Xtreme Gaming Network

Holden HSV GTS mod

Author Topic: Holden HSV GTS mod  (Read 21810 times)

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Holden HSV GTS mod
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2014, 08:50:07 PM »
Gave the car a run not too bad to drive, model looks pretty good too but likely a rip. At least its well done with proper LOD's and all lights and driver animations working. Physics not too bad Ive only driven a few HSV's never this model but its comparable maybe more grip then I remember but I tested in optimal conditions and public roads and older street tyres would be far from the same thing. Sounds probably the weakest part of the mod but I put it up on a public server at Spa if anyone wants to have a run. I was going to try it on the xgn server by bruce but didnt have the track and RD download link said 3hrs for the dl so I didnt bother.
Well I have never seen any HSV's let alone this one and despite the negative press I think  you could do a lot worse..

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2014, 11:53:34 AM »
Gave the car a run not too bad to drive, model looks pretty good too but likely a rip. At least its well done with proper LOD's and all lights and driver animations working. Physics not too bad Ive only driven a few HSV's never this model but its comparable maybe more grip then I remember but I tested in optimal conditions and public roads and older street tyres would be far from the same thing. Sounds probably the weakest part of the mod but I put it up on a public server at Spa if anyone wants to have a run. I was going to try it on the xgn server by bruce but didnt have the track and RD download link said 3hrs for the dl so I didnt bother.
Well I have never seen any HSV's let alone this one and despite the negative press I think  you could do a lot worse..

I have put a mix of the Holdens with the Cobras at Bacelona... for interest.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
Holden HSV GTS mod
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2014, 04:17:08 PM »
Given the comments above and because these mods are not posted on the official AC site I did a bit of research on smallblockhero who produced these mods for AC. Not sure if I have the true situation but hopefully we can discover more as these mods develop.

Smallblockhero has a fairly long history of modding (mostly conversions but well done) for multiple platforms. The mods seem to have agreement from the original modders and they will improve over time especially the physics. They are based on rFactor mods that themselves were agreed mods from the original models. I really cannot verify this as a fact for the specific mods on smallblockhero's site however. There is little back ground information on that site.

One post I read, from smallblockhero I think, indicated that converting the cars to AC was more involved than expected even for their level of experience. This probably is an indication of the generational change between rFactor and AC.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 04:19:36 PM by Gratulin »

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2014, 06:16:39 PM »
lol this surprised me its actually pretty damn good!
do you even motorsports?

Offline RPM

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2014, 05:02:59 PM »
Hi all,
I have downloaded this mod 5 times now, keep getting errors (106)
when I extract it. Anybody got another download link?
Is it worth persevering with?

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2014, 05:07:20 PM »
Hi all,
I have downloaded this mod 5 times now, keep getting errors (106)
when I extract it. Anybody got another download link?
Is it worth persevering with?

yep, IMHO it is okay. Not sure what is happening with your download, that is the only link I have seen and worked (the second time I installed it, the first time it froze AC :( but on deleting the directory in AC and re-installing, lucky 2nd time)

Offline RPM

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2014, 05:19:39 PM »
The file appears to download correctly, 39,705KB.
just wont extract correctly, 106 errors

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2014, 05:56:51 PM »
The file appears to download correctly, 39,705KB.
just wont extract correctly, 106 errors
Now I remember!  :o
7zip doesn't 'know' the compression format
Use winzip.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal