Xtreme Gaming Network

S15R5: Red Bull Ring Race Chat

Author Topic: S15R5: Red Bull Ring Race Chat  (Read 39535 times)

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
Re: S15R5: Red Bull Ring Race Chat
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2017, 12:16:13 PM »
Hey Russ..........45 kg,sorry mate...MMMUUHAHAHAHAAA

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2017, 12:19:04 PM »
I am surprised ballast slows these cars so much, only 40kg and my times have gone from 1.33.7, with probably half a second to find, to cannot do better than a 1.35.5 and have to put the brake bias so far froward to counteract what I can only presume, being all the weight is over the rear end
I just did some testing with 40 kg ballast, and it slowed me down by 1.1 seconds. That might be a bit excessive, although a 1:35.5 still puts you in 10th place on the lap times: http://52.65.162.16:50041/lapstat?currservers=XGN%20Tuesdays.

I'll reduce the ballast a bit to 15kg, 30kg and 45kg (practice server updated).

Note there's a ballast app offline (one of the dev apps, so you have to have that enabled) where you can set your ballast to whatever you want for testing.

i was not complaining, was more amazed how much a little ballast slows these
Yeah, no worries. I was a bit surprise too. If you were slowed by nearly 2 seconds, that would have equated to a 38 second pit hold, which is too much!

You will see the incident on lap 1. I hope you can see the pedal app.
As I see it, you squeezed  past on the turn (good pass), Then as we straightened up on the exit, you applied power, I applied power, then for whatever reason you cut power and slowed. As I was close behind, the tap occurred and you touched the wall. Then I braked for you to rejoin in front of me. You can see the accelerator positions on the pedal app by switching to the appropriate car.
I don't want to make a big deal of this, but I believe it was just a racing incident. However, I accept the decision of the stewards (even if I don't agree  ;D ;D )

Im going by memory now from when I reviewed the replay last Tuesday, but it didn't look to me like Simone slowed unusally.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2017, 12:32:52 PM »
I'll reduce the ballast a bit to 15kg, 30kg and 45kg (practice server updated).

Hey Wally,
How about reducing the 60kg I have for the incident last week (which I still claim is undeserved).

Hey Russ how r you?....any chance to have a look at your undeserved incident?

Sure mate. I have no idea how to make a video, so grab the replay from here (http://www.mediafire.com/file/s3vjod825d1r3e4/ks_praga_r1%40spa-spa_osrw_20170131211639.7z). You will see the incident on lap 1. I hope you can see the pedal app.
As I see it, you squeezed  past on the turn (good pass), Then as we straightened up on the exit, you applied power, I applied power, then for whatever reason you cut power and slowed. As I was close behind, the tap occurred and you touched the wall. Then I braked for you to rejoin in front of me. You can see the accelerator positions on the pedal app by switching to the appropriate car.
I don't want to make a big deal of this, but I believe it was just a racing incident. However, I accept the decision of the stewards (even if I don't agree  ;D ;D)

Well as discovered last week simones pedals were maxing out at 80% so probably explains it.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2017, 05:25:08 PM »

Hey Russ how R ya matey???!!!  lol   

Hey listen i think you r right i lift the throttle for a fraction cause i went a bit wide and  you don`t want accellerate on the green stuff there,,,,or you might go around.
So Russ is up to the steward,but i am afraid the decision is final....sorry mate....lolololololololololol

i left the pedals app on so you can see what both are doing,first clip is russ,second view is Simone...

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2017, 05:57:40 PM »
Visually, there's not much slowing of Simone's car, and it still looks like a tag from the rear to me.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2017, 07:22:09 PM »
Are you able to describe how to make a video?
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2017, 08:35:53 PM »
1.34.5s with the ballast   , I don't know if that needs more fine tuning :)
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2017, 08:40:52 PM »
Are you able to describe how to make a video?

you need,,,,fraps  http://www.fraps.com/  you can get it is free,but you cant make movies longer than 30 sec,,,but its fine

you need movie maker in win.

you need a youtube account to upload youe video.

If you have never tried before recording actions from your game, install fraps click on "movies"  and while you run your replay you can catch and record your favourite moment by pressing any key you choose(its like when you talk on TS,same thing,on the fraps interface.The record will be then stored in any folder you waant,in the default case   computer/programs/fraps/movie.

Open movie maker click on "add a movie" go to the fraps/movie folder and double kick the record you just stored in there,edit it if you want in movie maker,and then save it "you must save it"

Open you tube and upload the movie you just saved it with movie maker.

(you can use movie maker to upload to youtube but for me never worked)

have fun......but i think you still pushed me off road....heheehehhee    :-* russ

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2017, 09:38:20 PM »
If you have nvidia you can use the recording tools in the geforce experience rather than fraps.

Online Seanus

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2017, 10:54:50 PM »
...and it still looks like a tag from the rear to me.
Let the punishment fit the crime. There was sod all to that incident, neither purposeful nor negligent. The aggrieved party didn't spin and lost only a few places, the guilty party redressed, and said driver hardly needs to be made an example of.

I don't want to enter an argument, I just felt I should let RussG  know he is not alone.
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2017, 12:45:48 AM »
Thanks for the video making tips guys. I might try one sometime.

have fun......but i think you still pushed me off road....heheehehhee    :-* russ

Next time drive faster Simone :P  Bahahahah
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2017, 08:10:01 AM »
Everyone who runs into the rear of someone on the opening lap and causes them to leave the track or lose positions is extremely likely to be penalised. It's a rule I've applied consistently.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2017, 12:14:59 PM »
Everyone who runs into the rear of someone on the opening lap and causes them to leave the track or lose positions is extremely likely to be penalised. It's a rule I've applied consistently.

....AMEN.....!!

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2017, 06:44:22 PM »

....AMEN.....!!
He wrote "someone", not "simone". You read wrong.  ;)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2017, 07:24:48 PM »
lol ;D ;D

2+2=√16

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal