Xtreme Gaming Network

S7 R2 R1 - Monza historic 1966 - 19-01-2017

Author Topic: S7 R2 R1 - Monza historic 1966 - 19-01-2017  (Read 30484 times)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
Re: S7 R2 R1 - Monza historic 1966 - 19-01-2017
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2017, 10:22:16 PM »
Too many mistakes tonight for me. Early on trying to give wally space on the last turn i touched the grass and ended up bavkwards.

Had a fun battle with seanus then for a while with the ballast hurting me until i locked up and rammed him. Sorry bud.

After that there was another spin leaving me facing the wrong was and having to let the field by.

After my pit stop was very loney. A couple of sprints would have been better for me. Somehow seanus was behind me and i made quite a gap, assume he spun, then on the last lap i lost it in the final turn nose into the barrier. About 20 secs trying to put it in reverse before realising that wasnt where reverse was on the new shifter and seanus went sailing by  ;D

Was some comments about no talking on ts. While i dont think there should be full on conversations, one of the things i always liked on thursdays was the more relaxed ts rules and a bit of banter.

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2017, 10:32:20 PM »
Are those stracker stats right and some people didn't stop?

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2017, 10:34:13 PM »
Thanks for everyone's patience with regards to the starts, I was not aware of the extra information required to race Assetto Corsa with XGN. Having raced AC online only once before, I was wondering if there was a way to show who is in front like you could by pressing tab in rfactor?

Also I heard some people talking about setting up the pits before the race and I'd love to know how as I think in pit lane I asked for 25laps of fuel when I thought it was 25 litres - doh!

Was great to see some familiar names from when I was racing regularly about 18 months ago and I look forward to doing a few more nights and hope to have my new headset working next week so I'll be able to speak

Cheers,
Bradc.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2017, 10:53:58 PM »
What greeted me coming around the banking....

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2017, 10:54:08 PM »
Thanks for everyone's patience with regards to the starts, I was not aware of the extra information required to race Assetto Corsa with XGN. Having raced AC online only once before, I was wondering if there was a way to show who is in front like you could by pressing tab in rfactor?

Also I heard some people talking about setting up the pits before the race and I'd love to know how as I think in pit lane I asked for 25laps of fuel when I thought it was 25 litres - doh!

Was great to see some familiar names from when I was racing regularly about 18 months ago and I look forward to doing a few more nights and hope to have my new headset working next week so I'll be able to speak

Cheers,
Bradc.

Hit ctrl + L for the names above the cars. The app to automate pit stops is called pitconfig. If you google t you should find it on race department.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2017, 10:55:25 PM »

Hah awesome. I'd heard people mention wheels coming off before but never seen it.

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2017, 10:57:11 PM »

I noticed that and something is not right there, says I didn't stop, but it's logged my 4+min lap on lap 10 when I stuffed up my fuel and sat in the lane for almost 2 minutes waiting for the stop to be completed...

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2017, 10:58:54 PM »
Don't get many victories so thanks to Phil for his efforts in hosting the race plus adding so much ballast to his car.

The first half of the race was messy with a couple of unforced mistakes. This meant a change in strategy. I started with a LOT of fuel so only added 10 liters in the early pit-stop  with no tires.

Other drivers must have had a tougher time than me as I somehow ended up in  second place after all the pit-stops played out. This soon became first place as Phil tried a bit of farming with a F40.  With a couple of laps to go he caught and passed me. This left me with only one option..... irritate Phil and hope for a mistake. I won after a interesting last lap where I could not decide which side to pass a lapped car. By the time I decided the brake marker was a distant memory. Luckily Phil joined me in clattering into the barriers, Thanks Phil  ;D
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 11:02:32 PM by Mael »

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2017, 11:03:25 PM »

That's why we can't have nice tracks in real life ;D

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2017, 08:13:30 AM »
guess I'm done before I'm started as I'm getting no love from Assetto Corsa and still hitting the same error message.....granted I've only ever raced online for AC one since getting the game a year ago, but I know it shouldn't be this difficult and obviously there is either a bug, or password, or error on my part that is causing but  after nearly 50 mintues of stuffing around I'll crawl back into the hole I came out from and hope it can be fixed before next week...
Sorry I didn't look at the forum, glad it was sorted and you hit the track.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 08:46:42 AM by Bruce »
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2017, 08:59:13 AM »
I wish to apologize for my TS behavior last night , I was feeling unusually tired and was having trouble concentrating.
I had forgotten I had TS mute key , I should have used that, rather than blame everyone else.
I hope this does not dampen the the fun factor of Thursday night racing.

sincerely,

roo.
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2017, 09:01:50 AM »
guess I'm done before I'm started as I'm getting no love from Assetto Corsa and still hitting the same error message.....granted I've only ever raced online for AC one since getting the game a year ago, but I know it shouldn't be this difficult and obviously there is either a bug, or password, or error on my part that is causing but  after nearly 50 mintues of stuffing around I'll crawl back into the hole I came out from and hope it can be fixed before next week...

Thanks for all your assistance and help Bruce, I knew there was something wrong, but couldn't work it out. Turns out it was your idiot filter which was blocking me lol !!!  Love the idea of it, but I could hear people's frustrations on ts (from having the server being reset to accomodate the changes required to allow me in) which was raising my anxiety levels about the whole situation. Luckily the good people at Australia post have my new headset waiting for me at the post office this morning so I should be able to speak for the next race.

After racing rfactor for the best part of 10 years, it is hard changing but I'm slowing getting used to Assetto (except for not having 5.1 sound support via optical), it's certainly a massive step forward. What shocked me was just how volient the bumps were in the oval section of the track and there were times where the force feedback nearly ripped the wheel out of my hands which was pretty cool.

Thanks again and I'm looking forward to being a more regular competitor in the weeks to come.

Offline humper

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2017, 09:13:26 AM »
Excellent stuff Bruce. Your commitment to making sure new and old xgners can enjoy some racing is top level service. Love it

Offline humper

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2017, 09:20:28 AM »

Great screen shot. Thats not just going to buff out!

Offline gawaterman

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2017, 10:48:21 AM »

No definitely not right, I stopped on lap 7 and changed tyres and it shows a 3.05 lap time, but then says I had a pit lane time of only .048 secs.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal