Xtreme Gaming Network

S25R1: SunBank 24 at Daytona Road Course

Author Topic: S25R1: SunBank 24 at Daytona Road Course  (Read 62223 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S25R1: SunBank 24 at Daytona Road Course
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2018, 11:29:58 AM »
Sorry, I forgot about starting the race with a full tank - doh  :o !
Your pitstop strategy is going to be interesting ;)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2018, 12:52:05 PM »
Sorry, I forgot about starting the race with a full tank - doh  :o !
Your pitstop strategy is going to be interesting ;)

First to T1 wins the race  ;D

Offline ab156

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2018, 05:05:23 PM »
OK, Daytona is a tricky track to balance fuel because of it's high speed, and the cars have very different fuel economies. The other two-stop races are easier to work out as 2 stoppers.

What I'm going to have to do here is make the fuel multiplier 1.8x, and make a rule that everybody has to pit twice (as some cars will be able to do it in 1 stop). You have to do something in the stop - add some fuel, change tyres, or both.

I look forward to cutting out some of the corners on the tighter tracks to take away the short tail advantage  :P

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2018, 05:09:57 PM »
You seen the track list ab?
What tighter tracks? :P

2+2=√16

Offline ab156

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2018, 05:23:25 PM »
Sure have.  A season of 2 halves. Should be fun.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2018, 05:26:09 PM »
i do hope others tracks make a difference with these cars. joining tonight knowing I have zero chance of keeping up with a c9 or long tail does seem a little pointless

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2018, 05:39:54 PM »
i do hope others tracks make a difference with these cars. joining tonight knowing I have zero chance of keeping up with a c9 or long tail does seem a little pointless
A bit like 70% of the F1 field. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2018, 06:16:46 PM »
Tonight is really the odd one out. They are all tracks from the real season though ('86).

And... Server's up.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2018, 06:25:45 PM »

And sometimes its about beating teams/cars with similar speeds, and not necessarily for the win. But saying that even in the disadvantaged cars if you stay out of trouble and finish with a live gearbox you will be at the pointy end of the field  ;D

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2018, 10:30:09 PM »
Tonight is really the odd one out. They are all tracks from the real season though ('86).

And... Server's up.
Got belted on the big straights in the shorty, but was getting properly held up in the tight stuff so looking forward to the twisty tracks. :)

Offline kcender87

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2018, 11:02:20 PM »
Good fun but my arms are mush from holding on through that banking :P

managed to soft soft soft the stints (just) and kept the shed straight. From the times in traffic on the road section I think the more traditional tracks later in the season should be really interesting racing :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2018, 11:07:47 PM »
Results are up in the first post.
I have adjusted my final position up by 2 places (finishing 34 laps instead of 32). I lost two laps on two separate occasions when I spun at the bus stop onto the grass, which somehow failed to register as a lap both times, thinking I had done a single 3:50 lap instead of two individual laps. I checked everyone else's lap times, and I couldn't find any other dropped laps - let me know if you think something was fishy with your position as well.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2018, 11:13:36 PM »
[Penalties
Grat ran into the back of Keith on the opening lap, causing him to leave the track, and gets a 15 second post-race penalty in the next round.
Wally: I take your judgement. But if the rule is stay on your side for 1st 2 corners, then I am the only one who did that and the only one who got cut out and.... penalized(!?!?!)
Since it is not the first time it happens to me, I'll make sure I'll stop respecting this rule from now on and zig-zag right and left like those I crashed with ;)

I am half-joking, but not completely: I kept wide the whole first corner and tight the whole second corner. When we touch I am there, on the inside curb. Keith and Jeremy go long and wide and then cut back to the inside without looking if there is somebody there. What was I supposed to do?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2018, 11:30:14 PM »
I just watched again, and in my judgement, the penalty stands. You came from a fair way back behind Keith, who was on the racing line past the apex by that stage (and not zig-zagging by any stretch of the imagination!), and you put the power down from the apex and ran into the back corner of Keith. The side by side rule for the opening corners is primarily to stop people from moving sideways across the track into the unsighted car next to them. You had plenty of visibility of where Keith was and what he was doing, and you could also argue that where you hit was turn 4, not 2 ;)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2018, 11:32:30 PM »
Also, notice that I'm going to do opening lap penalties as a 15 second post-race time penalty for the next round instead of ballast. It's just too hard to find a fair amount of ballast for each of the 4 cars that fairly penalises them all.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal