Xtreme Gaming Network

Steering issues FF

Author Topic: Steering issues FF  (Read 7331 times)

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
Steering issues FF
« on: March 20, 2015, 12:20:10 PM »
Firstly sorry to anyone I keep spinning in front of Or running out of brakes...trying different things to solve my issues..I joined the bmw race last night but left due to frustration of braking at same points as other guys and not being able to stop not being able to feeL the s Slides s etc, been irritating..but one thing I have tried is lowering all my graphics settings and the feedback gets better..also tech guys would my high pings be anything to do with my problems?

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: Steering issues FF
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 01:30:24 PM »
If your having issues with feel not only ffb settings but also amount of input lag is critical. Mostly try to avoid v-sync as this adds at least 1 more frame of latency. Also the type of screen your usong will have a large effect and gaming on a large tv over a proper gaming monitor will add more input lag as these tv's have extra signal processing usually that also add more delay before the image is displayed. The longer it takes for an image to be displayed on screen the more disconnected you will feel. Its possible to learn to drive fairly quick with a bit of lag but it is nearly impossible to drive in a reactive way which is more how ypu need to drive on the limit. Its easy to drive thrpugh memory and predicting what the car will do with lots of lag but as soon as it does something unexpected its gpimg to be gpne before you can do anything to save it.

With FFB check that your not running it too high and its clipping, each wheel can only get a set level of max force. Having it too high just means you get there sooner. So beyond that point it has no more progression. Ideally you want to make sure ffb isnt clipping at all in any regular corners, it will still likely clip over some big bumps or kerbs.

High ping wont have any effect on your owm physics and Im not sure what pings your getting. If its an unstable ping you likely will see other cars warp and they will all see ypu warp. This means if your following close to someone your cars may jump back and forth a few meters and catch you out easily. Very unstavle connections that climb 100 or more above their regular levels can jump back and forth 50m or more and this makes it pretty much undriveable for anyone around them.

What wheel are you using and what are your ingame settings?

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 02:31:21 PM »
Cheers for reply Marty I'm now running my old g25 as was never on the pace with my g27 since running AC over last few weeks since purchase there was issues with feel and the 27 was ending up never re centring correctly after a few laps and would always centre off to the left but steer straight...plugged the old g25 in and felt awesome instantly back on the pace Then went off it again lol, re tv might get tv but don't think so it's a hi res Samsung either gaming mode and high refresh rates....also not trying to blow my own trumpet but on that tv I've been matching the times of the quick guys at nurb gp and PB 11.4 so that must be reasonably ok...unless added traffic cars will slow my frame rates? Maybe as I found things better...still doesn't feel as I think it should tho with lower graphic settings...And yes I think it's possibly a feel issue rather than feedback...I tend to run light feedback and limited lock which has always suited me...again not trying to be big headed but I have generally always been a front runner and won a number or series on rfactor race GTR etc, so it's gutting to Run so inconsistently like a newbie, I don't care about the winning as long as I have good fights and I know I've given it everything I can.  I'm wondering if it could be input lag...I'm assuming that means I'd be running wide losing it under power b cause by the time I see it react I'm already half a second out of sync?  I'm running a gtx970 16gb ram 4.3 i5....I'd assume I could run max everything without issues...but obviously not..I'll try turn off v sync Any other ideas mate?

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 03:16:56 PM »
Llimited rotation shouldn't really be set for the G27 for AC - just leave it at 900. It auto adjust steering ratios for each car. This could be the cause of the inconsistent feel? Just guessing however.

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 03:23:27 PM »
But with the rotation set higher will it mean I have to turn the wheel like 2 turns to go round a Hairpin? I've always set games so that it is like a kart with half a turn lock to lock with no issues.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
Steering issues FF
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2015, 03:40:24 PM »
No. AC adjusts the steering to the real world steering lock of the real car. If car is a Cobra it will have lots of steering needed. The Lotus Exos will be open-wheeler direct. Coming from rFactor is strange at first since steering lock was always weird in that sim. If you turn on the virtual steering wheel in game you should see absolute one-one movement between your wheel and the in-game virtual wheel. I've never seen that direct correlation in any other sim.

Of course, once you have this one-one steering working correctly you can then use the steering parameters in AC's Controls settings to make it more direct if you wish. AC will then adapt correctly with all the FFB inputs.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 03:44:00 PM by Gratulin »

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2015, 06:41:31 PM »
Thanks gratulin I'll try it...according to my profiler 200 degrees is default.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2015, 07:38:19 PM »
Re steering lock I prefer 900 and let the game decide, harldy ever need more then a quarter turn anywhere. Kart type lock id have no control in ac and it wouod be way too fast and twitchy in the road cars that would only ever really need full lock when parking.  Its down to personal preference though using 900 is by far the most common method in AC i think.

I hqd a g25 that died and got a g27 to replace it, cant say I noticed any real difference between them. Maybe yours is faulty or possibly the profiler isnt properly installed or calibrating properly on startup.

Input lag wont stop you from getting a quick time it will just make it impossible to catch slides that arent expected. People used to running with pretty high lag just learn to predictively steer to deal with it but when it comes to reacting your always going to be a bit late.

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2015, 07:53:27 PM »
Yea I think my g27 is faulty because of the immediate difference with the 25,  I'll try 900 see how it goes..thanks for all the help gents.

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2015, 06:54:58 PM »
I run mine on 460, don't wanna have too much exertion!!  :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal