Xtreme Gaming Network

May 19: Practice race at Paul Ricard Castellet

Author Topic: May 19: Practice race at Paul Ricard Castellet  (Read 16767 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
May 19: Practice race at Paul Ricard Castellet
« on: May 13, 2015, 12:15:58 AM »
Using the season 7 cars: McLaren P1 and Ferrari LaFerrari. Drive both cars; mix it up a bit.

Track: Paul Ricard Castellet 0.8.2 [DOWNLOAD]

3 x 8 lap sprints.

Passworded server.

Don't forget to download version 1.1 of the Pit Lane Penalty app (time penalty instead of drive through) HERE.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
Re: May 19: Practice race at Paul Ricard Castellet
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 07:19:10 AM »
Would love to be there but will be away for work the coming Tuesday.  Have fun guys.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 02:04:24 PM »
Ive also put up a practice server for rnd1 at Silverstone to help people make a car choice. Paul Ricard is this the no chicane version as its quite fun in these cars getting some sill high speeds on the back straight.

I have the regular xgn password on the Silverstone Aus XGN practice server but I may just open this up to the masses for a while. If many zgn guys want to have a run on there I can pass it up again but it will give more laptime data on stracker if the masses are allowed in. I also dont have any open servers other then my qualy one.

The admin pass for the server is the regular xgn pass so if anyone is on and someone need a kick (surely not me) use the admin commands and you can get rid of them. The basic command needed is
/admin "password"
/kick Guybrush Threepwood
thats the one I use the most.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 02:50:38 PM by marty »

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 12:58:08 PM »
Had a go at Silverstone last night. Took me quite a while to get a complete lap, but managed to get my times down after a while. Not like Guy who popped in for 5 laps, beat the WR in the Ferrari and left....

A load of people joined the server and ended up doing a couple of races... races with random people compared to league races suck huh! Qualified 2nd in both races I did but got taken out on the first corner both times.

Also banned one guy. I was behind him and whenever I got close he'd brake and swerve around then when I got past would tap me from behind. I think he did this 6 times in one race, so once it was over so was he.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 02:21:59 PM »
Had a go at Silverstone last night. Took me quite a while to get a complete lap, but managed to get my times down after a while. Not like Guy who popped in for 5 laps, beat the WR in the Ferrari and left....

A load of people joined the server and ended up doing a couple of races... races with random people compared to league races suck huh! Qualified 2nd in both races I did but got taken out on the first corner both times.

Also banned one guy. I was behind him and whenever I got close he'd brake and swerve around then when I got past would tap me from behind. I think he did this 6 times in one race, so once it was over so was he.

I can make the server just passworded again if its a bit chaotic with the general public being allowed in. As I dont have a wheel atm I wont be going on there so probably better to password this server again just using the xgn pass.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2015, 06:49:27 PM »
Ive put the regular pass back onto the silverstone practice server, here are the Stracker stats from this server too.

Edited by Flattop :) Lap Stats.

If GB got the WR in the Lafa it must mean the P1 is a little quicker as I didnt run that many laps and pretty sure it wasnt a WR but still a little quicker there.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 09:52:52 AM by Flattop »

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2015, 07:48:49 PM »
You've linked to the admin bit, authentication required.....

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2015, 08:57:57 PM »
Tyre wear for these races will be 1.5x. More for my own experimentation, really. In the season, the 30 min races will be 3x tyre wear, so you more than likely will have to change tyres in the pit stop. The 50 min, 2 stop races will be about 1.5x tyre wear, so you should get two stints out of one set of tyres.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2015, 10:05:18 PM »
Ive put the regular pass back onto the silverstone practice server, here are the Stracker stats from this server too.

If GB got the WR in the Lafa it must mean the P1 is a little quicker as I didnt run that many laps and pretty sure it wasnt a WR but still a little quicker there.  ;)

I think the P1 is quicker everywhere, possibly with the exception of Monza?  Anyway, only ran a few laps - 7 according to ptracker , but I'm sure there's probably another second in there with some practice and setup work.  Still got another 102 laps to catch up to you Marty.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2015, 11:17:43 PM »
Just been practicing on this Paul Ricard track. It may have taken me 77 laps but I got a 1:53.4 in the Ferrari putting me 2nd on RSR so I'm taking it  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2015, 08:31:28 AM »
There is an 0.8.3 version of the track just released, but I'll have 0.8.2 on the server, which is itself relatively new. If you have 0.8.3, rename your track folder to 0.8.2 so you can join the server. I'm hoping that the track's surfaces.ini (used for checksum) hasn't changed. If you have any setups, you'll need to rename your setup folder under the car in My Documents to 0.8.2 as well.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2015, 10:19:57 AM »

I think the P1 is quicker everywhere, possibly with the exception of Monza?  Anyway, only ran a few laps - 7 according to ptracker , but I'm sure there's probably another second in there with some practice and setup work.  Still got another 102 laps to catch up to you Marty.

I think I ran about 10 to 15 laps but ptracker counts all laps on a particular server I think. Thats kind of why numbers are so high.  ;D

Rolz

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2015, 05:46:24 PM »
Sadly I'm working late tonight so can't join in... Cya next week :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2015, 06:11:58 PM »
Server is up with Paul Ricard 0.8.2.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal