Xtreme Gaming Network

S14R6: Nürburgring Sprint GT Chat

Author Topic: S14R6: Nürburgring Sprint GT Chat  (Read 11602 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S14R6: Nürburgring Sprint GT Chat
« on: November 08, 2016, 10:48:20 PM »
2 x 19 lap sprints at Nürburgring Sprint (GT), with 1 compulsory pit stop for tyres (no refuelling allowed).

You will need to download the OSRW Pit Mod.

Fuel is 1x.
Tyre wear is 2x.

It's going to be cold in Germany: 13 clear and 14 clear.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: S14R6: Nürburgring Sprint GT Chat
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 12:00:15 AM »
Practice server is up. Its running the official track atm but if Wally gives me the next round entry list I can put that up later in the week for people to practice their pit in location.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 12:29:30 AM »
Practice server is up. Its running the official track atm but if Wally gives me the next round entry list I can put that up later in the week for people to practice their pit in location.
I fear that race pit location depends on the result of the quali, though...

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 07:23:46 AM »
PM sent to Marty. I'm pretty sure the box order stays as per the entry list. It shouldn't be a drama at Nurburgring, which won't have the pits so close to the entry.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 08:34:19 AM »
Thanks Wally I will put up the OSRW version until Friday night where I will change the server back to the official track to get a few more public in possibly. If anyone wants to see their pit location best to test before then. Also as last race I qualified 3rd but still had the pit just ahead of Grat it would indicate you get the pit box from the entry list.

If in the practice server however the guys in the first few pit boxes and there are non league people in they may be in your car. If the car isnt your regular season skin it means your car was already taken. If its just league guys in they should be assigned their regular car.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2016, 09:24:52 AM »
I have added the entry list to the practice server and so people will need to get the OSRW mod from the first post to enter the server. I have added 6 other cars to the end of the field so hopefully anyone entering not in the entry list will be given these cars over all the ones already assigned to xgn league guys with GUID.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2016, 04:56:54 PM »
I ran a couple laps on the server and noticed track cuts on pit exit, I think we will need to make a new version of the track mod with a modified surfaces.txt as this is pitlane.

[SURFACE_2]
KEY=PITS
FRICTION=0.95
DAMPING=0
WAV=
WAV_PITCH=0
FF_EFFECT=NULL
DIRT_ADDITIVE=0.05
BLACK_FLAG_TIME=0
IS_VALID_TRACK=1
SIN_HEIGHT=0
SIN_LENGTH=0
IS_PITLANE=1
VIBRATION_GAIN=0
VIBRATION_LENGTH=0

For now I have changed the server back to the stock kunos track, I will put the OSRW modded version up again on Monday.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 05:21:18 PM by marty »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2016, 06:14:45 PM »
I ran a couple laps on the server and noticed track cuts on pit exit, I think we will need to make a new version of the track mod with a modified surfaces.txt as this is pitlane.

[SURFACE_2]
KEY=PITS
FRICTION=0.95
DAMPING=0
WAV=
WAV_PITCH=0
FF_EFFECT=NULL
DIRT_ADDITIVE=0.05
BLACK_FLAG_TIME=0
IS_VALID_TRACK=1
SIN_HEIGHT=0
SIN_LENGTH=0
IS_PITLANE=1
VIBRATION_GAIN=0
VIBRATION_LENGTH=0

For now I have changed the server back to the stock kunos track, I will put the OSRW modded version up again on Monday.
Yes, we've done that before here. I may still have the track in Dropbox. Or now the PLP app can actually tell when you're in pit lane (it couldn't before), and not register cuts  there. The problem is the DIRT_ADDITIVE line -  it means your tyres get dirty in the pits, so PLP thinks you're off track. A new track might be better for now, because then people will be forced to get it to race. I'll address it later tonight.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2016, 10:00:03 PM »

[SURFACE_2]
KEY=PITS
FRICTION=0.95
DAMPING=0
WAV=
WAV_PITCH=0
FF_EFFECT=NULL
DIRT_ADDITIVE=0.05
BLACK_FLAG_TIME=0
IS_VALID_TRACK=1
SIN_HEIGHT=0
SIN_LENGTH=0
IS_PITLANE=1
VIBRATION_GAIN=0
VIBRATION_LENGTH=0

It doesn't actually give you a cut warning though, does it. I think it's OK as it is. All I noticed is the green "off track/no cut" square coming up in PLP.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2016, 10:59:43 PM »
I did get a cut on PLP when exiting the pit the first time, it didnt seem to happen every time though so it may be hit and miss. Ideally I think we could upload another full OSRW pack with the dirt removed unless PLP can be made to not register pit lane as off track even if dusty.

I just ran a few more laps and only once did I get a plp cut exiting pits, so I think it will likely get maybe 2 of 20 and make it a pain to sort out if someone gets a penalty during the race. With 2 stops you can get 2 of the 4 cuts just leaving pits if unlucky.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 12:11:18 AM by marty »

Offline Dave O

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2016, 12:26:35 AM »
Thanks for the tips on the practice server Sat night RussG  ;) still a work in progress, will keep at it though.

Not easy trying to get out of bad habits  :-[  Times are coming down though.. more practice  :D
NEVER TOO OLD TO RACE ... being competitive can be a PROBLEM though.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2016, 09:30:45 AM »
Just to confirm that I have got several PLP cuts coming out of pits. Not every time, but often enough.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2016, 09:53:44 AM »
See the PLP thread: http://xgn.com.au/index.php?topic=758.0

There's a new version to download, which stops cuts in a dirty pit lane like Nurburgring. If you don't download this, you run the risk of getting cuts in pit lane.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2016, 01:16:23 PM »
thank you

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2016, 02:24:25 PM »
Thanks Wally, I gave that a bit of a run. I suspected it may have been from pit 1 exiting past the pit line back onto the track causing the plp. I tried a few times with the new PLP app and couldn't trigger it so seems all good now.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal