Xtreme Gaming Network

Apr 19 - season 11 bye - fun run?

Author Topic: Apr 19 - season 11 bye - fun run?  (Read 25804 times)

Offline Dave O

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Apr 19 - season 11 bye - fun run?
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2016, 12:03:18 AM »
Should make it also Marty..  ;D
NEVER TOO OLD TO RACE ... being competitive can be a PROBLEM though.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2016, 08:48:50 AM »
With tonight I think I will leave the prac server up as is until it gets reset at 8:30 for the first qualy and race. This will give people a chance to run some laps in any of the cars before hand for practice.

Good to see a few keen for the run but as its not a huge number it will remain open to AB rated guys too beyond the XGN who should all be allowed access via the whitelist. Anyone that cant get intonthe server send me a pm with your guid but I think Ive added all that I have seen on my servers or last season at least. There really havent been many public on the server anyway as this seems a not very well used mod track yet so Id be surprised if many if any join in tonight anyway.

I have also put up a setup for each of the cars in ptracker, they arent anything special just what I used and was able to set competitive times with. For the races you may need to adjust fuel as the setups are likely all fueled for 5 laps only.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 02:35:56 PM by marty »

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2016, 01:40:07 PM »
Thanks Marty.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline slideways

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2016, 06:13:50 PM »
What order are we racing these in? Haven't managed any laps in the "pencil sharpener yet". Keep laughing at how slow it is...like driving a beetle around Nords..... ;D ;D ;D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2016, 06:52:37 PM »
What order are we racing these in? Haven't managed any laps in the "pencil sharpener yet". Keep laughing at how slow it is...like driving a beetle around Nords..... ;D ;D ;D

Will be going from slowest to fastest so Abarth, Mustang and finish with the Corvette.

The Abarth is the s2 as in speedy one or less slow at least  ;D it will actually catch out quite a few as its far from stable even at these speeds but once people get the hang of it can produce some silly close racing. Lift through the esses and you will likely end up in the sand but to pass someone you need to lift so I expect some carnage in that race.

The other 2 are a bit more traditional in the way they drive but the wall at the last turn will be lucky to still be standing by the end of the nite.

Offline slideways

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2016, 06:56:14 PM »
LOL..Yeah, I've experienced side window damage as a result of that wall.... ;)

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2016, 07:44:46 PM »
Hey Marty, might have the night off and make room for someone else.  Enjoy . . . :)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2016, 08:32:12 PM »
Hey Marty, might have the night off and make room for someone else.  Enjoy . . . :)

Everyone is welcome, all xgn people can get in or anyone with minorating of AB.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2016, 10:25:14 PM »
Thanks all for a bit of fun tonight, good to do something a bit different.

Here are the Race results for the nite.

http://52.62.170.191:50041/championship

Race Winners were Phil, Marty and Grat with overall points for the nite Phil and Marty tied but stracker is being nice and has put my name ahead as it should. :) with Stan coming in 3rd.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2016, 10:28:50 PM »
Thanks all for a bit of fun tonight, good to do something a bit different.

Here are the Race results for the nite.

http://52.62.170.191:50041/championship

Race Winners were Phil, Marty and Grat with overall points for the nite Phil and Marty tied but stracker is being nice and has put my name ahead as it should. :) with Stan coming in 3rd.

was a good night
I think for an up coming Thursday season I am going to do a series of similar fun runs, because it was fun :)
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2016, 10:30:18 PM »
Good fun tonight. I need to practise with larger fields. Seems that I manage to "stay the distance" when there are smaller fields :(

Practise was interesting with the Corvette and Mustang overtaking the Abarth. Made me think of Brendon Hartley Big Crash 2016 WEC 6 Hours of Silverstone. Would it be feasible to run a season of 2 classes of car? - for example class of GT3's and a class of DTMs? Or similar combo of cars.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2016, 10:37:19 PM »
Good fun tonight. I need to practise with larger fields. Seems that I manage to "stay the distance" when there are smaller fields :(

Practise was interesting with the Corvette and Mustang overtaking the Abarth. Made me think of Brendon Hartley Big Crash 2016 WEC 6 Hours of Silverstone. Would it be feasible to run a season of 2 classes of car? - for example class of GT3's and a class of DTMs? Or similar combo of cars.

There are supposed to be some LMP cars coming at some point I think, we already do have the c9 and will soon get the 787B as official content. These could race against the Mclaren F1 in a split class or once some modern LMP cars come can race them against lower class gt cars.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2016, 10:37:57 PM »
Would it be feasible to run a season of 2 classes of car? - for example class of GT3's and a class of DTMs? Or similar combo of cars.

Could try it on a Thusday after this season and if any good could do a season of it sometime or a series of fun runs with different cars and tracks each week
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2016, 08:48:12 AM »
Chuck some ideas in the bucket list thread!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2016, 09:37:22 AM »
I had the funs last night!!  :D
Good racings, got to drive the Stang n Vette and a ride on lawnmower, good times n great rock n roll!!
 :P :P :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal