Xtreme Gaming Network

S13R4: Imola Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S13R4: Imola Post-Race Chat  (Read 4545 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S13R4: Imola Post-Race Chat
« on: August 23, 2016, 10:24:09 PM »
RACE RESULTS

Opening lap incidents:
Race 1, EdWood got into the side of Rob, but it was pretty much a relatively unavoidable side-by-side impact.
Joe outbraked himself into the 2nd last corner, but was really the only car disadvantaged by an impact, so no penalty.

Race 2, Grat was passing inside Dave O under brakes, there was a side-by-side impact with Dave O which pushed Dave into Bacchulum. the pass by Grat was aggressive, but he managed to get all the way alongside Dave O before the impact, so pretty borderline, but I'm calling that an incident.

Race 3, I was holding the 2nd last corner very tight, passing Rob LTD on the inside, but oversteered a little on exit and Grat hit my side. Because I was not totally in control on corner exit when Grat hit me, I'm calling that a racing incident.

Round Points
Matthew111   64
Rob LTD   64
Phil.8   62
Insomniac   60
Jeremy   59
Grat   57
Bacchulum   53
Marty   53
EdWood   49
Wally   48
Mael   45
hylas   42
Mitchyy   39
Humper   35
Dave O   34
Rob   26
slideways   26
Hornbag   20
Flattop   16
Joe   5

Congratulations to Insomniac, Phil (x2) on the race wins, and Matthew and Rob LTD tying for the overall round win.

Season Podium
1. Matthew, 200
2. Jeremy, 188
3. Phil, 186 (moving up into 3rd spot).
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 11:33:31 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Joe

• View Profile
Re: S13R4: Imola Post-Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 10:27:48 PM »
Few laps in to R1 unhappy wife dumps baby on lap. Night over...  :o

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 10:53:35 PM »
Fun racing and some tough battles, I struggled more then usual getting through traffic so my results were no good. A bit not aggressive enough and just some bad luck getting stuck in the wrong spot early in pretty much all races, with most running fairly similar pace in the top half of the field any time lost early meant your not going to catch the leaders. Probably the hardest Ive had to work for mid field finishes so far so it shows the field is getting fairly tough.

At least I will move up the grid some for the next round, in my new weapon at Baskerville. Would probably be a nice track for the gtr but I need to pass it on.

Offline LetsTestDrive

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 10:54:10 PM »
Race 1:
I started mid pack and somehow managed to thread myself through the first few corners into 2nd place behind Insomniac. He managed to keep a consistant 2-3 second gap from me for the remainder of the race as we opened up a large gap from the rest of the pack. No idea how I finished second but that was my best placing so far with XGN!

Race 2:
I had Mael in the Supra baring down on me from the start, until a few laps later when he tried to out brake me into the slow chicane and over shot it. A few laps later he eventually managed the overtake but then went wide onto the grass and I got the position back. Unfortunately that was the last I saw of him. My tires were really struggling for grip in the last few laps as Edwood and Jeremy were gaining on me fast. It went down to the last lap and last corner as I barely held them off to the finish line. Another lap and it would have been all over.

Race 3:
I was dicing with Grat which let the GTRs of Wally/Bacchulum/Marty catch up, until it got really hairy into the last corner with Wally & Grat coming together.
Bacchulum eventually managed the overtake but didn't really pull away as I tried my best to hold Marty up. Bacchulum unfortunately got loose into the turn 1 chicane and spun, which caused me to lift slightly to avoid him. That small lift gave Marty the advantage into the next corner and that was it.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 11:03:48 PM by LetsTestDrive »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2016, 11:50:16 PM »
My first 2 races gave me my equal best results for this season, two 6th placings. In both races, I was the hunted, and it really felt like it, being constantly under pressure. In race 1 I barely held off Mael over the line, finishing just 0.056 in front of him.

Race 3 was my worst result for the season, coming 15th, with some accidents and offs, some my fault (oversteering tankslapper into the wall), some not (Slideways oversteering into me on the slippery green runoff after the chicane). A messy race in the opening laps, but I had some racing with Rob, Hornbag and Dave O on the way back, with Dave O taking 14th by 0.112 seconds in another close finish.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 10:20:39 AM »
Absolute chaos was the best way to describe my races.

Race 1 was spend stuck in the pack behind Wally without getting a opportunity to pass as every-time I got close to him an alien would overtake me, allowing Wally to get away. Still happy with the result.

The less said about race 2 the better. Forgot to add fuel to my setup from the practice server necessitating a pits-stop on lap 7.

Race 3 was back to the excitement with some good battles especially with Bacchulum

FUN  ;D

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2016, 11:45:42 AM »
Race one saw me sort out the braking for turn one, but I just couldn't get a handle on the changed grip and displayed my poor adaptability and lost it early!
Race two I had adjusted my driving after race one and was determined to be consistent and put in 5 excellent laps watching Insomniac move a way a little and then the alien arrived, Phil got past with a nice easy overtake and then I didn't take into account my loss of tyre grip and slipped off the black stuff and then fought out the back marker race.  Sorry to Rob, were lapping me? I didn't see a blue flag, didn't know you were there as I was concentrating, but the wall deflected back on the track!
Tired and happy at the end of 2 races...
Like the change on the current placing sheet, I am focusing on the "+2".
Thanks to all.
Now what car should I get for the subsequent rounds.... off to check the times...
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2016, 06:05:19 PM »
R34 was mint here race 1 got through the field pretty clean for a 4th placing, not so much luck in race 2 getting pushed off the road at turn 3 undoing any progress. Was behind marty for a few laps and having a good battle putting a little move on the outside of the fast downhill sweeper in the traffic, managed an okish 8th. Race 3 starting from 8th wasnt ideal put managed to get to 3rd by the end of lap 3 behind jeremy and phil. Managed to catch and grab jeremy when he went a little wide at t1 but not much i could do a about phils lead as the pace was to close so p2 it was!
do you even motorsports?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal