Xtreme Gaming Network

GoKart mod

Author Topic: GoKart mod  (Read 17737 times)

Offline Phil

• View Profile
GoKart mod
« on: October 15, 2014, 09:09:11 PM »
There's another GoKart mod and this one has all the physics worked out (apparently) and there's four versions. This one is much better then the first mod that was released a few months ago.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/gokart.3589/

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
Re: GoKart mod
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 09:22:13 PM »
downloading now while waiting for RC.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 09:25:22 PM »
Will give it a go too, are there any kart tracks or does it need to be driven at nords?

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 09:45:59 PM »
Not sure I'm a big fan of it.  There is a massive dead-zone in the FFB for me.  But besides this they don't seem as tail happy as I remember - too understeery.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 09:58:17 PM »
I dloaded it but havent tried it yet, I have never driven a kart with sever understeer unless I hit a puddle first. What track did you test it on as a regular kart on a full size track may be different to a tiny kart track. Corners are quite a bit slower on the kart track but would be full throttle on a regular track. I did drive some superkarts at Phillip island one day when we had fun testing a bunch of karts, cant say it had any understeer but my jocks were stained as it got loose at silly speeds faster then just about every other car we drove that day. And that included some v8 supercars, not sure exactly what the top speed on the kart was as I never checked the speedo but I couldn't take t1 flat in it and could in a formula ford just about if I had have had some bigger balls.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2014, 10:06:45 PM »
I agree about karts being scary.  The only cars I've driven in any racey type situations was a Porsche Boxter S and a Monaro and they were like a Sunday cruise.  Proper karts scare the crap out of me - well that was when I was 17 driving my brother's around Calder anyway.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2014, 10:16:51 PM »
The lack of suspension and snappy reactions while your ass is literally dragging on the road has quite a bit to do with it. I never drove one at calder but I can see that would have been fun. I haven't been there in year wonder if its become very run down lately as not much seems to be on there any more.

Even a regular kart on a small kart track can be more thrilling then a slow car on a big track, karts are just so much more on edg and racey then most smaller cars. I guess to get the same feeling on a proper GP track youd need an f1 car or superbike, I never trusted myself enough to get into bikes so stuck with cars. Heck I have injured myself pretty bad surfing, snowboarding and even playing hit and giggle social tennis with ended my professional sporting career due to a stupidly broken hand in multiple places that took a few years to fully recover. That and the fact I was barely winning enough money to feed myself before the injury  ;D
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 07:00:40 PM by marty »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2014, 07:57:14 AM »
Good to read you were winning fat, Marty. Shame it wasn't enough though.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Online gawaterman

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2014, 11:57:39 AM »
Raced karts for many years in Darwin at Hidden Valley Cct, not the V8 Supercar track, but a kart track on the same site. Check it out on Google Earth.
Raced Class Australia and Clubman. Great fun till I had too many kids, so had to scale back to Radio Control racing, then had more kids and scaled back to online racing. Had the snip now so should be able to afford that.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2014, 02:16:34 PM »
My dad was one of 7 drivers (worldwide) in the Yamaha R&D programme in the late '70s that became the Clubman kart.
I still have his original notes. :)

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2014, 03:39:10 PM »
I did half a lap in a kart in project cars.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2014, 04:10:49 PM »
Had the snip now so should be able to afford that.

that is both depressing and hilarious

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2014, 03:20:38 PM »
It's not Assetto Corsa but try this demo.

http://www.kartracing-pro.com/?page=downloads

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2014, 09:26:07 AM »
I did half a lap in a kart in project cars.

Was it a very long track or was the kart that good you didnt even want to complete a lap.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
GoKart mod
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2014, 10:00:14 AM »
Try the demo I posted above. It will give you a taste of what a gokart sim should be like - it is extremely good. Having said that - it's back to AC and GTs @ Spa for me :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal