Xtreme Gaming Network

S13R6: Silverstone International Race Chat

Author Topic: S13R6: Silverstone International Race Chat  (Read 17195 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S13R6: Silverstone International Race Chat
« on: August 31, 2016, 07:47:42 PM »
3 x 15 laps

With 23 entrants, we don't need to use the OSRW mod - so this is on the stock AC track.

Weather Forecast (looking like 24 degrees and cloudy, back in the northern hemisphere summer)

Entry List
Flattop
Bafs17
Hornbag
Joe
Mitchyy
Rob
Humper
Ben
Insomniac
slideways
Guybrush Threepwood
Mael
Wally
Freezer
Rob LTD
Grat
hylas
EdWood
Bacchulum
Phil.8
Marty
Jeremy
Matthew111
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline insomniac

• View Profile
Re: S13R6: Silverstone International Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 09:39:33 PM »
Cracking track, looking forward to it, the Supra is VERY fast around here, hopefully can keep the Z and GTR at bay in the rx7. Alongside the usual XGN practice server I have setup the same combo with no varying track grip=100% grip all the time, and 23c ambient and cloudy.  Lots of practice time plus qual and a short race. The usual password for admin, no stracker though.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 09:42:36 PM by Davo »

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 07:21:02 AM »
Cracking track, looking forward to it, the Supra is VERY fast around here, hopefully can keep the Z and GTR at bay in the rx7. Alongside the usual XGN practice server I have setup the same combo with no varying track grip=100% grip all the time, and 23c ambient and cloudy.  Lots of practice time plus qual and a short race. The usual password for admin, no stracker though.
Thanks Davo, I hope your correct on the Supra, I will need to put plenty of practice in...  this time :)
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 11:07:47 AM »
Just realised, car club meeting next week, will not get the opportunity to stretch the Supra!  :-\
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2016, 11:54:11 AM »
Just realised, car club meeting next week, will not get the opportunity to stretch the Supra!  :-\
OK, thanks Bruce. I'll take you off the grid to avoid holes.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2016, 12:36:02 PM »
Having ran some laps in the 370 and rx7 these seem fairly close, 370 is much easier to drive here rx7 likely has a couple tenths in hand thanks to top speed advantage but its quite sketchy near the limit so will be hard to be as consistent. I havent tried the other 2 yet but will do at some point.

I did forget to turn Minorating filtering off for maybe a few days so the prac server would have been a bit nasty, I jumped on and Phil asked if the console people can race in MP now. :)

Then last nite instead of making grip 100% +-2 so should start between 98 and 100 with a 50% chance at 100 I made it 10% +-2 lol. I think only Insomniac tried to run on the server at 9% but failed to get it moving. Maybe thats the ice level of grip.

Offline insomniac

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2016, 12:44:45 PM »
LOL yeah 9% was fun not could not get it off the pit. They're all very close here I think.. I got into the 17s in the gtr and rx7 so far but didn't manage to in the z. Haven't tried the supra,  but from what I've seen of others its fast.

Offline slideways

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2016, 12:50:50 PM »
Disregard the 2 aliens and the next ten guys are within 0.6s.  :)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2016, 02:07:24 PM »
Real onboard laps in 370z at Silverstone international with ballast (aka passenger) but he is just cruising.
ONBOARD: Silverstone International Nissan NISMO 370Z - Nick McMillen

A little practice/messing around session on the international track for us GT Academy guys in the Nissan 370z free race cars that we used in the final GT Academy race. Passenger is Stanislav Aksenov the Russian winner.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2016, 03:51:53 PM »
Cool. Now that Bird's bought himself a GT86, who's going to step up and buy one of these?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2016, 06:00:05 PM »
Is Bird racing his for real, I havent seen him since he got it. Maybe hes still getting home from work as that car is pretty slow.  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2016, 06:06:02 PM »
Is Bird racing his for real, I havent seen him since he got it. Maybe hes still getting home from work as that car is pretty slow.  ;D
Haven't you seen his track day vids? http://xgn.com.au/index.php?topic=1513.0

Offline insomniac

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2016, 03:31:43 PM »
Weather looks ok for tuesday, 20c for the early race and 26 for the late one with a rain shower maybe good for the gtrs :(

How the track was below ambient air temp last week I don't get?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2016, 04:38:37 PM »
Weather looks ok for tuesday, 20c for the early race and 26 for the late one with a rain shower maybe good for the gtrs :(

How the track was below ambient air temp last week I don't get?
Track can go below ambient when it's cloudy. I use the temperatures recommended by the AC server manager program, which takes cloud cover into account.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2016, 08:37:02 PM »
Yes with some cloud cover track temp can drop off a fair bit. This is in the UK so its quite likely the sun wont be out. Regarding grip and temps though its the same for the field so no need to get too concerned over these.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal