Xtreme Gaming Network

May 19: Practice race at Paul Ricard Castellet

Author Topic: May 19: Practice race at Paul Ricard Castellet  (Read 16294 times)

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
Re: May 19: Practice race at Paul Ricard Castellet
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2015, 07:45:27 PM »
Sorry guys I feel rather crooked, I'll give it a miss, too.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2015, 08:04:46 PM »
i am trying to download the track but.....is telling me 2 hours to go at 10KB/s ,extremely slow for me,,,why??   :o
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 08:09:48 PM by Simone »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2015, 08:29:01 PM »
i am trying to download the track but.....is telling me 2 hours to go at 10KB/s ,extremely slow for me,,,why??   :o

See you for race 3!!!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2015, 11:03:34 PM »
Here are the RACE RESULTS.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2015, 11:06:07 PM »
Awesome fun guys. My first poll in qually. Shame I spun out on the first lap  :o

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2015, 11:22:21 PM »
Awesome fun guys. My first poll in qually. Shame I spun out on the first lap  :o

Grats on the pole :)
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2015, 08:18:02 AM »
I enjoyed the Ferrari more than the McLaren. It's a bit livelier, a bit more predictable, a bit more driftable. And of course here, with the massive staright, it had the legs on the McLaren. I didn't really get much of a draft up with either car though, surprisingly.

In race 1, I was leading in the Ferrari with Stan's Ferrari always looming in my mirrors. He was ready to pounce when I slipped a bit on the kerb leading onto the straight, and got the win from me.

Race 2 in the McLaren was a bit of a loopfest, with the rear coming around far too easily. But I had some good racing with Rob, Viper and Joe. Joe's Ferrari kept rubber banding with me, passing me on the straight and then me passing him in the corners, but neither of us could really break away.

Race 3 was again in the McLaren. This time, I put on maximum rear negative camber, dropped the toe a bit (still just positive) and reduced the rear tyre pressure 1 PSI. This made the rear much more stable, and I was now able to drift the McLaren a bit more, including a nice opposite-lock slide through the right hander at the end of the straight (a great corner). I lead that race to the win, with Chris and Stan squabbling in their Ferraris behind me.

By the way, in the race results, you can see the effects of the 10 second penalties given for excessive track cutting. The positions with a red background are where 10 seconds has been added to the driver's race time.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2015, 09:08:19 AM »

Grats on the pole :)

Are you really congratulating me or making fun of my typo  ;D

Here's a screengrab of me squeezing between Krahl and Grubbert, unfortunately a bit late in the straight, and as it seems the Ferrari needs to brake earlier into the corner they got me again. A couple of laps later I'm pretty sure I had enough speed and time to go through again but decided against it through fear of taking us all out in the corner  ::)

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2015, 09:40:19 AM »
By the way, in the race results, you can see the effects of the 10 second penalties given for excessive track cutting. The positions with a red background are where 10 seconds has been added to the driver's race time.

Ahh that would explain the race 3 results! :) I normally keep an eye on my cuts, but in race 3 my eye (I only have one, I wear a pirate's uniform and have a parrot that I've trained to...err umm back on topic) was firmly focused on Chris's bumper bar for just about all the race as we had an excellent race  ;D

Great introduction into the new season's cars, I enjoyed both of them. They seem pretty evenly matched (Ferrari advantage on the straights, McLaren in the corners).

All 3 race were great fun for me, race 1 with Wally (one mistake!!), race 2 with Krahl (he was so fast on the straight with his Ferrari, I didn't seem to have that same edge when I was in a Ferrari... hmmm must get better  :D) and an excellent dual with Chris in race 3. Happy new season of racings!!  ;D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2015, 11:04:33 AM »
Wally regarding the mclaren being less lively then the lafa I actually found the opposite. To me it seems as if even TC off in the lafa it still has a bit on so the rear is more planted. The P1 is pretty much a drift beast for me but I dont use TC in either as its so much more fun using the throttle to help turn when needed. P1 I also us the DRS to avoid understeer at some corners but I also found at times I ran put of electric power a couple times and that wouldnt be good in a long race.

Offline christopheraser

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2015, 11:34:36 AM »
Huge fun last night, especially with Stan in Race 3. Some really close clean racing. We were side by side for half of the last lap in race 3.

Strange that I wasn't getting any cut warnings last night. I had the plugin installed and turned on for all three races, but each time i checked between events it was off again. I restarted AC between Race 2 and 3, but have since reinstalled the patch anyway, so hopefully that will fix it. Strangely I wasn't getting any cut warnings on screen for race three where it appears the plugin did its job. Am I missing a trick here? Where do the warnings appear?

Once again great fun last night, thanks for letting me be involved.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2015, 11:57:42 AM »
Huge fun last night, especially with Stan in Race 3. Some really close clean racing. We were side by side for half of the last lap in race 3.

Strange that I wasn't getting any cut warnings last night. I had the plugin installed and turned on for all three races, but each time i checked between events it was off again. I restarted AC between Race 2 and 3, but have since reinstalled the patch anyway, so hopefully that will fix it. Strangely I wasn't getting any cut warnings on screen for race three where it appears the plugin did its job. Am I missing a trick here? Where do the warnings appear?

Once again great fun last night, thanks for letting me be involved.

In the PLP.ini file, where the app is installed, there's a setting like Invisible_Mode=1, or something like that. Try changing that to 0. Then it should be easier to see where the app actually is on your screen. The warnings come up in the app window. In a race session, you should always see "Warnings: 0/3".

Marty, I left TC on in both cars. Maybe that's the difference.

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2015, 12:57:23 PM »
I definitely had my warnings visible but I didn't notice my cuts coming up (as I said I was preoccupied but I normally notice them, will look for it next time)  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal