Xtreme Gaming Network

S12R3: Misano Pre-Race Chat

Author Topic: S12R3: Misano Pre-Race Chat  (Read 14917 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S12R3: Misano Pre-Race Chat
« on: June 14, 2016, 11:02:55 PM »
This round we will be racing at what is probably a new track for many, Misano World Circuit in Italy.

TRACK DOWNLOAD

[youtube]7QViD7A7bM8[/youtube]

2 x 18 laps

Weather Foreacast (approx 24 degrees, mid clear)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline grat

• View Profile
Re: S12R3: Misano Pre-Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 11:10:31 PM »
Hi Wally,

I might miss this one. I give it a 50/50 chance. I am landing in Sydney on Tuesday early morning, but on a 3-legs trip from Philadelphia, so there is a good chance I might fall asleep and miss the race. In any case, I probably won't have time to practice, so you probably should hope I miss it, as otherwise you'll have me lapping half asleep and barely knowing the track...

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 11:31:17 PM »
Hi Wally,

I might miss this one. I give it a 50/50 chance. I am landing in Sydney on Tuesday early morning, but on a 3-legs trip from Philadelphia, so there is a good chance I might fall asleep and miss the race. In any case, I probably won't have time to practice, so you probably should hope I miss it, as otherwise you'll have me lapping half asleep and barely knowing the track...
No worries, Grat - enjoy your trip.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 11:37:01 PM »
Hi Wally,

No worries, Grat - enjoy your trip.
Hahaha,.. thank you---I love 24h trips in economy seats ;)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2016, 11:47:30 PM »
Server is up, another track I have never ran but I did see some races there on TV.

Bad luck Grat and 3 legs 24hr trip sounds like fun, when are you leaving as surely your not going to spend much time there as it takes 1 day to get there and another day to get back. Then dial in some nice jet lag which will take about 3 days to get over then you will fly back and get to deal with it again.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2016, 11:57:31 PM »
Leaving on Thursday morning and scheduled to get there on Thursday evening local time. Have a Friday of more intense work stuff followed by a Saturday of less intense work stuff but with probably plenty of beers with colleagues on both Friday and Saturday night. I hope I wake up in time to watch some football and the grand prix on Sunday morning and then catch up a flight around 3pm.

Thankfully the most relevant business I have to take care in the 48 hours after I get back should be racing with you guys, so I can hopefully rest a bit then.

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2016, 06:21:59 PM »
No excuses grat you dont need to prac lol just rock up and drive thats we roll at struggle street join the club and let every tuesday night be a surprise haha :P
do you even motorsports?

Offline Vipergod

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2016, 06:25:24 PM »
We ran this in Netkar ??

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2016, 10:36:07 PM »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2016, 10:44:04 PM »
First time ever on the track, I ran a few laps to learn the track then one race run. Lotus seems quite stable here using my Brands setup so I put it up again with just pressure changes so far. This must be a Tilke track as its very similar to Sepang F1 circuit so likely built around the same time, its actually quite fun to drive though in this car and seems way more stable then at brands. I put my setup in ptracker but probably a bit too much aero though it may be easier this way will just need to try some less later.

There isnt really any long straight with the fastest section still haveing 3 flat kinks which with less aero may need to slow for so possibly max front again and rear just for balance here. I think it takes about 10 laps to get the hang of the layout if youve never ran a lap but I think in these cars it should be quite fun here.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2016, 11:00:07 PM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misano_World_Circuit_Marco_Simoncelli

Original track is from the 60s, but it was heavily modified in 1993 and then again in 2006.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 11:01:39 PM by grat »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2016, 11:20:49 PM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misano_World_Circuit_Marco_Simoncelli

Original track is from the 60s, but it was heavily modified in 1993 and then again in 2006.

Kind of amazed the track is not a Tilke design and no mention of who made the circuit changes but he has no credit for it. Sepang was built in 1999 and possibly hosted motogp quite early on and this was likely used as inspiration at least it seems.

That was designed as a safer f1 circuit and sadly its also the place where Marco Simoncelli did have his fatal accident, Misano circuit is now named after him though this is because he was born in the area.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2016, 07:25:27 AM »
First time ever on the track, I ran a few laps to learn the track then one race run. Lotus seems quite stable here using my Brands setup so I put it up again with just pressure changes so far. This must be a Tilke track as its very similar to Sepang F1 circuit so likely built around the same time, its actually quite fun to drive though in this car and seems way more stable then at brands. I put my setup in ptracker but probably a bit too much aero though it may be easier this way will just need to try some less later.

There isnt really any long straight with the fastest section still haveing 3 flat kinks which with less aero may need to slow for so possibly max front again and rear just for balance here. I think it takes about 10 laps to get the hang of the layout if youve never ran a lap but I think in these cars it should be quite fun here.
Can you also put your setup in The Setup Market app, which you can download on the AC forums? That's a better way to share setups, because then you can download them on any server.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2016, 10:24:12 AM »
If we ran stracker on the race server not only could people easily share setups with everyone or just between some people we would also get all this cool data.

http://52.62.170.191:50041/sessiondetails?playerInSessionId=14902#

Shows how much fuel people are running, how long their stops are, where they ran off track and even a speed comparison between anyone else.

I dont really want to run another app simply for setup sharing when this app can do that and so much more. As is people can jump on the prac server and grab my setups after all even a couple practice laps wont hurt anyone.  ;)

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2016, 11:38:10 AM »
I am enjoying an amazing free satellite internet from the middle of the pacific... I wonder what my ping to marty's server would be...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal