3 i had major lag issues,  I caused 2 bad incidents very sorry for that
Until i can fix my issues i will pull out of this season
Again, very sorry to Dav o and Grubbet i think it was

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2014, 08:24:09 PM »
I wouldn't worry about it Viper. Blame the netcode. There are a lot of randomly jumping cars, like the bad old days of the old netKar. I forbid you from pulling out.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2014, 09:11:06 PM »

It was also a modded track. and it causes everyone troubles.
 My game also crashed and I also took out Daveo... and I hope Grubbet too! lol
Don't quit the season yet.. I don't think I've run into you enough Viper!

Offline Schmittez

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2014, 09:30:55 PM »
Apologies to Schmittez whom I tagged after getting a better run out of the 2nd last turn and spun him in one of the races.

It's all good, I also had lifted a touch because the front end started to slide a bit which didn't help the situation.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2014, 09:58:44 PM »
Hang in there Viper, many of us saw lag problems that night...!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal