Xtreme Gaming Network

S22R6: Italian Grand Prix at Monza Post Race

Author Topic: S22R6: Italian Grand Prix at Monza Post Race  (Read 11908 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S22R6: Italian Grand Prix at Monza Post Race
« on: June 12, 2018, 06:13:11 PM »
Kcender87 takes the win by 1.7 seconds over Phil to take the championship lead.

RACE RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS
SEASON STATS

Round Points
Kcender87   45
Phil.8   38
Matthew111   32
Freezer   27
Grat   27
Bacchulum   23
ab156   20
RussG   18
Keith   17
Wally   16
Shayne   15
Seanus   14
Dave O   13
Doobs   12
Jeremy   11
Mael   0

Congratulations to Matthew on pole and fastest race lap, and to Kcender for the win.

Penalties
There was a slight sideways contact between Freezer and ab156 when cars were 3 wide that sent AB off track – racing incident.

Tangle between Shayne and Russ in the 1st chicane – racing incident. There was another Seanus – DaveO – ab156 tangle. All of it was fairly light, slow and not reckless contacts, so no penalties.

After the chicane, RussG re-entered the track and kept drifting from right to left into the path of Seanus, spinning him into the barriers – restrictor penalty for next round for reckless re-entry causing an accident.

Season Podium
1. Kcender87, 204  (Kcender and Phil swap places for the lead, with nothing in it)
2. Phil.8, 200
3. Matthew, 176
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 10:49:02 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S22R6: Italian Grand Prix at Monza Post Race
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 10:33:07 PM »
Results are up.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 10:41:08 PM »
The car felt pretty average around here again, at least for pace. I only qualified 2nd last, even though having almost minimal aero. In the race, my lap time was lagging towards the end too, so I blame the car  :-X
But the racing was entertaining. Between myself, Russ, Keith, Shayne and ab156, we had plenty of draughting opportunities and passes and overtakes. You can see in the positions graph in the results how much position swapping there was throughout.

I took the Parabolica sideways a couple of times, which isn't the fastest way around, I discovered. I also had a big off into the barrier in the last variante on the back straight while chasing ab156, which put an end to that chase and soon after let Keith and Russ past in a tag-team overtake. A lot of fun despite the lack of overall pace.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 10:41:30 PM »
Couldn't quite get it together in qualy but still happy starting 9th.
Got away well at the start and followed Shayne through the gap in front finding myself between AB and RussG.  Unfortunately there was a small touch with my rear wheel and AB's front which put him in a tank slapper which thankfully he hung on to and kept going.  I felt a small bump at the time but didn't really know what had happened so apologies to AB for my part in that.
I had some hard racing with Bacchulum (is there any other way!)  I appeared to have higher down force so he would catch on the straights but I had good drive out of the corners.  We battled for a bit until
he had a slip and I was through.  From there it was a pretty quite race (although Bacchulum was always not far behind).  Ran to lap 26 on a full tank (almost had to coast into the pits on the last drops) and a second set of hards and a top up got me home in 5th.

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2018, 10:50:52 PM »
After the chicane, RussG re-entered the track and kept drifting from right to left into the path of Seanus, spinning him into the barriers – ballast penalty for next round for reckless re-entry causing an accident.
I accept full responsibility for this one - sorry Seanus.

I bogged it down at the start and lost some places. Shayne and I had contact at the first chicane, then I had the incident with Seanus (above) and rejoined a distant last.
I had good pace so from there it was quite fun trying to claw my way back. Had some great fun racing and happy with where I finished  :)
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2018, 10:56:16 PM »
Quick question Wally, who came 4th. Grat or Freezer?

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2018, 11:27:07 PM »
Grat . . Scoreboard might be out!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2018, 07:56:11 AM »
Do you reckon you actually came 4th? Do I have to check the results?

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2018, 08:04:56 AM »
I think they mean the first post in the thread shows otherwise (me 5th).

Anyway: glad to be back. It was a bit of an anonymous race, but fun enough.

Sorry to Phil and Matthew (?) for the T2 mind-slip in lap 1. Thank God I was able to avoid all solid bodies and redress at least one position (but I was not sure about where the second car was, so I got back in line by Lesmo 1.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2018, 08:52:59 AM »
You have us both on 27 points but i followed Grat home!

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2018, 08:55:15 AM »
I was slow, I had a shit race.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2018, 09:08:38 AM »
OK, I'll check what happened there.

Offline keithsgillan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2018, 09:52:04 AM »
Only a handful of laps practice, just enough to set gears, tyre pressures, and aero. I was intending to do a lengthy practice prior to qually but my wife alerted me that we had a plans. How could this be? Who is silly enough to make plans for a Tuesday night? Trying my hardest to return in time I managed to jump on the server with about 60 seconds of qually left... impeccable timing :)

So starting from the back of the grid, with what I thought was minimal (slow) setup, bogged it down... but hey, no one behind me to create trouble so no harm no foul. Not entirely switched over to the racing mindset, I approached turn 2 and braked at my normal braking marker. It did not cross my mind that filing through the chicane would create a jam into T2  :o . The closing speed on the pack under brakes was having me quickly assess my options, I ducked right, trying to keep all wheels on the black stuff and avoid contact. I Dropped the right wheels on the grass and ended up going straight on to avoid contact, came back on the track ensuring I didn't pick up any places with my little excursion.

From that point it was a fun race. Changing places often and executing actual passes, not just being gifted positions. Good quality racing racing from everyone I encountered.

I did at some point I had a real amateur moment when I hit Matthew trying to pass him into T1, sorry Matthew. He was exiting the pits and was down on straight line speed, I ducked to the inside to pass in T1, I clearly over estimated the level of grip and washed wide straight into the side of him. Both of us going off but neither of us spun, cost us both a bucket load of time (for me approx. 13 seconds). 

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2018, 05:05:09 PM »
& the Season Standings link has no results for Monza.

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2018, 08:02:24 PM »
& the Season Standings link has no results for Monza.
All fixed. Net result is that Freezer has 4 less points, but it doesn't affect any positions. I haven't updated the standings image etc... it will be straightened out in the next results.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal