Xtreme Gaming Network

S20R7: Laguna Seca Post Race

Author Topic: S20R7: Laguna Seca Post Race  (Read 18527 times)

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
Re: S20R7: Laguna Seca Post Race
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2018, 07:33:26 PM »
if that was 100% my fault I give up racing you ,  you give no room ever and along with a few others I have learnt my lesson and will not race you anymore, if I see you near me I will pull over and let you go, as  I do with Grat, unfortunately he decided to barge pass in the dipper thing b4 I could let him go this race, In hindsight I should of know better and let him past up the hill
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 07:41:09 PM by Phil.8 »
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2018, 07:53:00 PM »
if that was 100% my fault I give up racing you ,  you give no room ever and along with a few others I have learnt my lesson and will not race you anymore, if I see you near me I will pull over and let you go, as  I do with Grat, unfortunately he decided to barge pass in the dipper thing b4 I could let him go this race, In hindsight I should of know better and let him past up the hill

hmm, did you watch the replay?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2018, 08:03:07 PM »
[youtube]bYx7fHNgms0[/youtube]
It looks pretty lineball to me. Side to side contacts are always the hardest to avoid. I would call this a racing incident. Killagorilla had nowhere to go in the corner, but Phil could have gone wider. Killagorilla could have backed off coming into the corner, but why should he? He had his nose in front.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline kcender87

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2018, 08:07:14 PM »
Thanks for a great season guys and to Wally for keeping it all up and running and together each week!

The BM was good fun and kept things interesting - Wally do you want like direct deposit details for the prize money is it is like a cheque in the mail sorta thing?
What - your name on a virtual trophy isn't enough? :)

Lol - i only just stumbled onto the trophy thread - thats awesome :) great season thanks again man

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2018, 08:31:35 PM »
Congrats to kcender on the season, his runs in the reverse grids were awesome!

qual didnt get the lap together, was on a good one at the end but stuffed it at the 2nd last turn so finished 4th where i stayed all race 1 with mael on my tail was a good pressure battle, i decided to switch to hard tyres for the race since i saw some overheating in qual. This was a bad move couldnt get any heat in the tyres and my pressures were too low so race 1 was a struggle for pace.

Race 2: Had some good battles on the way to a surprising 3rd, avoided being in the wrong place at the wrong time which helps lol.

Race 3: Enjoyed this race as simple as it was lol, Again went hard tyres since the track temps were higher so i figured it would work also had the pressure right this time and the tyres worked well, i thought the extra heat would hurt kcender on the mediums but it didnt seem to despite the pace being pretty quick and consistent, was a good battle to the finish with the gap between 1 and 2 secs all race at qual pace lol nobody blinked so was cool :)
do you even motorsports?

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2018, 10:36:42 PM »
[youtube]bYx7fHNgms0[/youtube]
It looks pretty lineball to me. Side to side contacts are always the hardest to avoid. I would call this a racing incident. Killagorilla had nowhere to go in the corner, but Phil could have gone wider. Killagorilla could have backed off coming into the corner, but why should he? He had his nose in front.
Sorry Phil, gotta go with Killa on this one.

2+2=√16

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2018, 10:45:32 PM »
Its ok, I may be wrong this time, don't watch replays, so no I have not see it, all I know is that every week I have an accident with you and yet others I can do laps side by side, and am sick of it and as I like clean racing and could not give a shit about results I am not going to bother been near you on track, simply solved !
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 10:49:16 PM by Phil.8 »

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2018, 10:52:21 PM »
Its ok, I may be wrong this time, don't watch replays, so no I have not see it, all I know is that every week I have an accident with you and yet others I can do laps side by side, and am sick of it and as I like clean racing and could not give a shit about results I am not going to bother been near you on track, simply solved !
Maybe it's just like Mael and myself.
I see him race cleanly with others, I've raced cleanly with yourself amongst others, but whenever we're near each other there seems to be contact.
Who knows why. :-\ :-X

2+2=√16

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2018, 11:05:24 PM »
I think its vastly different mindsets and styles, at the time I said to myself why didn't he back off and taken the corner tighter so there is no chance of us coming together, anyway that's what I would of done and probably lost a position, but we would both still be racing,  not just take the corner as normal and drive merrily up the middle of the track, I play the game as its my car I don't want to dent or smash, I guess I have to accept not everyone plays like that
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 11:14:07 PM by Phil.8 »

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2018, 11:12:20 PM »
Also I value everyone's input, saves me watching the replay, which I cant see anyway, its just a blank post for me, and am happy to say sorry for blaming killagorilla on discord, but I still think we could of given each other more room

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2018, 11:34:55 PM »
I think its vastly different mindsets and styles, at the time I said to myself why didn't he back off and taken the corner tighter so there is no chance of us coming together, anyway that's what I would of done and probably lost a position, but we would both still be racing,  not just take the corner as normal and drive merrily up the middle of the track, I play the game as its my car I don't want to dent or smash, I guess I have to accept not everyone plays like that

Mate, we were both going through this turn rather slowly. If you were able to watch the replay you would see the difference in speed between us in reference to I think it's Grat behind us. He was gaining big time there. That proves that I was not going full speed through this turn, but rather cautiously in order to give you space. My left wheels were on the kerb btw.
I understand it is useless discussing that with you as you have a different perception of what happened there and before at Okayama.
In this series there were 3 situations where you were running bluntly into the back of me. The way I see it, what you were doing at Okayama was pretty brutal.
I've certainly made mistakes myself during this series, but as far as I know or remember it were others suffering from that and not really you.
Btw. just a few laps before in this race we were going side by side through 3 or 4 turns without contact...yeah, what can I say...you do whatever you gotta do
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 11:37:33 PM by killagorilla »

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2018, 12:18:45 AM »
I see him race cleanly with others, I've raced cleanly with yourself amongst others, but whenever we're near each other there seems to be contact.

Can't be my fault  ;D

In all seriousness, I knew I was taking a huge risk with the pass on the last corner and that it would likely end in tears. But I also took into account that the contact would be at low speed and that both of us were unlikely to loose any positions. So sort of contact on purpose with a faint hope of it maybe working. In general I'm not against contact as long as all drivers involve stays on the track, it is part of tin top racing (big no no if open wheel cars).

I enjoy racing against Bacchulum,  always makes you work for a pass. The Thursday contacts i blame on the cars, barely in control when going in a straight line  :o

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2018, 07:19:28 AM »
you give no room ever and along with a few others I have learnt my lesson and will not race you anymore, if I see you near me I will pull over and let you go, as  I do with Grat, unfortunately he decided to barge pass in the dipper thing b4 I could let him go this race, In hindsight I should of know better and let him past up the hill
Are you saying you normally just "pull over and let me go"? That's pretty sad. I always liked racing with you because we often have similar speed. Now I know I should not bother. :(

I don't know what's going on, but this forum seems to get more negative every day. I think we already lost some good contributors and racers in the past year or so. Of course the blame is also on them (some have a pretty weird character), but this was the first season I remember people really fighting on discord/teamspeak. I am not sure why, but I do not like that.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2018, 08:07:54 AM »
I don't know what's going on, but this forum seems to get more negative every day. I think we already lost some good contributors and racers in the past year or so. Of course the blame is also on them (some have a pretty weird character), but this was the first season I remember people really fighting on discord/teamspeak. I am not sure why, but I do not like that.
We have to keep a good balance between healthy discussion and getting too personal or heated about it.

The human mind is a funny, deeply flawed thing. It's inner dialogue probably goes like this while you're on track: "There's that guy that always hits me. I bet he's going to hit me now. He's going to squeeze me off the track, I just know it..." *BANG*
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2018, 08:09:35 AM »

Can't be my fault  ;D

In all seriousness, I knew I was taking a huge risk with the pass on the last corner and that it would likely end in tears. But I also took into account that the contact would be at low speed and that both of us were unlikely to loose any positions. So sort of contact on purpose with a faint hope of it maybe working. In general I'm not against contact as long as all drivers involve stays on the track, it is part of tin top racing (big no no if open wheel cars).

I enjoy racing against Bacchulum,  always makes you work for a pass. The Thursday contacts i blame on the cars, barely in control when going in a straight line  :o
I knew you had no chance, so I intentionally left the door wide open, just to tease you. ;D :P

2+2=√16

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal