Xtreme Gaming Network

Fun Run Thursday 8th Minis at Eastern Creek

Author Topic: Fun Run Thursday 8th Minis at Eastern Creek  (Read 13578 times)

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
Fun Run Thursday 8th Minis at Eastern Creek
« on: January 06, 2015, 09:33:23 AM »
Well new track for AC and definitely needs a run with the view of incorporating it in the upcoming Cobra Cup Mini Break Season :)

Same Bat time, same Bat channel...
Thursday 8th
Mod: Mini Step 2
Colour Car: random
Qual at 8:15
2 * 10 laps
(maybe more?)

Race one: Eastern Creek 2014
Race two: Eeastern Creek 2014 "Brabham"

Mini Step 2 Download
Eastern Creek Track Download
Eastern Creek Track Dropbox Link

« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 01:30:07 PM by Flattop Bruce »
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
Re: Thursday 8th Minis at Eastern Creek
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 11:44:21 AM »
Server is up...  AUS XGN.com.au Thursday 8th Fun Run Sprint 1

usual password.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 12:02:11 PM by Flattop Bruce »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 12:43:26 PM »
Is Brabham the short layout? If so maybe do that one first could be a better way kind of how the races at Silverstone in the Nissans were. Especially if you do the same lap distance with the longer laps in second race it will be the more common shorter race first.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 12:52:51 PM »
Is Brabham the short layout? If so maybe do that one first could be a better way kind of how the races at Silverstone in the Nissans were. Especially if you do the same lap distance with the longer laps in second race it will be the more common shorter race first.

great minds think alike! , I have put up the short one for sprint 1 (non "Brabham") and sprint 2 will be the "Brabham" longer circuit.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2015, 12:58:00 PM »
I'm looking forward to checking out the track.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2015, 01:16:42 PM »
I'm looking forward to checking out the track.

From the few quick laps I have done... the "non-Brabham" is close to what we have experienced in rFactor, ~2 minutes in the Mini Step 2 and Standard M3.  I haven't read anything about the 'making' of the track.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2015, 01:22:33 PM »
I've never driven Eastern Creek before I don't think.  Look forward to trying it out.  Actually I haven't tried the mini's either so it will be all new to me.   

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2015, 01:37:34 PM »
I did run the track and its pretty good but not in the mini so no idea what they are like, the version I had main issue was you can get lost as there was no separation of the layouts or even cones to tell you which was which. There has since been an update which I downloaded but haven't tried yet.

I am pretty sure the base is the original Laser scan made for Rfactor but its had quite a bit of work done to it and has been modified to the track as it is currently. There were some changes a few years ago so the original laser scan layout no longer exists, its quite a fun layout and if it has no issues it would be league ready I think.

I hope one day someone also gets access to the Oran Park laser data used in RF as that was another amazing track. I am pretty sure its the same data the Iracing used to make their track as they didnt release it until a few years after the track turned into a housing development which would have made it a little tricky for them to scan. This is another issue as its possible the data was sold to Iracing exclusively and so they may not be able to use it again in another project.

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2015, 02:55:53 PM »
Gee wiz.  A modder is fairly committed if he is laser scanning things. Or was it ISI that did it?

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2015, 04:54:01 PM »
I'm relying on cutting the track to keep up with you guys. PLP won't know I've gone off track if I just miss out the extra 'Brabham' bit will it?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2015, 05:21:20 PM »
Gee wiz.  A modder is fairly committed if he is laser scanning things. Or was it ISI that did it?

Here are the 2 original tracks he made with the laser scan process and his own track making program. This was even before Iracing started doing it and the tracks were pretty darn good for the time. Im sure if he was to use his data and remake it in a higher res mesh for AC today it would be even better. But the guys that made the new version of eastern creek would have used that as a base and built the new bits onto it so its kind of like old monza would be in AC. Scanned and then modified to meet the track they were building as they didnt have the entire scan data to work with.

http://www.bobstrackbuilder.net/laser_scanning_ec.aspx
http://www.bobstrackbuilder.net/laser_scanning_op.aspx

I did give the mini's a run and the FFB is pretty odd, I assume its meant to be torque steer but basically its just goes weird any time its on throttle. I remember some RF2 car had this but not to the same extent and no Kunos cars do, I cant say id its accurate or not because I have never driven a real FWD car that had enough power to even spin the wheels.  ;)

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2015, 07:45:27 PM »
Does a Hyundai Excel count?  :P

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2015, 08:20:19 AM »
Hm...I should really try it.   I have a 380 and it fits the bill :)  Altho I usually keep the TC on. 
Sorry for the no show, again, I was too knackered to race, I had people over till I wasn't going to make the 1st race, and only maybe the second.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2015, 10:03:31 AM »
We missed you Bird, especially missed a "Flaming mini" across the line!

Race 1 Minis @ Eastern Creek
Race 2 Minis @ Eastern Creek "Brabham"
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 10:21:07 AM by Flattop Bruce »

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2015, 10:45:20 AM »
It was a fun night's racing.  Thanks Bruce.

The mini's were alright - the FFB is up the putty, or at least feels like it.  It almost feels like they have applied rear wheel drive FFB to a front wheel drive car, so when the tyres lose grip the steering goes light which is what happens when rear tyres lose grip, instead of the FFB juddering which more appropriately simulates the front wheels being pushed across the bitumen and intermittently gaining and then losing traction.  There are also other issues with setup, etc.  The Nissan Primera mod FFB in comparison feels much better as a decent FWD mod.

The mod still has a long way to go, but it was fun none-the-less.

The track was pretty cool.  The only thing that would make it better is more rounded and shapely curbs instead of the box-like square curbs it currently has.  Pretty sure this increases the massive jumps that happen when you accidentally get on the inside of a curb and it throwing you in the air.  Some better curb texturing would also be nice.  It's all about the road surface and curbs for me on any track though.  I guess that's what you spend most of the time looking at.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal