Xtreme Gaming Network

Need a Jag? Too late...

Author Topic: Need a Jag? Too late...  (Read 5351 times)

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
Need a Jag? Too late...
« on: July 29, 2014, 01:10:28 PM »
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Need a Jag? Too late...
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 04:38:20 PM »
So if I now buy one off them, do I get a factory warranty? ???
 8)

2+2=√16

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
Re: Need a Jag? Too late...
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 02:31:53 PM »
So if I now buy one off them, do I get a factory warranty? ???
 8)

good point!
You could try the same question with your purchase from

"Another historic Chevrolet dealer on the block"
http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2014/07/24/another-historic-chevrolet-dealer-on-the-block/?refer=hccweekly

One of the biggest single stories of last year in the world of historic cars came when VanDerBrink Auctions sold off the contents of the tiny Nebraska dealership, Lambrecht Chevrolet. Remember, this was the sale where some of the Chevrolets had never been titled and, in several cases, had authentic single-digit odometer readings.

VanDerBrink is at it again, having a similar sale scheduled for September 6 in the small city of Grant, Nebraska, in the southwestern quadrant of the state. It will liquidate the remaining holdings of Bullock Chevrolet, which dated to 1947 in Grant, the seat of Perkins County. The dealership was run by a family with deep roots in the dual worlds of cars and aircraft. The patriarch, Wayne, ran his own airline in the 1930s and brother Noel E. was a barnstorming race driver who won the Pikes Peak Hillclimb in 1922 before being killed in a plane crash. Wayne built the Grant dealership after having sold General Motors cars in Omaha despite being too young to officially hold a franchise.

- See more at: http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2014/07/24/another-historic-chevrolet-dealer-on-the-block/?refer=hccweekly#sthash.IW2OsSBq.dpuf

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
And then it was 60!
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 09:08:43 AM »
Jaguar D-Type 60th anniversary celebration includes restoration debut of long-lost car

The Jaguar D-Type is one of the most beautiful competition cars ever created, elegant and brutish at the same time, evocatively streamlined yet ruggedly purposeful. And who could resist that magnificent fin that soars behind the head of the driver?

This year marks the 60th anniversary of the D-Type’s debut at the 1954 24 Hours of Le Mans, where it roared to second place overall. The D-Type boasted many innovative features, such as disc brakes and monocoque construction, and it dominated endurance competition during the era.

Today, D-Types’ values as collector cars are in the $4 million range.

A 1955 Jaguar D-Type with an intriguing back story will be seen in public for the first time in 40 years at the exclusive Salon Privé Concours d’Elegance in London this September. The car’s checkered past includes damaging vandalism, disputed identity claims and a Chevy V8 transplant, but it has been made whole again after an extensive reconstruction to original by a dedicated owner.

Chassis number XKD523 will be included among the D-Types appearing at the boutique London concours September 3, where the 60th anniversary of the race car will be celebrated with a special class. Earlier this year, the D-Type was featured at the Goodwood Revival.

“Jaguar enjoys a magnificent road and race heritage and the D-Type was pivotal in cementing this during the 1950s,” said Tony O’Keeffe, Heritage Communications Officer for Jaguar UK. “D-Types are very rare – there were only 71 originally made and a large number of these were lost in the factory fire of ’57 – so to see a class of them at Salon Privé is a real treat and their recognition of the D in its 60th year bears testament to Jaguar and the designers of this iconic car.”
thanks http://blog.classiccars.com/jaguar-d-type-60th-anniversary-celebration-includes-restoration-debut-long-lost-car/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal