Xtreme Gaming Network

A little graphical tweak: reduce fog

Author Topic: A little graphical tweak: reduce fog  (Read 5319 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
A little graphical tweak: reduce fog
« on: January 04, 2015, 10:47:42 PM »
It seems the fog is pretty heavy-handed in AC. A lot of the distant hills like at Mugello end up just looking like green silhouettes. You can edit C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\weather1.ini to change this line:

BLEND=5

to

BLEND=1.2

This shows a little detail in the distant hills, and I reckon it looks better, on tracks like Mugello and Magione and so on.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Rolz

Re: A little graphical tweak: reduce fog
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 12:39:52 PM »
notice any impact in FPS?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 12:47:56 PM »
Nope.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 05:54:28 PM »
It seems the fog is pretty heavy-handed in AC. A lot of the distant hills like at Mugello end up just looking like green silhouettes. You can edit C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\weather1.ini to change this line:

BLEND=5

to

BLEND=1.2

This shows a little detail in the distant hills, and I reckon it looks better, on tracks like Mugello and Magione and so on.
Looked at the file in mine and it says it should be between 0 and 1.  It was set at .82.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2015, 06:32:19 PM »

BLEND=5

to

BLEND=1.2

Looked at the file in mine and it says it should be between 0 and 1.  It was set at .82.

Hmmmm... that's different. Have you done a steam game integrity check for a while? I've done one not all that long ago.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal