Xtreme Gaming Network

XGN Tuesday practice server now has a whitelist.

Author Topic: XGN Tuesday practice server now has a whitelist.  (Read 16153 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
XGN Tuesday practice server now has a whitelist.
« on: April 15, 2016, 06:26:24 PM »
Thanks to the help from Minolin he has managed to make minorating work in a way that I can run the practice server with a whitelist for all XGN drivers. Above this it can be open to public but with stricter grading which I will limit to AB grades only where it was also open to C grades and unrated drivers.

Any driver on the whitelist should be permitted into the server even if they arent rated A or B with minorating, the time spent on the server will still effect your minorating. This whitelist will also be in effect to all my "Marty's Aussie servers" so xgn registered drivers should have access to any of these no matter their rating.

For a trial on this fun run I may even run the server this way on the nite, This is assuming we arent expecting 24 or more people in the server. Most non official runs tend to only get 12 to 18 drivers so this way we may fill the server and AB rated drivers even if from OS with a higher ping should be not trouble to race with.

If anyone cant get into the server send me a pm and GUID and I will make sure to add you to the whitelist. I think I have all the people registered for the current season.

Rolz

Re: XGN Tuesday practice server now has a whitelist.
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 07:00:39 PM »
Hey Marty I wouldn't mind this as well for my servers, if you could share some info on it  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 07:44:14 PM »
Thanks Marty.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 09:34:32 PM »
Hey Marty I wouldn't mind this as well for my servers, if you could share some info on it  ;D

I assume your using the local auth plugin, simply download the last one Minolin posted here.

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/server-plugin-minorating-com-server-admin-thread.25751/page-27#post-670026

Run the auth app as normal with the regular auth line for example mine for the prac server.

AUTH_PLUGIN_ADDRESS=localhost:9599/?ALLOWED=AB

Then in the same location as you have the local MRAuthCache.exe add a file called whitelist.txt with a GUID for all those you want on the whitelist. Have each in its own line with no spaces after each so just GUID clean on each line.

Anyone in the whitelist will always get access no matter what MR grades your allowing.

Rolz

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2016, 11:11:43 AM »
ah I remember reading about authcache, but it's a windows app... I'll ask Minolin if it works under linux with mono

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2016, 11:43:22 AM »
ah I remember reading about authcache, but it's a windows app... I'll ask Minolin if it works under linux with mono

So have you been using MR on your server with regular auth? Are you still getting join lags at all which was the main reason that was started up for us on the other side of the world.

Rolz

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2016, 12:31:32 PM »
by join lags do you mean delay in logging into game or when someone jumps on to the server there is a lag for everyone else?

If it's the latter, I don't think I've ever noticed it... I will though now keep an eye on it...  ;D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2016, 02:18:36 PM »
The join lags would cause everyone in the server to spike at the point someone new joined with minorating running and filtering via auth. This was caused as it needed to get the mr grade from the server in europe and this delay caused a fairly noticeable spike in others that were in the server. That is where the local auth was first brought to life as this stores the mr grade database on your pc updating every 15 minutes then just checks the local databse on new joiners.

It may have been more of an issue when the server is busy and lots of people coming and going but it was noticeable at all times.

Rolz

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2016, 06:40:35 PM »
hmm I will have to check it out... my DTM server gets relatively busy

12 ppl on line now (http://ac.simracer.me:50041/livemap?server=ac4NurburgringDTM)

But I've never noticed it...

I can't check it out now sadly but hopefully will tomorrow... Fingers crossed I hear back from Minolin tonight and I'll work on it tomorrow

:)

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2016, 08:26:04 PM »
I have been to your server tonight, Rolz. Good job: it was full and mostly quite fun (I like those cars). Thank you.

What kind of mr were there? There was quite a bit of mess around and one guy started from pits with like 10 seconds advantage on anybody else.

Races were mostly good, though, it the first few positions. But quite a few crazy ones to avoid...

Rolz

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2016, 09:08:55 PM »
Hi grat!

Thanks for the checking it out!
I am about to jump on now and check the lags spikes... did you maybe notice it when people were jumping on?

I run ABCN - basically I just don't want wreckers on plus I want people to get the MR rating up...
One or 2 twats occasionally jump on but they get booted off by the majority anyway.

ok now to see if I can see this spike issue

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2016, 10:39:47 PM »
Sorry: I forgot to check for spikes. I have got a pair of freezing moments, but it happens on Marty's servers too and I did not check whether someone joined at that time or not, so I guess it is a different thing....

Rolz

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2016, 10:45:12 PM »
after some investigation I found my servers weren't working for auth - now they are, so I'll have to see tomorrow night when it's busy again.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2016, 11:43:23 PM »
Sorry: I forgot to check for spikes. I have got a pair of freezing moments, but it happens on Marty's servers too and I did not check whether someone joined at that time or not, so I guess it is a different thing....

Was that your game freezing up, that would be something related to your system. The join lag is fairly obvious and it happens each time you see a new name pop up on the screen as they begin to join.

All other cars will do a big lag spike at the same time. If the auth wasnt working correctly due to the auth line being incorrect then this wouldnt happen. I remember when I started with mr I stuffed that line and also didnt have server auth working.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2016, 09:12:58 AM »
Hi Marty,

I always get one (or two) episodes of hyper-stuttering/freeze for 2 seconds each, usually in the first 5 minutes I am in the server or so. This happens every time on your servers (incl.. XGN practice) but not usually on the race nights server. It does not do it offline and it does not repeat after those first few minutes. I have no idea of what it might be.

Granted: my system is pushed a bit to the limit. It is normally fully stable at 59.999fps, but turn in at T1 of Barcelona gives me a little bit of stuttering in some cars any... don't know, 10 laps (some other corners/cars have similar issues, but even less frequently). But these online freezes are of a different type: they are longer and more freeze-for-one-second than stuttering.

It is somehow linked to multiplayer, but after all this time I have not managed to figure out what it is. But given that it happens only in the first 5 minutes or so after I join, I doubt it is linked to other players joining and mr.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal