Xtreme Gaming Network

Monza Junior Sept the 1st treat!

Author Topic: Monza Junior Sept the 1st treat!  (Read 10920 times)

Offline slideways

• View Profile
Re: Monza Junior Sept the 1st treat!
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2016, 06:14:32 PM »
Is this still the Metelax mod?
**EDIT**
I see it is... ::)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 06:16:06 PM by slideways »

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2016, 09:30:42 PM »
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2016, 10:51:07 PM »
Thanks, I mostly stayed out of trouble, and got into a consistent groove again.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2016, 12:41:42 PM »
I have given up looking at results!   

well maybe in a few minutes...

Race 1 not good, race 2 I had just gotten into a groove and was confident I could move up bit at a time, and was what looked like "close" to Rob, but the "box" extended a little more than my view!  So ruined mine and Rob's race in one touch! Sorry again, your kind on your response!

I liked the track, even if I had trouble spotting turn one, too dark? poor graphics on my machine, or just crap driving... any way some laps were worth it!
The chicane at the start of the straight from GTLegend days would have been interesting.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2016, 05:28:53 PM »
This layout was a big surprise - great track and really good in these cars. Managed to 'nail' T1 in the last few laps for a couple of PBs. Getting that corner right then also working out T3 seemed to be the key to a good lap here. Given there are only 4 corners that is saying much :)

Race 1 was doing ok in 3rd place then got tapped in the rear. This should not have resulted in a complete spin into the fence since I hardly felt anything. From Bruce's comment above the same thing happened to him.

Race 2 started from near the front due to not finishing Race 1. Had forgotten about reverse grid so felt like I shouldn't have been in that position. Had a bit of battle with Ley until he spun then let Wally through and spent the rest of the race trying to catch him. Couldn't make any headway even though I was in the "C" car and he had too much aero set.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2016, 07:48:55 PM »
Another good Thursday for me, it's getting a bit of a habit in these cars.

Pole position for R1, lost a few places in T1 but then had some great close racing throughout. Lap 16 I got a really good run through the final turn and got Phil putting me in 2nd. Final lap I took a terrible line through the last turn. Had it not been the last lap I think Phil would have taken that spot back.

R2 started second from the back and got up into third. Spent most of the time behind Gratulin who really pulled away in the last few laps.

Getting the last turn right was really satisfying, but I didn't really get T3 down at all; tried it with and without braking and made a mess of it quite a lot. I had T1 pretty nailed and that's where I'd close up on people, but then messing up T3 wouldn't give me a passing opportunity.

Great night again.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2016, 11:12:04 PM »
I ended up entering T3 pretty slowly, to make sure I could get the power down early and straight without running too wide and into the grass.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal