Xtreme Gaming Network

Salzburgring - post race chat...

Author Topic: Salzburgring - post race chat...  (Read 11545 times)

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
Salzburgring - post race chat...
« on: August 22, 2014, 01:35:46 PM »
Enjoyed the racing last night, I wished I hadn't got caught up in the couple of accidents, but did enjoy the car, plenty of value.

Night 1 with 12 racers fronting up made a nice size field for the inaugural Thursday Nights' Fun Runs.  The Shelby Cup has some points assigned to it, (Ionly need to get the results!, I have one screenshot only and have no logs. Next week's upgrade). So who ever can provide the places I would appreciate it...

I know, I know, I can hear it already...  ;D

Pre race one, with 3 minutes to go I do a radical change to the setup, not the worst thing concidering I also drained the tank to try for abetter time...
I do like the advantage of getting back to the pits and being able to change from an impossible, (read "stupid"), setup and at least be able to continue on.  Next time I will cross the start/finish line, then escape to the pits to remove the lost lap.

Now some one ended up in the pits too, from the start! I think it ...? If you can be on team speak, we would all be happy to restart the race under those circumstances, it is really disappointing being so close and missing out the race.

Race 2 saw me catching a few, smashing, catching a few... but enjoyed the experience.  Now with the server at least easier to configure/run for next week I think i can concentrate on the races more...

You may have noticed, we are now going to be racing at Goodwood, an change of tracks.  I think this is more suited to the cars and the event.
Sign ups will remain as they are, with the current numbers, the reserves will remain on the grid unless pushed out by a perm commitment by new racers.

Hope you all enjoyed as much as I did. Thanks for being part of the event. Thanks for the preparation assistance too.

Bruce.

Ps I have a batch file written up to a log, but you didn't send me your batch file, could you do that when you have time please?
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
Re: Salzburgring - post race chat...
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 01:36:50 PM »
Did everyone get their correct skins? (or prophylactic depending on your 'mind')

Offline cramjet

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 01:45:49 PM »
I really enjoyed it, Bruce. Unfortunately the mrs doing her lesson plans was hammering the net so I had to bail out. Sucks given it was my best qualy ever! I seem to have some pace in these cars compared to the abarth... I heard talk of people struggling to hold slides etc but I can slide it all day long around those fast 3rd and 4th gear corners while keeping the pace up...so much fun! The fact that it's a bit more unruly leads to more mistakes and therefore more passing opportunities...more FUN!

Next week I'll just disable the wifi and say the net is down ;) Not missing out on any more of these races!

And yes I had the correct skin.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 01:51:06 PM »
It was a lot of fun. In race 1 I made lots of mistakes (i.e. spins) but in race 2 I tried to be more consistent and had no real dramas to come second. Favourite turn - the right hand sweeper at the end of the straight, with the rear end threatening to break loose at any moment.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 03:06:05 PM »
I really enjoyed it, Bruce. Unfortunately the mrs doing her lesson plans was hammering the net so I had to bail out. Sucks given it was my best qualy ever! I seem to have some pace in these cars compared to the abarth... I heard talk of people struggling to hold slides etc but I can slide it all day long around those fast 3rd and 4th gear corners while keeping the pace up...so much fun! The fact that it's a bit more unruly leads to more mistakes and therefore more passing opportunities...more FUN!

Next week I'll just disable the wifi and say the net is down ;) Not missing out on any more of these races!

And yes I had the correct skin.

Good new Cramjet, even as part of the pink bragade! Yep you seem to have the Cobra's measure, pity about the timing of your wife's use of the interweby, you are a braver man than me if your going to try that solution on your wife!
See you there.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 03:07:11 PM »
And welcome to d'arcwraith, glad you got along Brett. I noticed you left me in your dust, hopefully next week...

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 03:20:56 PM »
Pretty sure I won both races, cant remember the others as they were so far behind.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2014, 03:22:46 PM »

Next week I'll just disable the wifi and say the net is down

Read that as 'disable the wife'! might be a better, yet much more dangerous plan.

Had a great couple of races. These cobras are great fun. salzburgring is also a awesome track. would like to race on it with other cars as well.

I will make a few more 'spare' skins and post them and people can take their pick. if anyone has any favorite colour (as long as it is a pink colour!) let me know. Or give me clues as to what might be a suitable design. Like Bird would like Lorikeets. I can only assume he means the under 15's netball team....

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2014, 03:30:16 PM »
Great fun it was, I was a tad tired and sick but still enjoyed it.  The car is a real handful, so much more than the nkp version was...

I will make a few more 'spare' skins and post them and people can take their pick. if anyone has any favorite colour (as long as it is a pink colour!) let me know. Or give me clues as to what might be a suitable design. Like Bird would like Lorikeets. I can only assume he means the under 15's netball team....

errr....no I didn't.  I'd rather not try to create problems between xgn and the child protection agencies, so let's stick to 18+ if you're keen to put on girls instead of birds...but I'd really prefer the birds.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 03:31:47 PM by Bird »

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2014, 03:41:20 PM »
I'm quite happy with Hello Kitty, Dick.  It's particularly relevant for me as I was seeing a girl a few years back and went back to her place and she had a Hello Kitty doona on her bed.  She was older than her doona would suggest btw.

The more silly and funny, the better IMO.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2014, 03:43:54 PM »
Great fun it was, I was a tad tired and sick but still enjoyed it.  The car is a real handful, so much more than the nkp version was...

errr....no I didn't.  I'd rather not try to create problems between xgn and the child protection agencies, so let's stick to 18+ if you're keen to put on girls instead of birds...but I'd really prefer the birds.

Thanks for clearing that up Bird. I have no-idea what the child protection agency would cause problems? Is it illegal to support netball?? Unless you where thinking something else? Can you explain? :o

Pretty sure I won both races, cant remember the others as they were so far behind.

Shame you wern't there. Grats on having 3 hours of fine weather btw. We would have liked to have seen your My Little Pony skin on the track.
Guybrush almost rage-quit cause he didn't get his Hello Kitty car to start with.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2014, 04:02:45 PM »
Yeah. Great fun. Really works to have a second "fun" series using some of the older/slower cars. Hope Historix or P&G arrive on AC eventually.

I got some good results by not spinning :)

Also, highlight of the evening was passing Bird - not once but THREE TIMES. I am sure he will tell you that he passed me 3 times but that is NOT how I prefer to remember it ;)

Offline arc d'wraith

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2014, 06:36:02 PM »
thanks for the warm welcome, was a great night ... good racing and good laughs :)

surprised myself ... haven't been that competitive so far in AC, doesn't help that im spending more time in blender then driving lol

was expecting to take it easy down the back to avoid the frustration of spending more time off track then on it. grabbed Guybrush's setup before practice and it made all the difference, so I owe a huge thanks there ... had a beautiful balance and I ended up loving the sweeper, gently drifting though it.

very rarely get rostered or called in thursdays so im looking forward to racing this series

on that note, Wally ... you may as well clear me from tuesdays, so far even when I thought ive been clear to race its gone south 

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2014, 09:36:06 PM »
Tuesday's lose is Thursday's gain, see you next week.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 09:38:17 PM by Lemmy Caution »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal