Xtreme Gaming Network

ACC league discussion

Author Topic: ACC league discussion  (Read 26722 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: ACC league discussion
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2018, 09:43:46 AM »
Mirror the real season. So use ACC on the Tuesdays that line up with a real Blancpain round.
I like this idea too.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2018, 12:35:40 PM »
Mirror the real season. So use ACC on the Tuesdays that line up with a real Blancpain round.
I like this idea too.
After thought, I prefer this idea.
As ACC is un-modded, as it stands, we don't want to get sick of the cars too quick, so spreading it out makes sense.

but if there's no wet races I'm out.......
 :P

2+2=√16

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2018, 06:44:01 PM »
As a non-participating paticipant, I'd suggest having one-off ACC events on another night of the week to begin with.  The game will be in it's infancy and will probably be lacking in a lot of features when it comes to Multiplayer.

Once it matures and gains popularity then I would suggest looking at a straw poll aound a championship to decide whether you treat it as a separate game and run it on another night of the week, or whether to alternate during the week.

As above, the issue will be dividing an already smallish community between two championships,  yet those that will be paticipating in just one of the series may not like the idea of only racing every 2 or 3 weeks if you altenate between series each week.

If I was racing (hopefully not too far off!) I'd want to be all in with a series or not at all, so to commit to a particular series and only race in it a couple of times a month wouldn't fit with my "mentality", but that is just me.  I hope that makes sense.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 06:49:01 PM by Guybrush Threepwood »

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2018, 07:05:31 PM »
As a non-participating paticipant, I'd suggest having one-off ACC events on another night of the week to begin with.  The game will be in it's infancy and will probably be lacking in a lot of features when it comes to Multiplayer.

Once it matures and gains popularity then I would suggest looking at a straw poll aound a championship to decide whether you treat it as a separate game and run it on another night of the week, or whether to alternate during the week.

As above, the issue will be dividing an already smallish community between two championships,  yet those that will be paticipating in just one of the series may not like the idea of only racing every 2 or 3 weeks if you altenate between series each week.

If I was racing (hopefully not too far off!) I'd want to be all in with a series or not at all, so to commit to a particular series and only race in it a couple of times a month wouldn't fit with my "mentality", but that is just me.  I hope that makes sense.

Yip agree with the above. I'm confident the switch from AC to ACC will happen naturally as ACC matures.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2018, 08:02:22 AM »
I have high hopes for the physics, weather, graphics etc. but am doubtful about the long lasting appeal of driving only GT3s, no matter how mature the game gets. What I really hope for is that ACC is successful enough for KS to start churning out other series, essentially just by adding a new bunch of cars and tracks and maybe some accompanying rule/format changes.   
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2018, 10:52:18 PM »
See that release One is out on 12 September for 24.99 Euro, getting progressively more expensive as it rolls out until 1st quarter 2019.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2018, 05:47:48 PM »
I share other people's concerns regarding hardware (I only have VR now, so...). If I were to be able to handle it and liked it, I guess I would not be averse to simply choose ACC whenever the Tuesday league opts for a GT3 series. But I would not alternate too often, as otherwise we would have too many GT3s and too little of everything else...

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2018, 07:42:50 AM »
I share other people's concerns regarding hardware (I only have VR now, so...). If I were to be able to handle it and liked it, I guess I would not be averse to simply choose ACC whenever the Tuesday league opts for a GT3 series. But I would not alternate too often, as otherwise we would have too many GT3s and too little of everything else...
Hi Grat. I agree. My preferred option so far is Seanus's suggestion to run GT3 races in synch with the real life Blancpain calendar.

But then again, if driving in ACC with the new physics, graphics and weather is so much better, it may be hard to return to AC. For example, we drove netKar for years. Then we went to AC. There was no way we could have ever raced netKar again after driving AC. But of course the jump from AC to ACC may not be as big as the jump from netKar to AC.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2018, 08:12:47 AM »
Speak for yourself.
For about a year I kept going back to nKP for my wet weather fix. 8)

2+2=√16

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2018, 08:13:58 PM »
Speak for yourself.
For me the wet weather, night racing etc options are what make it interesting.  Otherwise I would just stay with AC.
Downloaded it last night, so will start testing... :)

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2018, 08:05:35 AM »
Speak for yourself.

Yeah, I could have kept driving nKPRO too

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2018, 08:33:21 AM »
Speak for yourself.

You guys are so old school  8) AC was the current sim when I started sim racing so it's pretty much all I've ever played.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2018, 09:23:23 AM »
Speak for yourself.

You guys are so old school  8) AC was the current sim when I started sim racing so it's pretty much all I've ever played.
That's not old skool not nearly.   Some of us started with LFS & GTL, 10+ years ago, and that's just online.   Hell, look at Indianapolis500 for a really old skool sim. 

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2018, 09:33:04 AM »
Geoff Crammonds GP3, GP4, NASCAR2003 (now iRacing), rFactor, nKPro, AC, that's my "league racing" history.
Throw in GPL, LFS, ARCA, nK Namie, F1 2015, pCars, rFactor2, ACC as other sims I've owned. 8)

When you write it down, I should really get a life...... :-[ :P

2+2=√16

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2018, 10:33:30 AM »
Geoff Crammonds GP3, GP4, NASCAR2003 (now iRacing), rFactor, nKPro, AC, that's my "league racing" history.
Throw in GPL, LFS, ARCA, nK Namie, F1 2015, pCars, rFactor2, ACC as other sims I've owned. 8)

When you write it down, I should really get a life...... :-[ :P

What, isn't *this* your life?  You got one, and one you like, no?  Quit complaining you big baby!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal