Xtreme Gaming Network

Round 2: Thursday 13th October - Donington Park (National)

Author Topic: Round 2: Thursday 13th October - Donington Park (National)  (Read 23449 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Round 2: Thursday 13th October - Donington Park (National)
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2016, 08:21:33 AM »
I simply pitted early because I wanted to be in traffic, which is more fun :)  But for sure, to keep the best track position, you'd want to pit after building up a gap.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Hornbag

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2016, 08:38:54 AM »
Big apologies to Hornbag, took him out twice, but luckily after looking at the replays he didn't loose much time and I ended up much worse off.
Hectic night with such a big field and lots of cars on a similar pace.
Loving it though.

No apologies needed mate, didn't affect my race at all really

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2016, 09:18:04 AM »
I simply pitted early because I wanted to be in traffic, which is more fun :)  But for sure, to keep the best track position, you'd want to pit after building up a gap.

I did guess that. Being in the top half of the group is still quite a new thing for me so I'm making the most of it  ;D

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2016, 10:24:33 AM »
I like the idea of the compulsory drive-throughs for the top few drivers, but if it's going to be a thing, maybe consider having it as the top 5 in the championship rather than the top 5 qualifiers, otherwise roughly the same people are getting "punished" every week and the guys who regularly qualify in 6th-8th or so are going to be in the best positions.

Also takes away some of the possibility of people sandbagging. Not that I would accuse anybody of that, but in my opinion it's still better to have it as a built-in thing rather than to rely on an "honour system" of sorts.

Just my 2c :)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2016, 11:26:23 AM »
I was going to do that after 1 flyer but I kept getting PB's so I stayed out until about lap 5.

2+2=√16

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2016, 11:41:11 AM »
I like the idea of the compulsory drive-throughs for the top few drivers, but if it's going to be a thing, maybe consider having it as the top 5 in the championship rather than the top 5 qualifiers, otherwise roughly the same people are getting "punished" every week and the guys who regularly qualify in 6th-8th or so are going to be in the best positions.

Also takes away some of the possibility of people sandbagging. Not that I would accuse anybody of that, but in my opinion it's still better to have it as a built-in thing rather than to rely on an "honour system" of sorts.

it was a toss up between champ standing and qual results, next week may try championship standings, also this particular track didnt take long to do a drive through I thought.
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2016, 11:49:47 AM »

I guess you joined Teamspeak late as that was the original plan and a few people decide qually times would be the better option. I think both options have their merits.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2016, 12:23:41 PM »
On championship standings I wouldn't have got a drive-thru, and clearly I needed one.

2+2=√16

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2016, 01:29:23 PM »
well what do i say...  I was putting 1:20s in practice, didn't get near that all night, man I think I need to give it away.

Had some good catchup racing at times, but then, I'll blame my equipment!  haha no I won't!!

Good to see rooshooter back, certainly a class field and great work Bacchulum!
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2016, 02:52:24 PM »
I too, had a frustrating night, with my car unable to match any other car in straight line speed, WTF, we were all driving
the same vehicle. I initially suspected not getting full throttle, G25 with Leo Bodnar cable, but no, I went back to default
setup and was back to full speed again. I suspect too much "toe in" may be the cause  but have not confirmed that yet.

I am again looking forward to the rest of the season with a more competitive vehicle.
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2016, 03:16:54 PM »

I guess you joined Teamspeak late as that was the original plan and a few people decide qually times would be the better option. I think both options have their merits.

Indeed I must have missed that. :)

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2016, 09:06:16 AM »
well what do i say...  I was putting 1:20s in practice, didn't get near that all night, man I think I need to give it away.

Had some good catchup racing at times, but then, I'll blame my equipment!  haha no I won't!!

Good to see rooshooter back, certainly a class field and great work Bacchulum!
Do not give up yet Bruce, you may not have heard on Teamspeak the the track conditions for the race were a lot colder than for
practice. I think you may have had cold tyres. I run a tyre temp app to help me.
Hope this helps.
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2016, 01:43:53 PM »
In the spirit of Thursday being less of a challenge in order to promote fun racing without the need for too much practice perhaps we can run the server on a single weather setting?

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2016, 03:35:13 PM »
In the spirit of Thursday being less of a challenge in order to promote fun racing without the need for too much practice perhaps we can run the server on a single weather setting?

I already do, I just have one weather setting clear and the other with light cloud
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2016, 03:58:13 PM »

I already do, I just have one weather setting clear and the other with light cloud
Do the weather settings change track temp or is it just graphics"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal